Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My breadmaker part came today, so I spent a fiddly hour taking the whole thing apart and replacing the broken bit. Had to get it all out of the outer case to access the one nut that holds the piece in place, which meant undoing every screw and even taking off the feet. Easy to take apart, more fiddly to reassemble of course. Still, the job's a good 'un, and cost a mere £6.35 plus P&P, so I'm well chuffed.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Happy birthday Snoop hope you enjoyed your special day. xx
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
        What a miserable day it turned out.
        Driving wind and driving rain along with it.
        It was so dark the lights have been on all day.
        Put up all my ornaments and decorations this afternoon.
        The house looks far more cheerful now.
        I wont put the tree up just yet.
        Pleased with my days work.
        Have a good night all and stay warm.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I have just had a "Eureka moment". I made another loaf tin of chocolate fridge cake/tiffin this afternoon as I had eaten all the last one.😋😋 When I was a kid we called it sticky chocolate cake and mine has never been quite the same. Tonight I just couldn't wait to have a piece and it was perfect. I have just realised we didn't actually have a fridge when I was really young. It is far better when it's not too cold and still "sticky".

Comment

• Good morning all.

I have already been awake for an hour for some weird reason. Having fruitlessly tried to drift back off to the land of nod, I've now given in, got up, made coffee and raided the fridge.

Comment

• Morning GF!
              sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                Early birds indeed!

I actually slept like a log- most unusual for me!…

I think today we’ll go and get our Xmas trees. I’d put it off until tomorrow but I’ve just had an invite out to meet up with two friends for a a preXmas coffee tomorrow- completely in the opposite direction to where we get the trees from. There’s also a massive hypermarket 5 mins from the cafe so I could go and get in some of the Xmas foods whilst I’m over there.OH will be relieved he misses out on that first bit of shopping…. ( or maybe not!…me, alone, grasping credit card…..)

Whatever you get up to, enjoy your day peeps. Keep warm and dry xxx
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Just waiting for Frank. Raining heavily here. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop first then I'm hoping to make a start on my Christmas cards, it might make me feel more Christmassy.

Enjoy your day
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Thanks for all the lovely birthday wishes. I had an excellent day and was really spoiled rotten. Amazing lunch out too.

As for today, clouds gathering. Rain and storm forecast later on. Pretty chilly but not cold enough for snow. Had the fire going in the bedroom pretty well all night. In part due to Frankie, who kept moving around whenever it started to die down and so woke me up just in time for another log. Fortunately, the logs are pretty sizeable and keep going for quite a while.

I've never heard of chocolate fridge cake before, GF, and had to Google for it. Looks like a very handy recipe to have up one's sleeve. Thanks for mentioning it. And well repaired, mothhawk. Cheaper, better and more satisfying than just buying a new one.

Right, on with the show. Just the two of us here (plus animals) for the next few days. Fingers crossed I can get through a bit of work.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        It's the darkest wettest morning.
                        It's been raining since yesterday evening.
                        I am going to continue with the Christmas decorating and I need to write my cards..
                        Nothing else on the horizon and I am thankful zi haven't got to go out in the bad weather.
                        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, cold and wet here, jut back in from the coffee morning, just gong to have a bite to eat then need to go and see about getting the church hall windows repaired or replaced, then I will need to pick up my grandson from work, I wish you all a good day whatever you are doing but don't forget to smile

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I've had quite a productive morning here. After my early hours feast I did manage to have a couple more hours sleep and was reawakened by the binmen outside at about 8 am. I called round at my brother-in-law's with some bits and he asked me to pick him up a bottle of milk on the way. When I went in the shop for milk they had fresh pineapples on offer which is great as we're having gammon for our evening meal. They also had some nice looking dates so I got a pack for us and treated my brother in law to a pack. I like dates on their own or wrapped in streaky bacon.

My parcel has just arrived with the present I bought online a couple of days ago. A trip yesterday to a local garden centre was a let down as they didn't have any nice garden ornaments for sale. I was planning on buying one for a present. The place was just full of Christmas cr*p. At least one of my sisters is easy to buy for.....gin.

The weather has been abysmal here today, and still is. It's nearly as dark as night, pouring with rain and cold.

Comment

• Afternoon!
                              I love dates too gf

Come back empty handed from the Xmas tree place. Very little selection today - all rather straggly so we’ll either go back early next week or go to an actual plant nursery and choose one fresh.
                              Didn’t come back empty handed - bought some things from a supermarket, so will hardly have anything to buy tomorrow.
                              We did however see two cars clip each other- both at fault tbh, but there was an almighty ‘smash’ and headlights etc strewn across the road. Not nice to happen at any time, but especially in the run up to Xmas At least they weren’t injured.

Just having a coffee and buttered some stollen. Feel free to help yourselves
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Buttered stollen, Nicos. I thought it didn't need buttering. Well there's a delicious thing I've learned today. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X