Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gf does your hair turn purple if you try dying it, the colour of your hair as you describe it is quite similar to mine, so wondered if I could dye mine without it turning purple, as I have seen a number of,,,, senior citizens,,,, with purple hair and though I might not be in that category I may have the hair colouring, so if you don't mind, try dying your hair and let me know
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Rary, looking at your avatar photo, it looks to me like you already have purple hair.

Comment

• The traffic today has been horrific, I think the whole of Yorkshire was on the road. I went out earlier than normal today to get more strawberries. The shop I've been getting the really ripe ones from hadn't had any delivered today. I then went to try and get some in the little Asda....It was so busy I couldn't even park. I then went to the chemist's to collect our repeat prescriptions. Mine was ready. Mr GF's wasn't in their system, according to them. They recommended that I chase it up with the surgery. Our surgery sends them to the chemist electronically. Deciding it was going to be one of "those" days I went to pick up Mr GF's shirts that I'd ordered on click and collect. They were fine. I then called in Sainsburys, nearly next door, and got some strawberries.

Things seemed to be improving. I rang the doctor's when I got home and sorted out the prescription without too long listening to their annoying music as I started at number 1 in the queue.

When I unpacked Mr GF's new shirts I decided to give them a quick wash as sometimes new clothes can set his eczema off. Somehow a piece of tissue paper must have got in the washer with them. I then had to rewash them. One of the shirts is, of course, black! I'm just hoping now that my bedding which is blowing happily in the wind dries before the rain sets in again.
        Last edited by greenishfing; 16-05-2024, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
          Gf does your hair turn purple if you try dying it, the colour of your hair as you describe it is quite similar to mine, so wondered if I could dye mine without it turning purple, as I have seen a number of,,,, senior citizens,,,, with purple hair and though I might not be in that category I may have the hair colouring, so if you don't mind, try dying your hair and let me know
          Rary it has been decades since I dyed my hair. It never went purple but after I'd had it dyed white blonde for years I one day decided to go back to something similar to what I imagined my natural colour was and ended up with orange hair. It looked truly awful. I looked like a carrot.

Comment

• Afternoon

That’s not good about your parcel Nicos it’s disappointing when that happens.

Fingers crossed it’s not Covid Snoop, is MrSnoop feeling ok?

Not much happening here it’s rained here since 11am so no gardening apart from ordering a new max-min thermometer mines stopped working.

Off to have a dish of fruit.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Airport germs Snoop?…fingers crossed that it’s not Covid. Whatever it is, hope you get over it quickly.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Oh dear Snoop. Hope you improve quick.

Eek GF I'm always with tissues in my pockets so can only blame myself when that happens

Just pottered about today, then decided to sit in the shade and read which is rather unlike me these days. Was nice.
                Still.sat outside with the sun dropped now, will shift inside before the midges find me
                Northern England.

Comment

• Snoop, I hope it's a short lasting bug you've got, and you get back to normal quickly.

Comment

• Morning
                    Bit cloudy but sunshine due. Will be working briefly with OH then the garden awaits.
                    Enjoy your day. The kettle has boiled.
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

It looks like being a dry day here so I'll be in the garden later, hopefully it won't be too soggy out there.

enjoy your day
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Hope you're feeling better today Snoop. Sunny here at the moment. Have a good day All
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all;D
                          Late start for me - so late that I won’t find time for a quick swim today
                          Ah well - grory hop it is then- and a sneaky nip into a garden centre Well…. who wouldn’t

It’s my OH who leaves tissues in his pockets - they don’t half make a mess do they?
                          You can guarantee when I check there’s nothing in them, I’m sure it’s those pesky smiles playing tricks!…see gf- I said I thought they were looking mischievous
                          We’ve had shed keys clonking around, loose change and nuts and bolts…..my addition seems to be seed heads and small fir cones …

Thinking of which - I need to get our bedding changed…..

Enjoy your day peeps….watch out for those pesky smiles!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Thanks for the well wishes, guys. Feeling a better today. Just as well, as Mr Snoop forgot to buy the tests yesterday. Yes, Nicos, possibly just airport germs. Hope so.

Very odd weather yesterday: high of 30 ºC in the shade up by the house during the day, low overnight of 5 ºC. Would have been colder down in the fields, possibly even have been a touch of frost if I'd been up early enough to see it. Anyway, cloudy now. Possibility of drizzle this afternoon, but not much.

Not much on the cards for today, thank goodness. Quite glad of a bit of down time to be honest. Managed to sort out the recalcitrant computer yesterday. No excuses now - I just have to sort out my pile of recipe books.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good afternoon all.

Things are going much more smoothly today. I got a text first thing to say that the Summer dress that I gave in and ordered online the other day (when it was sunny) was out for delivery and would arrive between 11am and 1pm. It arrived quite early in the timeslot and I ripped it open enthusiastically to see what it was like in real life.

I am amazed. It is far better than I dared imagine, and hides a multitude of sins. I think Mr GF was surprised to see me in something quite floaty and feminine. If it washes well, it will be perfect. Even better it is available in another 12 colours.🤫 I think I might order one for my sister's birthday next month in a different colour, but tell her if she doesn't love it to give it back to me and I'll get her something else. She's more or less the same height and size as me.

I've since been out sorting a few bits out for my brother in law and buying us all more strawberries.

The weather is much better than the forecast. The sun is out and the temperature is back in the twenties.

Last edited by greenishfing; 17-05-2024, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• My doctor's surgery have just impressed me. I went in on Tuesday and they put Mr GF on the "waiting list" for his ears syringing. They have just rung with an appointment for Monday. I took the call as he could not hear. The person who rang apologised for the short notice. I told her not to apologise as she had just made both of very happy as his deafness is driving us both mad.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X