This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Very dull start to the day today. Got the generator on, giving the batteries a bit of a charge. Rain possible. Lots next week if the forecast holds good, or bad from Mr Snoop's perspective, as snow is forecast.

Thanks for all the advice and comments on thinking retiring early.

It's a day for shaking not one leg but both, as I've got rather a lot to do. Catch you all later.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Rary I've got a Kindle fire but its frustratingly slow so it rarely gets used online, both my PC and phone are much faster.

Rain here today Snoop we have some local flooding but mostly fields and roads not heard of any houses being flooded this time round.

The room looks a bit lost this morning without the decorations.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All. Raining again, but at least it's only a drizzle at the moment. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
          Dark, windy and very wet here too
          We have friends sailing over from the uk today … shipping forecast….

”Southwesterly gale force 8 increasing severe gale force 9 imminent, increasing storm force 10 soon”
          Thats not going to be fun is it? So glad it’s not me on that boat.

Rary - my son has the most beautiful thick and wavy hair. So sad that the fashion today is to have the short, Peaky Blinders, type of short back and sides….In his teens he grew it shoulder length and everyone commented on how lucky he was to have hair like that.
          Ah well…fashions eh?

More tidying up for me today in prep for our friends arriving…plus a quick grory hop.

Keep warm and safe peeps.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all. A dull morning but its dry,
            I hope to get out in the garden today.
            Looking after my grandson this afternoon.
            Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• In the early 70s I had long wavy hair and so did Himself. When my friends saw a photograph of us together, they thought he was my sister

Comment

• Good morning.

The rain has now dropped down to a steady drizzle. We went out last night in the pouring rain and I ended up unintentionally driving through a mini flood where a stream had burst it's banks and was running across the road. I'm glad we've got quite a high car these days.

Part of my extended family met up in a pub near to where I was born and brought up. It was all the pleasant members of the family including a brother I haven't seen in over a decade. The scary thing was I am the oldest of all my blood relatives now. We all had lots to talk about.

I'm going to do a grory hop next. Where does all the food.....and drink....go?

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                  Good morning.

I'm going to do a grory hop next. Where does all the food.....and drink....go?
                  I know where it’s gone Chez nous….. * looking down at own tummy*

Comment

• just when I thought it may have eased ... more rain. This is so depressing now ... roll on July... the rain will be warmer at least
                    ntg
                    Never be afraid to try something new.
                    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                    ==================================================

Comment

• Nic its rained here all day, its even damp and cold in my GH so i didn't stay in there for long.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Buckets of the stuff falling here again. It was a lovely sunny afternoon until 20 mins ago
                        Went on a grory hop and there are loads of very soggy/ puddly fields around here. No obvious flooding as yet as we are quite high and hilly.
                        Our twice ‘resealed/ repaired’ leaky chimney is….still leaking

Comment

• Just done the ironing I was so bored!

Comment

• Sympathy like there, Nicos. Better luck next time?

Comment

• In spite of it being somewhat dull we got an hours walk in the park.
                              Came home and spent a bit of time in the garden doing a bit of tidying.
                              I think this must be the first day we havnt had rain in quite a while.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                                Nic its rained here all day, its even damp and cold in my GH so i didn't stay in there for long.
                                I saw a rainbow over the border in the heathen lands

I need to clear my greenhouse out and move the propbench in there from the smaller one as that one needs clearing out.
                                ntg
                                Never be afraid to try something new.
                                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                                ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X