X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Morning
    Last night it was a tropical 17.5c overnight low in my GH i

Thanks for the heads up Rary I'll look out for that when I'm getting near to 50.
    Bren its not a matter of deducting the years once you reach the number of years that you have celebrated, just be thankful that you have seen so many

Good evening, it has been warm cloudy with occasional sunshine, did some weeding then potted on about 60 odd coleus plants and transplanted a good number of nasturtium seedlings, have also sown more nasturtium climbing and trailing seeds as i want to plant them out in the back plot, though before i plant anything i will need to cut down a lot of nettles which i will add to my compost bin, this year i have been adding comfrey leaves into water to make a comfrey tea for feeding the tomatoes, have been doing this for several years, but this year i also have tried filling a plastic box with comfrey leaves adding rain water to fill it up then fitted an air tight lid and left it for about three weeks, once theclid was removed boy what a stink, but water was a lot darker than the usual way and i think a stronger feed so not adding as much to the water, i am trying to see if it makes any diffrence to the tomato but as its an open bed and not tubs or grow bags it will be a bit difficult toget a true assesment, however nothing ventured nothing gained so willsee how thing go.
    Have a good day tomorrow and keep passing on the smiles. Goodnight
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all.

Had a fantastic weekend with friends. Mum is a vegetarian, so quite a relief after the weekday meat meals with the builders. Everyone commented on how low our surviving dog seems. I've noticed as well that when she barks at night as a deterrent, she's far more fearful on her own. She's also keen to go off for walks, but they soon turn into a trudge. She met our Italian friend's puppy and enjoyed her company. So we're definitely going to get a puppy when the building work is finished. Just hope she can cope with a boisterous pup.

Been out with the dog while still cool. Looks like temperatures could hit the mid-30s today. The builders have arrived. Full of enthusiasm, but that will tail off fairly soon, I imagine. I couldn't do what they do.

Right, jobs today. Billing and sorting out my tax declaration. Lunch for the workers and the washing-up.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

It does sound likes she's not to happy to be on her own Snoop so a puppy would help any idea what breed of dog were you thinking of getting.

Rary I've got my Comfrey in a old cistern I bung in all the leaves I can find then top it up with water, it does seem to be fairly strong.

Of for a look around the vine then laundry time.

enjoy your day
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
          It does sound likes she's not to happy to be on her own Snoop so a puppy would help any idea what breed of dog were you thinking of getting.
          Female Pyrenean mastiff is looking the most likely at the moment. We know the parent dogs and their owners. Although she would be a very large dog, PMs have a lovely nature. Very fluffy, which is a bit of an issue in terms of brushing and moulting, but what dog doesn't moult?

Comment

• Good Morning All Hot innit? Company for your dog sounds good Snoop. My haircut is later today. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Well, after a beautiful sunny day yesterday we are back to grey and overcast.
              Enjoy the sun whoever has it.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all, another nice warm one. A pleasant 26°C forecast for today.

I'm going to call and visit both my sisters, separately, this afternoon in a town about 12 miles away, where I grew up. Unfortunately, although they both speak to me, they don't speak to each other.

It was so weird to see people outdoors yesterday. Overnight it seemed as if everybody had gone from Winter woollies to Summer creations. A lot of whiter than white flesh on display, some of which will turn red no doubt this week. I had a large glass of water before visiting the doctor's and the nurse got my blood first time, no problems.😁

I also wore my new Summer dress yesterday and then threw it into the washer on a quick wash and hung it to dry on a coat hanger. I will be ordering another in a different colour today (or two) as it was dry in a couple of hours and does not need ironing.

I struggled to get strawberries yesterday and eventually got the last punnet in little Sainsbury's. I asked the staff if there was a shortage. Evidently not, it's just the weather they said. Never mind, we've half left for today.😋

Time for croissants now I think.

Comment

• Dresses ordered.🤫🤫🤫

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Female Pyrenean mastiff is looking the most likely at the moment. We know the parent dogs and their owners. Although she would be a very large dog, PMs have a lovely nature. Very fluffy, which is a bit of an issue in terms of brushing and moulting, but what dog doesn't moult?
                    Just had a look online ​​​​ very cuddly dogs. Snoop you won’t be cold in winter when you’ve got one of those to share your sofa.

Forgot to say your hair looks nice Flo.
                    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 25-06-2024, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Female Pyrenean mastiff is looking the most likely at the moment. Very fluffy, which is a bit of an issue in terms of brushing and moulting, but what dog doesn't moult?
                      Ooh, an LGD, fabulous! Maybe when she's grown she'll keep the wild boar off the garden too

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Really nice dogs, lovely nature, just right for for our needs. But we've just been told by a friend she thinks the climate is too hot. So we're having second thoughts. But, she'd be all white. And the farmers very near here are being given grants to get them due to the wolves moving into the area. So not totally unsuited to the conditions, I imagine.

Mr Snoop is starting to think one might be too big for us. So I'll let you know how we go.

Comment

• Morning all.

Nice and cloudy and cool this morning.

Today's missions for me are finish off getting stuff together for my tax declaration and then settle down to work. And make lunch for the crew.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning
                            Our dog struggles in our heat , they do look a lovely big dog though. What is your other one?
                            Are the wolves just moving around so coming into your area or being introduced?

Warm and stuffy day yesterday, another today before temps drop and the showers and wind returns. Will be checking things are tied in today as we are a bit exposed to wind anyway.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Morning.

Success all 3 baby robins have left the nest, really pleased after the earlier failure.

Gardening, domestics and a Grory hop today.

Comment

• Good Morning All Very warm again here. Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X