This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

So, last night's low was 14.2 ºC. Bliss. The house has cooled down and it's currently 17 ºC in my basement office. More bliss. It won't last, but I'm enjoying it for now. As is the dog, who's behaving as if she's half her age. Lovely to see.

On the cards for today: a minor amount of work and work-related stuff, brunch and, if I'm lucky, another afternoon nap. Could do with a bit more work to keep the bank manager happy, but you can't have it all.

Hope you enjoyed the rose festival, Bramble. Roses are Mr Snoop's favourite flower, especially yellow ones.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
      Much cooler again today. Much more pleasant to be around!
      Yesterday was lovely pottering in the garden - looking forward to more of the same.

I think your rain is heading this way soon Rary so I best make the most of being outside
      ( ironing avoidance too )

I think some of our plums are ready for eating so I need to check them out. Yum!

Enjoy your day peeps
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning
        It's raining here and due to rain all day. No watering to do then.
        Work, housework duties and whatever else I find to do.
        Feel a bit lethargic so will rest up too, must be the weather as I had an early night.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Rain till lunchtime according to some sites anyway I've watered my beans just in case MSN weather is correct.

I know is that's there's a breeze making our little wind sock dance.

Some gardening then I'm nipping over to the shops later.

Enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, dull and damp. Off for blood tests this morning then maybe a spot of lunch. Got my pneumococcal vaccine yesterday and arm a bit sore and have a bit of a headache, nothing a paracetamol won’t sort.
            Enjoy your day everyone. x
            sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

A cloudy day so far but no rain forecast. In fact no rain forecast for all this week. That takes a bit of believing.

Yet again I was awake at 4.30am and no idea why. Why so early? There was no noise. When I was younger I could sleep anywhere. I once got on a busy plane, and despite the constant noise and activity, fell asleep before take-off and slept like a log until we landed.

Jay, I hope your arm settles down quickly.

I'm with Mr Snoop on Rose preferences. Yellow is my favourite. Years ago I bought 5 bushes in a closing down sale. The shop had disappeared off the face of the earth before I discovered that none of them were yellow .

I must get through some housework today before the cobwebs completely take over.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here, but a few clouds. Himself thinks I'm due a haircut tomorrow, but I think it's next week. I haven't had a text reminder yet, so I'd better check. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Full moon gf?

Comment

• Good morning all. Dull, grey and breezy but its dry
                    Greenhouse plants all watered.
                    Need to go out for a few errands before weeding....again, how fast they grow.

Yes Snoop, the rose festival was most enjoyable and the rain held off.
                    All the usual associated with a festival, stalls, food trucks, childrens amusements and a dog show

My father worked with Rose's, he imported the bud wood from Holland, grafted it on to the Bush and then sold them.
                    All our family have had lots of Rose's in our garden because of this.

Jay, I hope your arm is not too sore.
                    Have a good dsy all,

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Full moon gf?
                      Never realised!

Comment

• Bramble!…how interesting…and wonderful …to have seen all that happening as a child !
                        Did you get to help him? I bet you picked up loads of tips along the way.

Just reflecting back to my childhood days, it seemed that roses were everywhere in parks, beautifully set out.
                        Always loads in my parents garden too- plenty to try and make ‘potions’ with…and even a crude variation of a rose water.

Sounds like a lovely day out. So glad the weather was kind to you.

Comment

• Jay…indeed- how is your arm?
                          I’m interested as need to book one fairly soon, but after my second shingles vaccine…but not when I’m having the flu and Covid vaccines.
                          The Shingrix shingles vaccine was not pleasant so it’s made me wary!

Comment

• Evening
                            it's been one of those fine drizzle days here, a small break in it but didn't bother doing anything other than inspection walk around.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                              The weather improved as the day went on so got time in the garden.
                              Some of my tomato plants in the greenhouse have grown really tall.
                              I cant tell the variety as other half mixed up the labels, I suspect they are a cherry variety I bought in Spain.

Nicos, its €250 to have the shingles vaccine here and as I am sure you know, you need 2.
                              Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Just noticed our neighbour has her yearly coolbox out selling tomatoes. Way ahead of me.
                                Last edited by Containergardener; 22-07-2024, 06:49 PM.
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X