This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all,
    it's a nice bright morning and we are off to the church.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

I'm a PJ and leggings type slob. It would be jeans, but they're all too tight at the moment and I refuse to buy any larger ones. My mother always got dressed up and put makeup on to go out and I seemed to be treated as an accessory as a child😡, in the most uncomfortable, itchy outfits, usually homemade. She even attempted hats, bonnets and gloves on me.🤣🤣🤣

It is raining here for a change and only 14°C, although the forecast is, at the moment, predicting 23°C and partly sunny for next Wednesday.

Comment

• Did we share the same mother gf?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Did we share the same mother gf?
          Did your mother have the ubiquitous "bonnet" hair as my sister called it? All the women went to the hairdresser once a week, had a shampoo and set, and then the hair was backcombed and solidified into a solid, immovable bonnet shape....lots and lots of hairspray.

I remember my mother once got my youngest sister to put streaks in her hair and I'm not sure if it was done deliberately, but she ended up with a blonde stripe down the back (think skunk) and none of us dared tell her.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
          Last edited by greenishfing; 14-07-2024, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• ^^^ ha!…yep!…my mom had the exact same hairdo as the Queen….sprayed solid

Comment

• I seem to do most of my early morning gardening in my PJ’s when I nip outside just for a look next thing I know I’m planting or messing with compost.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon, I am beginning to think after all the above Iam the only one that stays neat and tidy (well I think I am OH may have a different opinion) anyway nice and sunny with a temperature f 20c, was at church this morning but before going out i had a problem getting dressed yes i do acutely go out nice and tide and looking dressed i was putting on a shirt, clean, and had to get OH to button it up as the buttonholes were horizontal and not vertical , i hope you understand what i mean, i couldn't get my fingers to work properly so had to get OH to do them up, this numbness in my hands and fingers is realy annoying, so think i will menw it to the Doc when she phones me, just in for a cuppa then will be back out to get some weeding done,so enjoy your day and pass on the smiles
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
                  It was a lively sunny day here.
                  Our church celebrations went really well with lots of the priests who served in the parish coming back for the mass.
                  Lots of old photos on display bringing back happy memories.

My mother had the most beautiful black hair..
                  It was shoulder length and turned under at the ends.
                  She put in metal curlers going to bed at night.
                  Always wore face powder and lipstick.

Casual clothes for me when I am at home and smart casual when I am going out.

Have a good evening all..

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Cool start to the day but going to get absolutely sweltering later this week. I'm down in my basement office now and it's 17 ºC in here at the moment. Positively chilly. Might even move a bed down here!

Watched the big match last night. Win-win for us whoever won. Anyway, first match I've watched with Mr Snoop for thirty years. He rather surprised himself by enjoying it. Possibly helped by the bottle of wine! Would have been even better with some of your takeaway fish and chips, Flo. We ended up with baked beans on toast, so still a very British meal.

Time to shake a leg. Got more than plenty to do today.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Snoop your basements sounds the perfect place to be when the temperatures high, our weather not improved much its a high of 18c with a mix of sun and rain.
                      Off to count my French beans see how many have disappeared overnight.

Enjoy your day
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.

The sun is actually shining here (14°C). Possible rain showers this afternoon. It is St Swithin's day so I hope not!

Mr GF watched the match last night, but fell asleep for the Emgland goal. I woke him up with a cuppa, but he'd dropped off again before the end. He then woke up and asked me why I'd turned the match off.......because it's over!! He's not really a football fan any more, (I never was).

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

St Swithin’s Day? …Hmmmm, well, it looks like we’re in for drizzle for next 40 days and days
                          At least it’s not cold and windy so it could be worse

Ironing and weeding are my aims for today. If it continues to rain I’ll pop out and do a quick grory hop.
                          Back still playing up so I need to go carefully whatever I do!

Have a great day peeps

Comment

• bramble i go out smart casual as well, unfortunately OH doesn't always agree with me, a good indication of this is when she says ,your not going out dressed like that ,are you? which actually means, you get changed, dont you dare go out like that
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny and a warm 20 degrees! Hope it lasts - I have bedding in the wash. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all, slightly on the dull side but its dry,
                                No plans for the day so I will take it as it comes.

Rary me and Mrs Rary must have had the same teacher. 😏

Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...