X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He doesn't eat cake unless it has custard on it
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Rary, I rarely note what people wear, unless it is either something absolutely fabulous or really outrageous. I honestly don't think most people do. (One of my sister in laws was the exception to this ..... but she was also a curtain twitcher).

My youngest sister and I had a conversation about this recently when she was moaning that she ought to go buy a new "wedding outfit" as she'd worn the last one she bought to two consequetive weddings. When I asked her if she could remember what anyone else had been wearing at those two weddings she said "No". Also she then realised that it wouldn't be the same guests either. No new outfit!

Personally if Mr GF grabs something to wear off the ironing pile I am really happy as I've slowly developed an aversion to ironing over the years and actively avoid it.

Comment

• Good morning all.
        We had rain overnight but its drying out now.
        Off to the hairdressers so that will take care of the morning.

Happy birthday to Mr Flo..hope he enjoys his day.

Rary, you cant do wrong for being right. Pay no heed.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
          He doesn't eat cake unless it has custard on it
          perhaps we could eat cake with you and he can have custard
          Northern England.

Comment

• Eureka! The pharmacy has just sent me a text to say my prescription is ready. ( No mention of Mr GF's however).

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
              He doesn't eat cake unless it has custard on it
              I’m very much up for joining him with that!…yummy yum!
              Hope he/you both have a lovely day x

Market- No suitable plants but we did get a few plug lettuce as this glut will be over in 2-3 weeks and we’ve nothing instantly following on.
              I bought some melons and globe artichoke too and two tresses of prurple garlic. OH treated himself to a massive slice of artisan Emmental . So tempting just to keep buying!

Your hair looks lovely Bramble- it’ll feel nicer with the warmer weather too.

Rary. I don’t iron anything anymore- unless we are going somewhere super special. Most of our clothing is cotton or linen so it needs careful folding/ hanging as soon aa its just about dry - otherwise the creases stand out big style!

Think I’m in need of a siesta - it’s very hot and muggy at the moment so I don’t want to be gardening until later anyway.
              Well…it’s a siesta or ironing guest bedding - no contest

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Crikey it's scorchio today. Frank loved the sun, (hot dog) but even he is hiding indoors!
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening
                  We didn't didn't you heat FF , muggy but got quite breezy .
                  Did a bit of gardening after food shop, started pruning then hought ah maybe not this late. Will Continue tomorrow.
                  Bit sleepy now.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    What a miserable day, grey and rainy, quite depressing actually.
                    Yesterday was beautiful, so changeable.

Nicos, yes, the hairdo was needed, it had gone a bit wild.

I do iron, but not as much as I used to, careful folding as Nicos says.

GF, glad you got your prescription sorted.

Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening, we've had sunshine these past few day so we've been out and about making the most of it. Plenty of overnight rain though.

When I see a t-shirt, fleece or trousers that I like I buy 2 or 3 of them people must think I don't change my clothes very often.

Sending MrFF belated birthday wishes.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

About to take the dog out, but it's already a bit warm... Really warm night last night, so we're all a bit cantankerous today.

Dog trip to the vet went well from our perspective (she came home afterwards, which we weren't sure would happen, plus the bank account could actually cope with the bill, which we weren't sure would happen... vets are so expensive). Not from her perspective, though. Mr Snoop reported that she rather struggled when they shaved her neck and stuck a big needle in it. Well, so would I. No biting or snapping, but three people to hold her down. Rather strong for her age, commented the vet, apparently.

On the cards for me today, a bit of billing, builders' brunch to make and definitely an afternoon nap.

As for clothes, I definitely don't notice. But I know people notice mine when I turn my t-shirt inside out...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning Snoop
                          Agree re the vets bills these days. Pleased doggy coped.
                          Warm here but again we have a blanket of grey, not sure I've ever seen so much grey. Anyway the sun forecast has been replaced by warm/chance of showers Well at least it's not cold
                          I want to do a bit of pruning so probably not a bad day for that.
                          Laundry being done too. Optimism.
                          Now to decide on tonight's eating.

As for clothing I will notice something nice/odd on people but myself I'm usually in the same sort of things which have become
                          dog walking/houseworking/working/gardening attire
                          Will go to the gc/shop/anywhere dressed the same apart from appts and grory hopping/meeting up with friends/family
                          Last edited by Containergardener; 19-07-2024, 06:23 AM.
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

So pleased to hear about your dog Snoop - both health-wise and cost-wise.
                            Vets here are really cheap compared to the UK . And ridiculously cheap compared to American vets apparently ( makes you wonder how much is insurance driven!)

On the books here for today…not sure really- more picking of fruit before it gets too hot but after that…..( I’m wondering about going for an outdoor swim- depending on my back )

No doubt OH will think of something….but for sure, it won’t be ironing !

Enjoy your day peeps- for those of you with high temperatures forecast- don’t overdo things out there!
                            ( Love the ‘hot dog’ Flo…that made me chuckle!)

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

I've been out in the garden earlier its now getting warm out there, highs of 27c for this afternoon.

Good news about your dog and the bill Snoop xx

Bread and batch cooking at some point today.

Enjoy your day
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.

Despite the warm night I slept like a log. It's 18°C now, but the high is forecast to be 28°C later. I'm glad that the car has got air-conditioning. I remember travelling in the car as a child and the skin on my legs sticking to the seat in hot weather. There frequently seemed to be cars pulled over to the side of the road with steam coming from under the bonnet too.

Snoop. I"m happy to hear that your dog came home.....and the vet bill wasn't too extortionate.

I'm so happy that we got our prescriptions sorted out.....just in time. Next month I'll put them in even earlier to allow even more time for glitches in the system.

Nicos, I'm jealous of your proposed outdoor swim. I have a phobia about indoor pools, for some reason my brain sees them as big, chemical filled petri dishes. However outdoor swimming in preferably moving water, particularly the sea, I love. Even better with a snorkel and flippers.🤿

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X