• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Sunny here too. Have a lovely Sunday
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Brrr…tis chilly here- cloudy and windy. Glad you all are having some sunshine finally!

I hope the weather picks up a bit for next week gf for your friend and the other participants. Not looking very promising tbh. At least the British Legion will make sure he’s dry and warm. The whole thing is very touching and sad - much more so for those survivors. Can’t be many left now.

Its our village vide grenier today so we’ll pop out and see what people are selling- and chat to everyone no doubt!
      We had intended to have a stall but were just too busy to sort things out in time. I’m sure we can hang on the them until another time.

Sausages in baguettes with chips are off my diet list at the moment - pity really so I want to be gone by the time I smell them cooking!
      Best shake a leg then!
      Enjoy your day - I managed to get a fair bit of weeding done yesterday and hope to get more done later- so long as the rain holds off!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's sunny and 28°C here, which makes a nice change. I had a wonderful night's sleep and didn't get out of bed until 10am.....practically unheard of. I'd thrown the chicken carcass and some veg and herbs in the slow cooker, on low, when I went to bed last night and shut the kitchen door. "Somebody" had opened it in the night, but I must admit that the aroma this morning has certainly given me an appetite.

I'll just pass on a cookery tip I discovered the other day. I was going to mix some batter for onion rings. I usually use: chilled beer, salt, pepper and self raising flour. When I opened the fridge door .... no beer. Somebody had drank it....Me. There was however a lone can of chilled tonic water. I used that. It was the lightest crispness batter ever, and tasted fine.

I think I'll go and wake up Mr GF now, as he's having an even longer lie in than me.

Comment

• Good afternoon,dull with a cold wind and some rain today, was at church earlier and had intended to do some washing of slabs but not in the rain, so will have a quick check of the greenhouse then get some work done on the garage roof. Have a good day whatever the weather and remember to pass on the smiles
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Very warm in the sun, but also very windy! Not complaining though!

Comment

• It’s been shorts and t-shirt weather here, the early morning breeze soon disappeared.
              GH temp was 33c that’s with shading, door Louvres and auto vents all open.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Shorts weather here yesterday too. Quite chilly at the moment, though. Temperatures forecast to get into the mid 30s midweek. Really do need to start getting up very early to make the most of the cool time of day.

Nicely balanced day ahead. Bit of work, bit of gardening, bit of batch cooking, bit of billing.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

I've done a bit of early morning gardening in my pj's, not sure how it happens I only nipped out to open my GH door.

From our kitchen door we can see the robin sat under the helmet nest so we're thinking they may not abandon this nest, but we'll see.

enjoy your day
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Very jealous of all your warmth!….I wore my thermals yesterday outside!
                    Today looks like it’ll be warmer , espesh as the wind has dropped.

Yesterday we had several French airplane carriers fly very low overhead - all marked with the three stripes of the D-Day planes. Turns out they were carrying parachutists for one of the commemoration events. Really very moving when you stop to think about it.

A day of domestics and more weeding today.
                    I started knitting a headband/ ear warmer for my daughter last night - trying to follow a YouTube video I’m not really much of a knitter and this has a cable in it…plus it’s American terminology. Why do I always seem to go about things the hard way? Plus - it’s not the right wool thickness which is complicating things

We have a friend over for the day who is going to repair our patio table. A strong gust of wind last year blew the parasol sideways which levered out and snapped the wood around the central hole. He does general diy but was a skilled cabinate maker by training and his eyes lit up at the prospect. Our table is definitely in safe hands. We can’t match the wood but have old oak which will do the trick strength- wise.

Lovely news about your robin Bren.

Yesterday we went to our village vide Grenier and I bought an antique double carriage step which will be perfect for putting a plant pots on each step . Just need to fix it to a wall or tree now!

Enjoy your day peeps!

Comment

• Good Morning All A bit dull here, so hoping it brightens up. Have a good day

Comment

• Hey there Birthday Girl ^^^^^

Apart from Strawberries instead of caaaake, any other plans for your special day?

Comment

• No plans today Nicos, but I have gin, tonic, chocolates and new PJs for tonight and an afternoon tea for two at a hotel in town when I choose to go with youngest GG and a shopping trip with eldest GG later this week.

Comment

• Good morning all.

Happy Birthday, Flo. Have a lovely day.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Happy Birthday, Flo
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Evening
                                Just in time for the party. Happy birthday FF