Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all, A dull start to the day.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

Jay, so pleased to hear your good news and may it continue,
    Enjoy your lunch with your school friend, its lovely to have friends who go back so far,

Gardening and sorting plants today.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

GF, are you looking at the 2023 calendar? It's not full moon till 23rd May.

Great news about scan results, Jay. News like that gives you a real lift, I'm sure.

The air feels really heavy and thundery, but I've just checked the lightning map, and it's all happening oop north right now in Northumberland.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• I am useless! I googled next full moon, got this....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240503_134140_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	2578545

and read it as May 3rd instead of 23rd. Oh well, another theory down the drain.

I've just been out shopping for more butternut squash as Mr GF was so impressed with last night's curried butternut squash soup he says he'd be happy to have it every day and definitely wants it again this weekend. I also got more strawberries .

Comment

• Afternoon, we’ve had a few spots of rain earlier now it’s raining heavily and it looking like this is it for the day.
          I did get a fair bit done in the garden so I’m fine with that.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening sll.
            Lots of bits done in the garden especially weeding.
            The weeds are coming up so fast since it rained.
            Still potting on and pricking out plants.
            My strawberries are in flower with plenty of blossom.
            My dahlias are up and growing away.
            My pansies and geraniums are in bloom.
            All looking good so far
            That's enough for one day.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, we made it to the Clyde Valley today, and I kindly let OH pay for the lunches, I was considering paying for them myself but was too slow as OH beat me to it although I paid for some plants myself, even though I struggled to get my wallet out, for some reason OH just seemed to ignore the problem that I had, I think I will need to shorten my pockets as I have a great difficulty getting my hand down below my knees the weather was very nice and warm that getting back to within four miles of the house it was torrential rain, once back home I planted out three penstimon plants, which have been gardening off for the last three weeks, if frost is forecasted any time I will cover with fleece, I also mixed some compost to put on the plants I bought, I worked half a bag of compost, added some course sand and some perlite, added some BFB and chicken manure pellets and was mixing it all together when I realised that I should have measured it all out so that I could pass on the information to others who may have difficulty getting their mix wrong, but I have made up my compost so often I don't really bother with measuring quantities, Jay it's nice to hear from you again and hope you had a good day out, evidently being with an old school friend you will have a lot of years to cover with the reminisces have a good evening folks and enjoy the weekend whatever the weather, and keep smiling
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Thunderstorms here this afternoon.
                I checked my strawberry flowers a couple of days ago and some had black centres. Should have fleeced them

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

I've not checked my strawberries in a while there's plenty of flowers but I've not looked at them closely. I'll check them next time I'm out there.

enjoy your bank holiday weekend.

Comment

• Good morning, cloudy and cooler this morning, I really need to get this predictive text off this tablet my last post is a bit of a nonsense, I thought these computer things were supposed to make life easier not cause stress, I get so upset when the message comes over all wrong believe that if you want just going to head out to get some plants at Home Bargains, where I am told they have some good plants at reasonable prices, so catch you later and have a good, safe day​​​​​​
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzly here. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all , dull but dry and 12 degs.
                        I am rearranging my front garden so that should put in my day nicely.
                        Hubby decided to dig up a bit of it for drainage as it flooded recently.
                        I wasnt present when he did this, and what a mess he made....I'll say no more....
                        Anyway, that's my project for the day.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                          Sunny and calm today.
                          Quite a difference compared to yesterday. Glad we put the last garden table in the garage before going out yesterday- it’s now nice and dry ready for sanding and oiling

Domestics and gardening today. Managed to get the bedding all freshly ironed for the gites so I’m glad that job is out of the way!. Funnily enough, as it’s months since I last used the iron, I double checked it was still working before I set to!

I was looking forward to a trip to the local sawmill this morning but the guy cancelled. Douglas Fir planks for a new door to the hen house( going to treat ourselves to an automatic opener for when we’re away!); a replacement table top, and a new freestanding plinth for the patio to stand the pizza oven on. No rush, but nice to have the projects underway! ( plus they are things we can do in the barn for when it’s raining!)

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend…enjoy yourselves!
                          Last edited by Nicos; 04-05-2024, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

well…I missed a couple of things yesterday!
                            World naked gardening day …phew- pleased about that one!
                            And Star Wars Day - “May the 4th be with you” …yeh..well…

Yesterday was mostly domestics for me ( too much rain going on outside) - then a loooong soak in the tub.
                            More domestics, hopefully a bit of tidying up in the garden and maybe a couple of vide greniers- again weather dependant.

Hope the gardening went well Bramble?…hopefully a great excuse to treat yourself to a few more plants to hide the ‘mess’?

Grory hop planned for tomorrow whilst OH goes to collect the wood. Sad to miss out on that as I love the scent of freshly cut wood. Alas , time is pressing at the moment so needs must.

Enjoy your day peeps. It rained a lot in the night here so hopefully that’s our quota for the day

Comment

• Morning

We have sunshine here for most of the day

Laundries out on the line, the seedling are having an airing so its a good day to be out and about.

enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here. Breakfast on the way. Have a lovely Sunday
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X