This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

Waving to Snoop, but please keep that snow to yourself some things aren't for sharing

back again posted too soon

A cold but sunny day no frost so thats a good start, first today I'm making a batch of soup today the stocks are running low not to sure after that.

Robin update they're still here nest building I'd love to see the size of it but don't want to disturb them.

enjoy your day
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 25-02-2024, 08:14 AM.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Beautiful day again with Sun on the frost. Have a lovely Sunday
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Snoop Puss yes could see the hills covered in snow in the distance on our walk this morning, lovely and clear.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Still, damp and grey here. Not very inspiring tbh.

I’d thought I’d near enough finished knitting a bobble hat for my daughter - just a bit of casting off, sewing it up then make the bobble. “ “Any way to make a peak at the front?” Says she
          ” me thinks
          ” yeh sure”

So after a lot of gooooogling and trawling through YouTube I’ve found out how to knit one. Phew! Thank goodness for the internet!

Its started raining again, so I guess that’s my day sorted then!

Enjoy your day peeps x
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good day all..Dull this morning g but not raining.
            Just back from church so having a cuppa.
            No plans for the day so far.
            Happy Sunday all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
              Love hearing the different words and their meaning Rary.
              My mother was also a stickler for manners and we would be told to address people as Mr or Mrs. How times have changed.
              bramble, I worked in Tesco for a short time and they insisted on staff wearing name tags, showing your first name, there was a grouped of young boys passing through my till when one of them address me by my name, whereapon my name tag came off, a day or so after that I was questioned by one of the senior staff on why I wasn't wearing a name tag , so told him there was no way I was going to accept being addressed by a twelve year old boy by my first name, I never heard anymore about it, but as I was only doing the job to get out from under OH feet I could take the chance on that, I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't like displaying their name but needs the job. Of course doing that job also saved me doing housework
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I quite agree with you Rary.
                It's all about manners and respecting your elders..

Mind you, working in Tesco was a good way of getting out of the housework. 😏

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Wholeheartedly agree Rary, I find it lacks respect when strangers use my first name. I wouldn't dream of addressing someone by their first name until I had their permission. I also find it patronising when I'm referred to as "duckie", "love", "sunshine", etc!

Comment

• Good evening spent some time today tidying up the garage, this will give me space to store the wood which I will be using for the roof, that way I don't need to rush the covering of the roof plus I can wait till it's a bit warmer, if I had waited and ordered the material as the wether improves, there is a strong possibility of having to wait quite a bit for delivery and possibly miss a suitable day, so this way I have everything ready when I want it, just one big big mistake made when I was talking about it to my son, as I said once the roof is repaired and watertight I would see about keeping the car in the garage and who overheard that conversation? OH🥴 and since then it's been do you not think you should be clearing out the garage, instead of waiting till you need to clear it, wives just don't seem to prioritise .
                    I meant to post this a couple of days ago, I was at a meeting, and were sitting around a table and I happened to ask someone if they could cover for me as we were going for a holiday for our anniversary, and the conversation covered various changes that has happened since we got married, and one of the things brought up was when we were first married I wouldn't let OH wash my shirt till the weekend and the fact that we only had a very small sink and a water heater that held about three or four pint of hot water for washing my self in, the shirt could stand itself due to the dry sweat but it didn't get washed as your body absorbed some of the salts back in the next time you were sweating , anyway two young women thought sanitation must have been terrible and imagine no bath, they seemed to think cold water couldn't clean you, personally I thought it was better than a bath especially when OH was helping but they couldn't believe that for the majority of families in the area having a bath in the house had only happened 16 to 18 years previously, how life has changed in such a short time right going to nip out to the greenhouse before I settle down to watch TV, have a relaxing evening and think on something to smile about

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning
                      A dry day buy I've a busy start. Perhaps I shall get outside later on.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.
                        Chilly, and not a cloud in the clear blue sky. If it was 15C warmer, it would be summer! Got to get out to B&Q today for various bits and bobs. I really miss wilkos for such odds and ends.

Off to put the kettle on for a brew now.

Have a good day all
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

No idea of the temperature I've not ventured out yet, but no frost, little windsocks not doing a dance so its looking like a good start to the day.

Enjoy your day
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All It was bright sunshine earlier, but it's cloudy now. Have a good day

Comment

• Morning, just had a lovely few days with our daughter, sil and granddaughter who were visiting for a long weekend! Almost 3 year old granddaughter is going on 13, such a character. She’s got her grandpa wrapped round her little finger!! Lol
                              It’s lovely and sunny this morning and frosty, kind of days I love! Off out to doctors then I think a nice walk is in order.
                              Hope you all have a fab day x
                              sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                Its a lovely sunny morning and its 7degs.
                                Domestics first, then a walk and some gardening after that.

Jay, dont you think little girls are so funny at that age.
                                They have much more cop on than the boys.

Have a lovely day all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...