X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^^surprised I got this long tbh
    Northern England.

Comment

• Good afternoon, raining here now and looking out the window the main colour is red coming from crocosmia Lucifer, nice vibrant red but gets so overwhelming, I removed two brown bin fulls last week to make space for some begonias, colius and alstromeria, just to get some more subdued colour in the garden, i have also dotted some rainbow chard around the flower bed again to introduce alternative colour ​I just tried up loading a photo but not showing as jpeg so will need to see what if i can get it to jpeg, enjoy you evening remember pass on the smiles and while those tucking into a barbi I will have a fish supper🙂🙂🙂
      Last edited by rary; 20-07-2024, 03:19 PM.
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Well that didn't come to much , sun is back out
        Northern England.

Comment

• A faint rumble of thunder here.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• We've been to a local summer fair today had a good look around but didn't see anything I wanted to buy, oddly they didn't have a cake stall only sit down tea and cake.
            Its just started raining here so a good day after all.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Raining here now, so a little cooler.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good evening sll
                It was raining when I got up this morning and its still drizzling now.
                A really miserable, wet, grey day.
                Just looked into the greenhouse to check all was well, other than that it was a day dpen indoors.
                The only upside, I have a very tidy, clean house.
                Glad you all had a good day, have a good night.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all.

10.30 pm and nearly 30 ºC still. High of 42.8 ºC. On the positive side, Mr Snoop bought a box of said almendrados in the village. Four in the box, three of us to eat them. One left in the freezer. Ought to be Mr Snoop's by rights.

Would dearly love some rain here. So stop hogging it, guys, and send it packing my way.

Sorry to hear about Mr GF and his friend and the invitation, GF. Not at all easy for them or for you.

Comment

• Have a further three clumps of crocosmia and that's after removing a many again to create space
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20240720_172801.jpg Views:	2 Size:	802.1 KB ID:	2582286
                    Last edited by rary; 20-07-2024, 08:48 PM.
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Gosh Rary….I struggle to grow them, and those which do grow often don’t flower

Tell ya what…I’ll swap some of my sunshine for some of your crocosmia?

Today has been more cloudy and a bit cooler but we’re due a thunderstorm at some point tonight! Exciting!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                        Off to a Vide Grenier this morning. On the lookout for mainly bedding plants but I think it’s pushing my luck for things like petunias…
                        No doubt I’ll find something I never realised I can’t do without!

Our forecast rain storm didn’t happen but the temperatures have at least dropped into the mid 20s for the next few days.
                        Perfect for gardening for me at least!

Sorry to hear about your OH Gf…he must feel really fed up about that . But wise advise indeed. Always good to be reminded .

Hopefully this afternoon we’ll collect in the rest of the blackcurrants and redcurrants. I did notice there are a few French beans ready for picking too

Have a great day peeps….I’m hoping my rain headed off in your direction Snoop?

Comment

• Morning
                          Lovely crocosmia Rary. Great colour.
                          Oh gf I hope Mr isn't too down about not being able to manage the boat trip.
                          Yum snoop i love almond anything.
                          Nicos good luck finding something you need.
                          It's grey and alot cooler this morning, sorry snoop we had the rain bouncing last night and due again tonight. I will happily send it over. Swaps for the almondendos?
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Also realise I was midged and bitten by a horsefly yesterday
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning all.

A much better night's sleep. We had no rain forecast for yesterday but that didn't stop it...we had an hour's worth in the evening, which cooled things down a lot. It looks quite a pleasant morning now.

We've been invited to an extended family "gathering" at a local country pub with a big beer garden this afternoon. If the weather stays dry it should be a pleasant way of passing a few hours.

Time for coffee now.

Comment

• Horsefly CG?…ouchy ouch

We’ve not had many around this year as our local farmer has had to have all 600 cows destroyed due to TB ( only 2 tested positive but they overwinter together in massive sheds) feel really,really sorry for him, but I guess that’s what can result from overcrowding.

However - back to bites….we still get deer flies and they too give a nasty bite.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X