Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CG, you have my sympathy with the horsefly bite. Horrible things and, if I remember rightly, very itchy. I seem to remember trying to subdue mine with freezer packs.

That must be awful for your local farmer, Nicos. Will he be able to restock... or have to give up? You'd think there would be an effective vaccine for cattle by now, to put an end to such massive culls. It does seem barbaric.

Comment

• Morning

Snoop that was a hot day and here's me thinking 24c was rather hot its a warm 19c and breezy here today so a good day to be out.

Good luck at the Vide Grenier Nicos and enjoy your family gathering GF.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here today again. My son is not coming today so the pan's on. Bacon and egg anyone? Have a lovely Sunday
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Chicken for lunch today, so I need to get a move on if it's to be done in time.

Mr Snoop deserves an award for gallantry. Guess who had the last almendrado? For breakfast, no less Very nice it was too.

Weather today is quite a bit cooler. Bit windy too, it has to be said. Temperatures during the day will rise again during the week, back to scorchio, but night-times will be much cooler than the last few days. Phew.

Right, better shake a leg. Lovely flowers, by the way, Rary.

Have a great day, everyone. Sounds like you all should. Have to say, I'm a bit surprised there are any more greniers left to empty in France, Nicos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
            Evening all.

10.30 pm and nearly 30 ºC still. High of 42.8 ºC. .

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Snoop Puss

I got one of these, in fantastic condition for 2€….

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1753...search_click=1

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Snoop Puss

Bargain!
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Horsefly CG?…ouchy ouch

We’ve not had many around this year as our local farmer has had to have all 600 cows destroyed due to TB ( only 2 tested positive but they overwinter together in massive sheds) feel really,really sorry for him, but I guess that’s what can result from overcrowding.

However - back to bites….we still get deer flies and they too give a nasty bite.
                  Could be either tbh. We have both. Also alot of horses round here and deer. It got slapped so I didn't take alot of notice.

That's so sad for the farmer.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    Its bright and its dry but it's just 14 degs.

Lovely flowers Rary and nice bit of colour.

Enjoy your trip to the car boot sale Nicos.

Snoop, wish I could pass on all the rain we have had.

Enjoy your get together this afternoon GF.

We have the annual rose festival taking place this weekend.
                    Yesterday was a washout but if the weather stays dry we will go in the afternoon.

Have a good dsy all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Snoop Puss

Brilliant. Will you be using it? If so, I need some tips. Mr Snoop bought me a modern one (stove top) for a Christmas gift (my spur of the moment request, as I couldn't think of anything else). I have only used it once. I think I must be missing a trick.

Comment

• Rose festival sounds lovely Bramble.
                        Enjoy your outing gf.
                        Thats quite a contraption Nicos.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Brilliant. Will you be using it? If so, I need some tips. Mr Snoop bought me a modern one (stove top) for a Christmas gift (my spur of the moment request, as I couldn't think of anything else). I have only used it once. I think I must be missing a trick.
                          I hope to be using it yes.
                          I think seasoning the cast iron is important- and the thickness of the batter….
                          I’m thinking of trying a savoury batter too at some point.
                          Looks like we’ll be getting our heads together on this!

Comment

• ^Challenge accepted. Not very diet-friendly, but very happy to give it a go.

Comment

• Good afternoon,dull but a bit clammy temperature away up at 16c, was at church this morning once back home had a quick bite then out for a walk with the dog, must have been a fair bit of rain through the night, I set up a water barrel yesterday and its more than a quarter full, which equates to about 30lt. now for clearing the autumn planted onions, they wont be good for storing but will try and get them used up as quick as possible, have an enjoyable day and 😊😊😊
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I hope to be using it yes.
                                I think seasoning the cast iron is important- and the thickness of the batter….:
                                A good bargain find Nicos

Its been a lot cooler here so we've been walking.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X