This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

Fine here as well CG, the laundries just about ready to go out so I'm hoping it stays like that.

Nipping over to the corn merchants for flour and yeast we're getting low on bread cobs not mush else planned apart from that.

Not spotted your voice around here GF. sorry.

Enjoy your day
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Looks like we’re in for a sunny day!
      We’re taking the camper van to the local garage this morning for diagnostic testing…yup - orange warning light
      OH is helping out in the village today as it’s a day of Music festival over the whole of France. As well as the usual sausage in baguette with chips being sold, a few of them have got together to serve mussels with white wine this evening whilst various musicians from the village get together or take turns performing outdoors. Fortunately it’s forecast to be a dry day!

Enjoy your day peeps

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Sorry to hear your voice is getting worse gf - I’d love to be a fly on the wall with you trying to explain to the Dr and your OH not hearing!

Comment

• Morning all.

Not spotted or heard your voice round here, GF. If it was here, it'd be getting a cold shower as we actually have some rain! Not a huge amount, but straight-down rain that will likely sink in at least a bit. Fantastic. Temperatures have dropped enough for me to think we could even light the range if we wanted to. Don't think we will, though.

Sounds like a lovely day ahead where you are, Nicos. Fingers crossed the camper falls in with the mood of the day and gets itself fixed rather than putting a dampener on things.

Work on the cards for today. P, our remaining dog, isn't keen to go out because of the rain. She has had breakfast today, which is a good sign.

Have a great day, everyone.
          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 11-06-2024, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All Just starting to rain here. Hope you find your voice GF. Oh dear Nicos - the check engine light - glad you weren't tempted to put a sticker over it Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Dull and cold here but its dry.

Nicos, that sounds like a lovely day, enjoy.

GF, good luck with the doctor visit.

Snoop, hope now the rain has started, I hope you get lots of it.

I am off to my line dancing as usual.
              Meeting up with my sisters later.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, been a busy two days again between gardening and running grandsons about, the one wanting to,go to Malaysia with the school has two years to raise the money but needs to commit to paying £250 per month, so i can see some problems there however iam quite sure we should be able to overcome them, I have a lot of jobs that need doing though not a lot of money which could be a problem
                Garden wise te weather is creating some problems quite a bymer of the autumn planted onions are starting to shoot, evidently caused by the high temperatures in May followed by the bitter cold now, though I should have given tem more water so hopefully a lesson learned, well till next year all my flower plants are covered by fleece every night so hopefully they will survive with minimum problems, though if thus weather continues i will finish up losing a number of plants, which reminds me i need to get out and cover sime pots, hope you all yave a good day tomorrow and also find something to smile about
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Either my arithmetic is wrong, Rary, or someone's making a profit. £250 x 24 months is quite a bit more than £4000. 50% more. That said, I hope he manages to do it. He needs to be earning a bit more than bob a job, mind.

Comment

• Morning
                    It's lovely at the moment, have been out watering and the slug inspection.
                    Forecasts differ so may continue nice or be grey with a chance of showers. Hoping the first as I'd like to continue outside.

Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

All 3 forecasts were completely wrong yesterday so I'm not reading todays, that'll show them

It looks like the slugs have been munching my french beans I did plant a few extras so hopefully I'll still have a good supply.

Grory hop at some point today just need to check the list.
                      Enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.

I slept a bit better last night, despite waking up multitudinous times. I think my throat feels slightly less painful, although I haven't tried talking yet today.

Thank heavens Mr GF got his ears syringed yesterday, it does make life a bit easier. The nurse did make me laugh though. She was chatting away to him when he got there, and getting no response, until I pointed out he just couldn't hear her.

If I can get enough energy together I really ought to do a grory hop today. I better start writing a list next.

Comment

• Morning all.

No rain here today, nor for the dim and distant future. But the ploughed fields are looking really sludgy, so yesterday's has made a huge difference.

On the cards for today, clearing brambles and kermes oak. It might sound dreadful, removing oak, but in fact it is a massive shrubby, prickly nuisance. Much as it will grow from acorns, it also seems couch-grass-like in its tendency to throw out roots and put up suckers from those. No-one here likes it and the forestry agent has suggested we clear vast swathes of it. That's an impossibility, but we will try to control it near the house.

Better go and find some sturdy gloves...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                            Sunny start to the day here.
                            Loads more packing to sort now that we know we are safe to use the camper van! - yup - it needs a new alternator and of course a cambelt when we get back but as the problem is intermittent , and always started, the mechanic said just take some jump leads and we should be ok! Let’s hope he’s right I have every confidence in him.

We’ll be away for a couple of weeks and a friend is watering the veggie plot ( well…that’s if it stops raining!) and looking after Hibou and the chooks whilst looking after the house.

Bacon and egg baps here we come…..

Enjoy your day peeps!

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here for now. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all
                                Dull and cold here and it's hard to believe its summer.
                                Lots of errands today and then some gardening.
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...