This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

I've done the grory hop and called into the GC to get some compost to spread as mulch after all that lovely rain we've had. Had a mooch round all the plants but managed to resist buying any. There's really no room to squeeze in any more. I was tempted by a deep cerise dahlia........but resisted!

I had an order from lancome delivered yesterday, two different pots of moisturiser for my mum as she likes this especially. When I opened the rather battered looking packaging I found one pot was missing. When I looked more carefully, it appeared that the folded box they came in had been prised open at one end, then closed back up again, leaving it a bit bent looking. Filled with fury, I phoned the lancome complaints line and spoke to a very sweet (and very obviously French) man, who apologised profusely, both for my disappointment and the fact that they had no more stock to replace said item. All he could do was refund my money. And apologise about four more times.

So I spent a lot of time yesterday scouring the web, trying to find someone who had the moisturiser in stock, and finally John Lewis came up trumps. Either this item sells out very fast, or else it's being discontinued.

I shall spend the rest of the day in the garden, lots of early flowering stuff needs trimming back and the grass needs a cut too, though the white clover and blue bugle that are flowering in it look pretty...
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
      Slightly dull but its 18 dogs and dry...
      I've just seen this typo of Bramble's and it made me giggle. It reminds me of this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	dogs-on-the-bed.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	2582047
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
        enjoy the day and please pass on some smiles as I for one badly need cheering up
        Anything in particular, Rary? General malaise? Or just teasing?

I'll make sure the smiles set off early tomorrow so they definitely get as far as you. They won't be much good at weeding, but they might tickle a slug or two, frighten them off that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post

Nicos I envy you your Cherries, I am sure they must make lovely jam.p
          Mostly too sweet unfortunately….even with a couple of gallons of lemon juice added.
          I’ve mixed them with the juice from the tiny black wild cherries which are waaay too sour and it does work.

Personally I prefer just to pop them in my mouth like sweeties!
          But yes….absolutely delicious - so glad there was a mature tree here already when we bought the place.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nice one MH

Comment

• Skippety skip club member here !…I nipped into the farm supplies shop in the Hope of buying some bedding plants to try and zap up the rather bedraggled pots at the front of the house.
              Their pots were quality bedraggled so I didn’t feel so bad, but they’d reduced said plants by 50% …so guess who came home with a boot load of bedraggled perennial plants
              They will survive but won’t look good until next year- but still, they were a bargain.
              Pots outside the front still look very sad though…still, it’s market day tomorrow so there may be some petunias or something there…but that’s one day too late in reality.

Sending spare happy smiles over to Rary…..not like you to be glum matey! X

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post

I've just seen this typo of Bramble's and it made me giggle. It reminds me of this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	dogs-on-the-bed.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	2582047
                Nice one Mothhawk...Glad it gave you a laugh....😃😃

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening all.
                  While I was picking up my grandson this afternoon I passed a shop that was selling off some plants.
                  Four fuschia for €10 euro Variety, Winstom Churchill and La Campanella.
                  I have reported them into larger pots and they're looking good.

Rary, passing on some smiles to you.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning
                    We have a grey showery day ahead. Going to do the grory hop though so will not matter.
                    Hope you all have a good day.
                    Kettle is on.
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning CG and All Sunny and a Frank day today. Himself's birthday today too. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                        My goodness!… we have sunshine and heat!
                        Summer at last!

I’m off to market this morning- looking for a few plants and no doubt some impulse purchase!
                        Don’t need much else but there is a hypermarket nearby so might as well stock up.

Enjoy your day peeps.

Comment

• Morning all.

Mr Snoop out today on a grory hop and to take P dog to the vet's. I'm holding the fort. For once, I've cleared all my work. Can't be seen twiddling my thumbs by the builders, though. So I'd better come up with something. Nothing too energetic, mind, as the heat has already started.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good has been raining throw the night not much but the grass was wet when out with Poppy, when I have two wardrobes one a walk in wardrobe shared with OH this is used for every day clothes the other is for dress clothes, so last night i had set outmy clothes for the day, so quietly got out of bed so that i didnt disturb OH (I am so considerate😇) only to find i had forgot to put out a shirt, but fortunately there was one sitting on a chair so iook that one and put it on after getting washed, took Poppy a walk before i had my breakfast, once back in was preparing both my and OH breakfast when she came through, first thing "Did you put that shirt on that was sitting on the chair?" I am wearing it so why ask that question " That shirt hasnt been ironed and you outside with it! , you have wardrobes where you have clothes in this area------- and the other wardrobe -----------------this area, she was using her hands to demonstrate the difference in wardrobe space, you always wear things from this ------space, people will think that mans not got much to wear when you have a full wardrobe which you rarely touch, so thats me in the bad books for try to be good ,1st. I did t want to make a noise 2nd. I was saving her from having to iron my shirt So ladies please answer these questions, do wives look around first thing when getting out of bed to see what fault you can find to get onto your better half about. Do people really note what others are wearing on a daily basis. Does it really matter have a good day and smile
                            ​​​​​
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Happy birthday Mr FF. Do we need party hats
                              Have a fun day with Frank.

Oh Nicos good luck finding something nice at the market

Hope you find something to occupy your thumbs Snoop.
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning all.

A sunny morning, 20°C already.

My first job, when I go out is to try and sort out our prescriptions. I first put them in at the doctor's a fortnight ago, then got a text a week ago saying they'd had a computer glitch blah, blah. I put them in again but I still haven't had a text from the chemist to say they are ready. Time to investigate! (Odds on this will involve queueing).

Mr GF inadvertently woke me up at 2.30am. He, for reasons best known to himself, thought it was morning, and was getting dressed. I was, of course, wide awake then whereas he fell back to sleep immediately

I'm taking Mr GF to the next little town for his podiatry appointment this afternoon so that he can join the skippety-skip club. I also need to call and see his brother.

Are you having cake for the birthday boy, Flo?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X