Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Sunny here with clear skies. Sorry to hear your plans have gone awry Nicos. That would have made a lovely card Bren. Hope you get another photo opportunity. Good luck with the office work CG! I've got to work out how to plant some "30 day" strawberry plants that are about a foot high! Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Dull, grey and cool, just 14 degs.
      Our guy cant start until tomorrow so another day to prepare.

Nicos, dont you hate when your plans are disrupted.

GF, you're right, the hot press is of course an airing cupboard. Its always been called a hot press in our house.

Snoop. Best of luck with the work.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

And yes, Nicos, you were right. A decent amount of rain in the night plus drizzle this morning means no building work today. Sorry to hear your patio work has been delayed. Fortunately, I've never had to deal with a chicken with a prolapse. Hope it stays in place when egg-laying time comes around again.

Do you think the robins might be considering another clutch, Bren?

I looked up '30 day' strawberry plants, Flo, and am none the wiser. Will you get strawberries 30 days after planting them out? Sorry if that's a daft question: we have cabbages called 'seven weeks' here, the idea being that you will have a harvestable cabbage, seven weeks after transplanting them.

As for here, not raining at this very minute, but due to start up again in a bit, apparently. Mr Snoop is off out to do a bit of shopping. Plus he's taking himself out for lunch. Me and the dog are holding the fort. I've got some paid work and billing to do. Followed by a bit more kitchen packing away, the worst of which is done. Thank goodness.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• That's the theory Snoop. They're healthy plants, just very tall! I got them on a whim, so not even sure where I'll plant them!

Comment

• Afternoon!
            So…the guy meant to help OH and the patio guy turned up ready for 2 days work and had turned away other paying work…so we’ve found him a whole pile of smaller jobs on our tick list. At this very moment he’s painting my gate. It will be a relief to get some of them out of the way in reality and tomorrow I can accompany my OH for his hospital appointment then ‘ accidentally’ call in at IKEA for some orchids and teatowels. So all is good. It just means a 3 man patio job will turn into a 2 man job so it’ll take longer.

The chook isn’t looking too good tbh. Turns out to be a double prolapse and the other chicks have pecked at it.( yuk) I happened to have some out of date cream I bought the last time we had a similar problem with a different hen, so I’m really hoping with a few treatments it will be ok. Last time it worked but this looks worse. Still…no harm in trying!

Suddenly feeling chilly here- hot sun, chilly wind. Can’t work out what to wear!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning (just).

The first day of July and I've just spotted one of my neighbours walking her dog and she looks as if she's dressed for scaling Everest. I haven't even ventured out yet.

Mr GF woke me up in the early hours when he appeared to be trying to punch the wardrobe, next to his side of the bed, into submission. I had to shake him awake to stop his dream! Thank goodness he was facing that way.

I hope your poorly hen is okay, Nicos.

Comment

• Good afternoon rain with a blustery wind this morning, now overcast and windy but dry for now, decided to tidy up the greenhouse as the weather is not that great, big mistake, so much to throw out and no doubt there will he something thrown out that i will be looking for in a couple of weeks and talking of looking for, i thought i had posted something regarding planting out courgettes, having looked for it i cant find it, so will post again later today, if it finishes up a double thread could one of you nice policwimen please remove one and if you do i give you my thanks, roght back oot ta the greenhouse, have a pleasant afternoon and evening and remw to pass on the smiles
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning
                  Grey grey grey with some showers to arrive sometime in the day. Not feeling very energetic today at all, very tired but will try and get outside to do some jobs. Tomorrow looks very wet so need to make the most.
                  Kettle has boiled and there is some chocolate fridge cake.
                  Last edited by Containergardener; Yesterday, 06:26 AM.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Raining here but its supposed to clearing soon, plenty to do outdoors today so we're hoping for a fine day here.

enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.

CG, you are such a bad influence! Chocolate fridge cake at breakfast time. I'll have a piece please. I'll let it warm up a bit and go sticky, ready for elevenses. We called it "sticky chocolate cake" when I was a small child, but we didn't have a fridge.

One of my sisters texted me this morning to say the lemon peel jam I posted to her has arrived in perfect condition, and she was impressed by my packaging skills. I hope she likes the taste.

I'm half expecting a parcel today but I haven't had a text from Evri yet. My other jobs can fit around the parcel delivery.

Comment

• Good morning all,
                        Another dull and grey day here.pWe have been up since silly 0'clock as this guy likes an early start.
                        Off out to my line dancing later.
                        Visiting my sister this afternoon as she is not in the best of health.
                        Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Cloudy outside, so nice and cool. No rain forecast. Builders enjoying the better temperature conditions.

Me, I'm indoors working very hard at doing work avoidance! Not very productive, so I'd better get a move on.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Cloudy here and quite cool. Have a good day

Comment

• Just had to add...its July 2nd and it's just 8 degs, 😣

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I had got outside, harvested couple of things and then it started raining
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X