X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Slightly dull but its 18 dogs and dry,

Flo, I have pics of my dahlias going back several years and they are always in flower by now.
    It's just the crazy weather, let's hope far a mild autumn and they will stay in flower longer.

Snoop, it's not a sweet chestnut, the leaves turn early every year, but this is a first for being so early,

No plans for the day so it will be a pottering and weeding day.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Is it just my forecast thats never right?
      Raining already.
      Northern England.

Comment

• This is the weather forecast for the nearest weather station for the next few days. It's usually 3 or 4 ºC hotter here. The warm nights will not help. Looking forward to Monday already.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-16 142115.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	2581989

Comment

• Oh wow Snoop Take care x

Domestics sorted, just need to do more weeding , deadheading and collecting cherries, blackcurrants and redcurrants - but that can wait until tomorrow.
          I did the grory hop…but forgot my phone/ money
          Fortunately I had hidden, in the car, some ‘mad money’ as my mom called it- just incase of an emergency . And today was that very day! Phew. Just need to find some more cash to hide for the next time.
          I bought some vodka to make blackcurrant vodka as an impulse. I made it years ago and it was lovely. Bit like a boozy Ribena!
          Goodness knows how many kg of blackcurrants we’ve got this year but 4 mature bushes, heavily laiden are going to take some getting through…
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Well we still haven't had the torrential rain. This mornings rain stopped and then it has just been warm, grey and spits and spots.

Ooh warm then Snoop.

Ha Nicos that is the kind of thing I do. We also have emergency money.
            Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
              Glad it’s not just me then CG

I really need to shake a leg today. We have black cherries to pick and freeze- then raking up the lawn underneath to remove hidden ones- mostly now because they stain, but in previous years they used to be covered in wasps. Not seen one yet. Not a good sign is it?

I need to nip and get a few more plants for the tubs- it’s a catch 22 situation isn’t it?…drought resistant so they don’t need watering 1-2 times a day, or rot resistant to cope with the rain …

Still got loads of blackcurrants , redcurrants and jostaberries to harvest. Such a bumper year!

My sort of day and no domestics in sight ( she says ignoring the ironing pile!)

Enjoy your day peeps

Comment

• Morning all.

Feels like it's going to be a long day today. Looking forward to bedtime already, though if I'm very lucky and very good this morning, I might actually get a bit of an afternoon nap in.

Plenty of work to be getting on with in the meantime and I should really be making a start on it.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all (as I skip in)
                  Guess what, blue sky woooooowooooooooooooo I had forgotten what it looked like.
                  Already stalked around the perimeter and fed a couple of things. There's a nip out there but a pleasant one.
                  It felt like the garden was sighing with relief of some sun, or perhaps it was the birds and insects.
                  On with the day . Skippety-skip.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• ^^^^^ “Skippety - skip” ?……love that

Comment

• Good morning dull but there was a light shower at some time through the night as when out with the dog the road and grass were wet, but at the moment its pleasant for walking, I have a red oak in the garden, the reason for the name is due to the leaves turning red in the autumn, it the spring and summer the leaves are a nice fresh green, but due to the cold weather we were having some of the leaves had started to turn, fortunately its fine now, all the leaves which were showing signs of autumnal colour have gone, though the fact that I have cut the tree back quite a bit will no doubt have something to do with that
                      enjoy the day and please pass on some smiles as I for one badly need cheering up
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here too. Glad you're feeling chirpier CG. I always had an emergency fund in my purse from being a teenager on the instructions of my mum. It turned into the "Escape Fund" when I married and I still have one. I've not needed it myself, but it's helped out my children and grandchildren over the years Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

Sunshine and cloud here, with a forecast of 23°C. 27°C forecast for Friday. Is this actually Summer at last?

A grory hop today as the fridge is seriously depleted. I also need more strawberries for jam in the near future. There seems to be lots of plums around at the moment and I quite fancy this W.I. recipe I've found for "Plum and mulled wine jam".

https://www.thewi.org.uk/lifelong-le...ulled-wine-jam

CG, I'd join you in your skippety-skipping but I'd probably trip up over my feet.

Comment

• ^ nice recipe gf…just printed it off- thanks!

Comment

• Good morning all and it's a lovely sunny one.
                              Grory hop and a visit to the post office.
                              The laundry is put drying nicely.
                              The greenhouse plants are watered so now time to do some weeding.

CG, its amazing the effect the sunshine has on our mood, skiptity skip sounds so light hearted.

Nicos I envy you your Cherries, I am sure they must make lovely jam.p
                              Have a good dsy all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I used to love cherry jam when I had a generous Morello cherry tree, but it was the one jam I always used jam sugar with pectin for. Otherwise I ended up with runny cherry sauce.

I just rang up the (NHS) podiatrist to book Mr GF an appointment as his corns have evidently grown back. I expected an appointment for 2 or 3 weeks time. They must have just had a cancellation as I've got him an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. He usually hobbles in and more or less dances out. He can join the skippety-skip club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X