Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, I missed your post Bramble. Your sister seems to have had far more than her fair share of bad times. I'm sure she appreciates you just being there.

Comment

• Agree with the others Bramble, i'm sure she appreciates you just being there. I'm one of those that doesn't like accepting help from others when I've needed it.

Shop done, everywhere was so busy, where are they all going?
      🤔

Bought some Lidl mini magnum having convinced OH we don't need the big ones.
      Then after a discussion about strawberry mivi's (remember those)? with my mother. Bought some Tesco versions to try.
      I'm ready for the heat clearly
      Last edited by Containergardener; 25-07-2024, 01:58 PM.
      Northern England.

Comment

• You're near enough to touch if your sister reaches out Bramble and that's all that matters.

I've so far resisted the temptation to buy some Magnums from T****o - they are almost half price for a couple of weeks. You are all weakening my resolve!
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Bramble its difficult to ask for help especially when so much has happened but you visiting must give her some pleasure xx
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post

I've so far resisted the temptation to buy some Magnums from T****o - they are almost half price for a couple of weeks. You are all weakening my resolve!
            Oh for goodness sake Flo…just buy them!
            You’ll only regret it when they get back to full price

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I think my strawberry jam has set okay. Mr GF has already decided he's having some for supper....the bit that wouldn't fit in the jars.

I've just been looking to see if anywhere local is doing pick your own raspberries this year. My niece, who would be the first to admit that she is definitely not a gardener, used to have a great raspberry plot ....grown from 5 canes I originally bought her as a housewarming gift. She completely neglected them and they were gloriously rampant. Her neighbour was very happy when they escaped into her garden too. Unfortunately my niece has now moved house. There is only one local farm. When I saw the price I thought "what a rip off". They want an entrance fee as well as an extortionate price for their fruit. I then started to wonder how much fruit the average picker eats though while picking ..... probably not an unfair price, all in all.

Weirdly I seem to have lost interest in Magnums, and ice lollies in general. I've no idea why. There's even been a whole tub of Cornish clotted ice cream in the freezer for ages. Unheard of.
              Last edited by greenishfing; 25-07-2024, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                I just wanted to say thank you to you all for you're kind words.
                I dont usually comment on family affairs, but just just felt a bit overwhelmed and helpless.
                However, my sister was a little more positive this afternoon.
                Thanks again...have a good night.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I haven’t been here for a while as I didn’t want to dispel gloom and doom. And anyway it should be about my garden. I’m a bit unsober so I might be back tomorrow.
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Lovely to see you Janie - things don’t sound so good for you at the moment?

We’ve had heavy rain bouncing off the windows for half the night, so hopefully that’s it for today.
                    The farmer turning his hay during the late evening in the backfield wasn’t too impressed as he just sat in his tractor for about half an hour before he could continue.
                    I was just thinking- it’s only just dawn- and the birds have just started their morning chorus- that’s an hour later than a month ago….and we noticed last night that the nights have stated to draw in. The upside of that is that we might have a nice chance of sitting out during a warm evening enjoying not just the firepit , but also our fairy lights in the tree!

Today involves ironing for sure and hanging around waiting for the hob to be delivered.
                    We’re having 10 cubic metres of firewood delivered tomorrow or Sunday ( local and sustainable source) so OH needs to strim our woodyard in preparation.

Anyone fancy a brew?
                    I was thinking of trying to get back to sleep but Hibou is bouncing around like a kitten

Enjoy your day peeps - let’s count our blessings

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

I am most definitely up for a brew, Nicos. Not finding it easy to get going today.

There's been a change in the population of the basement. Last night, a rather large hedgehog was cowering in a corner behind a half-barrel. A good spot, as all the stuff I packed away from the kitchen is piled high on tables and in a Kallax above it. Didn't look too well, and I am a bit worried it might have been hurt by a mouse trap. I left it there with some water and it's not there this morning, though there are a few poops as evidence of its presence. It might have managed to get out or has perhaps found another corner. I'll be distracted today, listening out for scrapes and scratches.

The builders say rain is forecast for today, but I can't find any confirmation of that anywhere online. Wall-to-wall heat and sunshine is all I can find. I need to do a bit of watering today, but not sure how long I'll be able to keep it up if we don't get some rain soon.

Have a great day, everyone. Special hello and a cyber-hug to you, JanieB. Hope you're doing OK.

Edited: Thanks for the reminder, Nicos. Blessings counted.
                      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 26-07-2024, 05:21 AM.

Comment

• Morning

Hope your Hedgehog is ok Snoop do you think he came in to get away from the daytime heat. They are cute when you see them running around the garden, they do move rather fast.

Fingers crossed for your delivery Nicos.

Waves to Janie
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Back shortly for that brew. Just off with the dog.
                          ((hugs JanieB )) hope to see you here later.
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny and warm here. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Anyone fancy a brew?
                              already got one thanks. today I shall mostly be keeping out the way. Whilst I'm enjoying this bit of sunshine we are finally having, I seem to be suffering with a touch of hay fever I've only suffered in the last few yearsso I find it a real PITA whereas My daughter has sofferd since she was little so just takes the michael

Mrs G took Gus the Grief out for a walk at 7:00amthis morning before it got too hot so I hoovered and made her a drick for when she got back... Back to reading a book and sneezing
                              ntg
                              Never be afraid to try something new.
                              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                              ==================================================

Comment

• Good morning all.

Sunshine and cloud here and very windy.

I hope your builders are right, Snoop, and you get some much needed rain. Shame you can't divert a bit of Nicos's.

JanieB, I hope you're okay.

My next job today is to fill the inks on my printer. It's the first time I've had to attempt it and seeing how we don't seem to see eye to eye and it doesn't like doing as it is told, it could be fun!

I've just had a weird text from our local pharmacy about another online pharmacy illegally poaching their customers, without their consent. Whatever next? I'm wondering if this was behind the problems with repeat prescriptions this month.

Time for another coffee... and maybe a croissant.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X