• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Sunny here too. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning

Ama**n excelled themselves yesterday and my item arrived by 5.45pm in excellent condition. The good thing now is that when/if the same mini catastrophe happens again the consequences will be negligable and easily rectified. I must admit I'm a belt and braces type of "girl", or more accurately old woman.

I have amazed myself with my organisation this week. There are two family birthdays next week and I have already got cards and presents, they just need wrapping and delivering. I must buy some wrapping paper today.

I suddenly realised yesterday that we both seem to be over the virus that plagued us. The paper tissue mountain was non existant and I don't think either of us had a coughing fit. I just hope I haven't spoken too soon.

It's also great to feel the temperature heading into the mid-twenties at long last. Maybe we will get a Summer this year. I need to buy lots of strawberries soon as today I'm opening the last jar of last year's strawberry jam.😋

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Bright and sunny here and its 16degs.
        A trip into town this morning to have my eyes tested for new glasses.

Snoop, glad your feeling well again after your trip to the dentist.
        Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• A bit of shopping this morning then we've spent the afternoon visiting and drinking tea, came home to a GH high of 33.4c that's with door, louvers auto-vents and door open.

That's good news GF hopefully you're both over the virus.

The robins are both very busy feeding their 3 chicks
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
            Eyes tested, glasses chosen and I will collect them on Monday.
            However, by the time I got home it was raining steadily so got no gardening done.
            Hopefully it will be a better day tomorrow.
            Have a good night all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning
              The weather went quite windy and cool yesterday evening and rained overnight. Have checked if anyone has been munched overnight but all seems ok
              The sun has reappeared so will carry on outside today.
              Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Good news about the robins, Bren In Pots. Fingers crossed they come back next year, now they've had success there.

Are these your first new glasses after your cataract operations, bramble?

Very bright here. Going to be a hot one by the look of it.

Mr Snoop is off out this morning to go tile hunting. Meanwhile, I'm off to bed for a catch-up sleep. All work finished, thank goodness. But I had to get up before the crack of dawn to get it done. Got friends coming for the weekend (a long one here, as Monday is a public holiday) and it'll be good to have nothing hanging over me.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Both Robins are looking a bit ragged with the constant hunt for food, they have different viewing spots in the garden, one likes the GH door the other the line post.

enjoy your day.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Warm here but very dull at the moment. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Snoop, yes, the first glasses since my eye operations.
                      I should have had them before now but a certain length of time had to be allowed for my eyes to heal and adjust,
                      Then I went to Spain for a month, so only getting around to it now.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        A little on the dull side but its dry.
                        We had lots of rain yesterday evening.
                        Just one errand this morning and hope to spend the rest of the dsy in the garden.
                        Have a good day all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                          Snoop, yes, the first glasses since my eye operations.
                          I should have had them before now but a certain length of time had to be allowed for my eyes to heal and adjust,
                          Then I went to Spain for a month, so only getting around to it now.
                          Should make an amazing difference to you. Good luck.

Comment

• Good morning.

I have had a naughty one, browsing the internet while Mr GF had a lie in. The sun has peeped it's head out again and my thoughts have turned to Summer clothes again.

The trouble with Internet shopping is in my virtual fantasy brain I am still in my 30s and slim. I will go and look at my virtual shopping bag later when in a more realistic mode. I remember the clothes that my grandmothers wore when they were old (including lots of crimpelene) and the thought of wearing them fills me with horror. If the choice was crimpelene and bri-nylon or ironing I would even pick ironing..

One of the aforementioned grannies even once gave me some still wrapped cotton sheets she'd received as wedding presents in the 1930s as she thought that I was the only person who would give them the attention and ironing that they deserved. I did until they wore out!
                            Last edited by greenishfing; 22-06-2024, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Good evening, have been busy doing nothing and thoroughly enjoying that, daughter and family are on holiday (back home tomorrow) so OH and myself have been able to get some time to ourselves, son has a new job and now has more time at home so dont have the younger grandsons as often, reading that it would seem that we are tied up with looking after grandchildren, we are not its our choice to be there for them, anyway we have been out and about a bit more this last week or so, though today i spent a fair bit of time helping a neighbour who had four bags of chips to put down around his garden so that kept me busy for a time, then went for some messages so there is something in the house for the holidaymakers coming home, i have also recw a letter from the hospital letting me know i am on their list re the hand problems some how i think this is the same letter i got last year if so i think i will have to make a complaint, something i wouldn't normaly do, but the numbness and pins and needles are getting worse and i dont think i could go through another year of this i get the pins and needls when driving and actually have themjust now while printing this, sorry about the moans, but its really bugging me all this, i try to ignore it but not always successfully any way enjoy you day tomorrow abd keep smiling
                              ​​​​​
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning
                                Rary it's good that you help your children and grandchildren, my parents did. They got alot out of it and still have close relationships with the gc's who now take round their own children for visits.

Cloudy start but sun due. I will be planting some things for my mum today, cosmos mostly and a campanula I dug up from here, also her runner beans and will take a couple more tomato plants too.
                                Bbq later and maybe get a chance to do some more things here.
                                Have a good day everyone. Keep smiling
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X