This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

Frosty and cold out today, I've not achieved much today up to yet some domestics and soup making.

enjoy your day.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning g all,bright, sunny and frosty..
      The temp is just 1 deg.

Snap Bren, I am making soup today as well.
      Not a lot else to report other than donestics.

Snoop, bet you're relieved you dont have to brave the wet driving conditions.

Jay, I know what you mean about automated phone calls, you can never get a human to speak to,

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
        Beautiful sunny day here- crisp frost everywhere still. - 7C last night and still -3C
        It looks like my geraniums - hidden away in the barn, covered over, are still surviving…but not sure how much more they can cope with. Fingers crossed. Not that I’ve ever been able to get them to survive before

Glad you got your IKEA things sorted Snoop - it’s so frustrating that so many people just can’t seem to do their jobs properly these days….or don’t pass on information… As you say, too much automation too.

All good here- Hibou has just about stopped sulking and the house is back up to its normal temperature even though we left the central heating working all the time we were away.

Oh ….and “Oi there Mr NtG….that’s you off next years Xmas card list!!!!….No friends indeed

I’ve been trying to do a bit of family tree research this morning.
        We called in at a cemetery in Rouen where OH’s grandfather’s uncle was buried in the WW1 military section. He sadly died only 7 days before the end of the war aged 41.
        He gained on OBE for his services so we’ve also been researching that.
        It sounds like a distant relative but in reality , his older brother and his wife brought up OH’s mother.

Change of subject….Talking of crochet, I’ve almost finished knitting another hat
        I’m not particularly good at knitting, nor crochet, but will have a go at simple things- having learned to crochet whilst junior school age when my mom’s friend spent a few hours trying to teach her. Being inquisitive/ nosey……I also watched, and easily picked it up!. Mom never did. Not really done much for years but I seem to find a bit more time these days. It’s very rewarding once completed isn’t it? ( well…not if I don’t get the tension right)

Enjoy your day peeps - keep safe on this ice!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon
          Although its starting to thaw, we still have frozen snow. Can't seem to get warm today, sitting on my rear won't warm me up though will it. Need to move about but really not feeling it, come on spring sunshine. Gales and heavy rain on its way first
          Northern England.

Comment

• Good afternoon all.
            Went for a long walk earlier and bought some cooking apples.
            I am now in the kitchen stewing them and the soup is simmering away.
            Having cuppa and the kitchen is lovely and cosy with the cooker on.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Yum apples
              Northern England.

Comment

• Better go dog walking before it gets dark.
                Northern England.

Comment

• It’s not been a bad day here I’ve been out for a stroll.
                  I went in the garden to close my GH the temp had reached 20c in this afternoon’s sunshine, I cancelled it the temp dropped down to 2.3c.
                  Enjoy your evening.

Comment

• Good morning
                    It is a touch on the wild and wet side out there, lovely. Certainly will not be gardening in that this weekend, might blow away
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Still really cold here- it’s -8C at the moment , but I guess it was a tad colder earlier?
                      We’ve got very heavy frost over the remaining 90% patches of snow. Glad I don’t need to go out in the car today!

In the car on Thursday Bren , whilst driving home, the sun was so hot through the glass on my side of the car that one side of my face was bright red! I’m sure it’s a bit tanned now compared to the other side!

We were supposed to be having our neighbours over for a belated festive mulled wine drink outside with a firepit this evening but I think we’d get frostbite! It’d be sensible to postpone it methinks. We’ll go with the majority decision…’mad dogs and Englishmen…’ attitude in reverse comes to mind

Whatever you get up to peeps- enjoy your weekend. Keep warm and dry and safe x
                      Last edited by Nicos; 20-01-2024, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

It was trying to snow at bedtime last night, but nowhere near as cold as where you are, Nicos. That is distinctly on the chilly side. Dull again here this morning, but no rain forecast.

Got a great load to do this weekend. Because of the weather, Mr Snoop has decided he can't do anything outdoors so he will instead be doing a rejig of lots of things indoors. It's a good idea and I'll be glad when it's done, but I could do without the doing of it right now. Anyway, the sooner begun, the sooner done.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                          Good morning
                          It is a touch on the wild and wet side out there, lovely. Certainly will not be gardening in that this weekend, might blow away
                          Morning, its the same here CG my poor windsock is still hanging on though, he keeps getting tangles up around the pole. I don't think I'll be venturing far today, there's plenty to do indoors instead.

Good idea to postpone Nicos I wouldn't fancy sitting there frozen its bound to get warmer eventually.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Oh…good grief!…our neighbours are up for it!
                            They must be as bonkers as we are!

So…best get a wiggle on back into festive mode and get some nibbles prepared….and sort out the firepit to keep peeps warm. It’s only for an hour or so…..and no sitting involved Bren!
                            Last edited by Nicos; 20-01-2024, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• Yep Bonkers

Comment

• Bonkers, yes I agree. But... probably not that different to Bonfire Night. Maybe Bonfire Night nibbles might not be a bad way to go, Nicos? Me, I can eat soup, sausage rolls, baked potatoes and appropriate cake any day of the year (unfortunately).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X