X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning
    *tiptoes in case gf got back to sleep*
    *switches coffee pot for a teapot*

Wasn't too warm in the night with the windows open as it was quite breezy. The standard shade of grey this morning with rain forecast from about 12. Will see if I can achieve anything outside before then.
    I won't be an icecream day today.

Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

I like Aldi's version of Magums especially the mini ones they're just the right size. I did try their choc-ices but wasn't to keen on them.

Not sure what todays weather will be they all says something different

enjoy your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I was awake around then too gf…..we had the bedroom window wide open all night and the almost full moon was shining on my face!
        It looked huuuge and orange and wad low on the horizon.
        I did try and take a photo but it was peeping through the cherry tree leaves and light cloud.
        Off to town this morning to get pointing mix for our patio - we spotted a loose slab again this morning so best hold off with the pointing/ grouting or whatever it’s called for now….

Apart from that - probably pottering in the shade in the garden. It’s supposed to be a tad cooler today.

Enjoy your day peeps
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4710.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	2582245

Comment

• Morning all.

All this talk of ice cream is not helping... 34 ºC out there already (10 am) and now all I want is an 'almendrado' (almond Magnum or at least our local shop's own brand, not bad so long as you catch the chocolate as it calves like the edge of a glacier).

Not much on the cards today. Mr Snoop has gone into town on some more errands. The dog and I are pretending to hold the fort. She's fast asleep under the table and I'm just past half asleep. I think the only things that will happen today are cooking and washing-up, naps and eyelid inspections, with perhaps the occasional bit of shut-eye and a few forty winks.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sticky night here so a cool shower was lovely. Don't know how you cope with that temperature Snoop. I'm going to a garden centre this morning to help my son in law to buy plants for his drive. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning again.

I did drop back to sleep eventually and woke up at about 9am when Mr GF was trying to get out of bed. I had him trapped!

An old friend of Mr GF's who lives at the coast has just rung to ask him if he'd like to go sailing with him this Summer. They haven't seen each other for a few years though and it was awful to have to explain that he wouldn't be able to climb aboard, let alone keep his balance on a moving deck. As I tell all my young relatives, do all the things you want while you're young and fit. We certainly did!

We're off out shortly to see the elderly man who visited us yesterday. I've printed some photos off for him. Off course the printer ran out of ink though. I've ordered some more.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  A horrible wet morning here and the forecast is for plenty of rain.
                  It looks like it will be an indoor domestics day here.
                  Such a disappointment after a beautiful day yesterday.
                  Enjoy your day, especially those that have the sunshine,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I can't remember if I told you before, but apologies if I had - my white Agapanthus in a chimney pot has self seeded into the neighbouring potted hydrangea and has a blue flower. Isn't nature amazing?

Comment

• ^^^^ lovely Flo!
                      I bought my first ever Agapanthus this year ( well…three to be exact) …been admiring them now for a few years!
                      Any tips on looking after them please?…you’re clearly doing right by them!

Comment

• It's been in the same pot inside the chimney pot for about 5 years Nicos, so it must like being pot bound and I rarely water it unless it's bone dry! It is in a sheltered corner of my garden and obviously happy. Good luck with yours, what colour have you gone for?

Comment

• Thanks Flo
                          I bought 2 deep blue and one blue and white to plant together. The mixed coloured one is a slightly taller variety apparently?
                          I’m more of a red/ orange/ yellow sort of lass as far as flowers go….but I have created a small area now with blues and purples.
                          Russian sage and Mexican Salvia are the other two tall plants going in that border.
                          I’ve just been reading up and suddenly realised that not all varieties are winter hardy…I best go and check exactly what I’ve bought……. * tootles off……

Comment

• Well…it’s three varieties!
                            Fireworks, Northern Star and Poppin Purple ( the first being the multi coloured, then blue, then purple ) that was a nice surprise!

All different heights too.
                            Last edited by Nicos; 20-07-2024, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Just sat out having a cuppa. It's just starting to rain
                              Northern England.

Comment

• ^^^ typical eh?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X