Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, hope you are all well. Just had a lovely week in South Ayrshire. Weather was great and lovely to spend some time at the beach and the nearby town (a somewhat dying town though).
    Home now and although it’s not cold it’s a bit damp.
    Glad to hear all is well with your dog Snoop and of course the vets bill.
    Today will consist of laundry and grory hop as cupboards are bare.
    Have a lovely day everyone. x
    sigpic

Comment

• Welcome back Jay
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Glad to hear about your dog Snoop. Scorching here again too Bren. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
          A breezy day here with temp of 21 degs but not much sunshine.
          Out to pick up a few bits we need for the house.
          I might visit the local flower shop to see if there are any reduced plants.
          Gardening and weeding also on the cards.

Snoop, so pleased your dog is back to good health and your pocket is not too empty.

Jay, its lovely to see you back, I missed your posts.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Nice to see you Jay and that you had a lovely break.

It's nice and warm out there but with a breeze, pleasant 19deg.
            ​oooh 27/28 phewww 🥵

Bought some tropical gin yesterday so I'm going to make some posh icecubes (we have a dispenser on the fridge but doesn't do 'posh'
            Bbq later now
            Northern England.

Comment

• Good afternoon, weather not that great as no doubt you can see if watching the golf, Troon is only about 12 miles away but always better weather than here, and most definitely not as warm as you have it bramble its 16c was out for one or two messages and now intend to get out to the garden. Snoop glad the dog is doing well, and you are fortunate as vet bills are usually so high, I can remember when people used to do most of the animal welfare themselves and vets were mainly for farm animals it was a rare occasion for a vet to attend to a pet, how times have changed, as for turning T shirts outside in I have tried that but OH dosent seem to like it, here's me trying to save her some work, but all i get is GET THAT OFF, DON'T YOU DARE GO OUT LIKE THAT, with that i recon its one of two things, 1/she likes washing and hanging out clothes or 2/She wants to see my body sadly I think its the first . Hope you all have a pleasant day whatever your weather and that you find something to smile about
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• It’s hit 30C in the shade here , so not as hot as we were expecting, but I suppose it’s got another hour or so to reach its max.
                So lovely to see the sunshine again , so I’m not complaining.
                Theres no breeze at all so after a bit of weeding in the shade , I’ve decided to come in and cool off.
                After the deluge of rain last week at least the weeks are pulling out easily with most of their root systems intact!

Didn't go swimming in the end- just gentle pottering in the shaded part of the garden .

Sorry to hear its rubbish weather over with you bramble and Rary - hopefully it’ll pick up soon.

Anyone fancy a choc-ice?
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^^^ they’re actually mini magnums ( Lidl’s best) …can you actually buy choc ices anymore? Not seen those icecream blocks we used to put between wafers either for many years- are they still available?

Comment

• ^^^^ we like the full size almond ones

Evening
                    The cloudy day was actually a very warm, sunny 24degrees
                    Did the pruning anyway. Bit warm for that but the bins are full.
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      So lovely to see the sunshine again , Anyone fancy a choc-ice?
                      Nicos I like reading your posts but some of the things you put in I have difficulty understanding what you mean, whats this sunshine thing you are talking about
                      As for the choc-ice, I have sampled most supermarket choc -ices as well as magnums and think lidls choc-ices are the best in the market, so yes i would love one or if small two g
                      ​​​​​​

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I've not seen choc ices in lidl
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                          I've not seen choc ices in lidl
                          Nope- not here either. Their own make mini magnums are like small choc ices but with a stick. Still in the habit of saying chocice

I say small ones- cos I’m supposed to be dieting!

Comment

• Ah gotcha . I buy full size ones even though I should be dieting 🤣
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Good night all.
                              It turned out to be a lovely day weatherwise.
                              Bought some plants that were reduced, trailing geraniums, dianthus, and an echinacea.

Rary, you're spot on, Lidl mini magnums are the best...We buy them for the grandkids, but we have to taste them just to be sure. 😏😏
                              Rary, hope you have better weather tomorrow.
                              The forecast here is for doom and gloom tomorrow, we will wait and see.
                              Have a good night all,

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

Wide awake since silly o'clock (4.30am). I did think about doing my ironing but it's too darn hot. I'm considering getting up and having a cool shower, but even though I can't sleep I'm tired and yawning.

We had an old friend call around yesterday and spend the afternoon with us. It was nice to catch up.

I'm going to have one last try to catch a few zzzzzs now.....if not I'll put some coffee on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X