This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon all.

Yes, Bramble, it's all becoming a bit routine now. Got another visit next week by the look of it. Plus more work requiring jabs and drills in September. I don't mind the jabs so much, but the sound of the drills really gets me in a childish tizz.

Did a mini grory hop today and am now shifting things around between our fridges. The gas one isn't coping very well with the high temperatures. Personally, I'd stick in another couple of solar panels and a small set of batteries and replace it with another electric one, but we've got plenty of other things to do as well. Next summer...

Once I've done that, I'm off for a good nap.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Pre- evening n’alln’all

Baking here too Bren…but not cooking…heat-wise

Got our grory hop done but still need another few things from a different shop.
      We are meeting up with a couple of friends from our pre-Covid book club tomorrow - so seeing as there is a mahooosive supermarket nearby , we’ll be back on target for what we need.
      One of our phone chargers is failing…they are so fragile aren’t they?…and flippin expensive too
      Glad your dentist appt went ok Snoop - hopefully each time becomes easier?

Anyone got any rain to spare please?..who would have guessed a month ago I would have been asking that!

Tomorrow I’m hoping to get some shredding done…we’ve collected rather a huuuge pile of things needing shredding…don’t even care if it’s raining tbh!!!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening

We baked 20 bread cobs and 4 take-out trays of mushy peas in the slow cooker so we're sorted for a while regarding peas and cobs. We've had no more rain since my post this morning just thunder in the distance a bit of a let down really.

Enjoy your evening.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, have been MIA for the past four or five days, came on a wee while ago only to discover that a post i had prepared on Sunday didnt post, since last on i have had a phone call from the doctor, and visited the physiotherapist, i have now been told i have arthritis across the small of my back, so its a matter of doing some exercise and keep it, for some reason the doctor laughed when i asked if it would be worse when i get old, i will need to ask her why when i next see her🤔 the phisio. has given me several exercises to do, so hopefully those will help control the sever pain i am getting at times, then again its possible that if i stopped swinging a heavy hammer to drive in some fence posts,this might help as well, however there are several jobs that i want to get done now, which will make things easier when i do get old, wben i returned home from the phisio. I told OH i shouldn't do any house work and that she advised me of another activity which would help, but some how i felt she didnt believe me especially when she held me the hoover😣 right off to watch Midsummer murder, hope the remainder ofthe evening is pleasant for you remember to pass on the smiles tomorrow🙂🙂🙂
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Lovely to see you Rary.
            Sorry to hear about your health problems- but at least you now have someone to help sort them out.

Comment

• Good evening all.

Sorry to hear about your back pain Rary. I know what you mean about WHEN you get old. I too keep saying that year after year...Its just mind over matter. Having said that, I hope the exercise helps.

Snoop, you're on a roll now with the dentist, each visit gets easier.

We have had no rain here either Nicos, both my water butts are completely empty.No doubt it will rain at the weekend, it's our bank holiday.

Not a lot else going on, just myself and my daughter spent far too much on our shopping trip...but it was fun.

Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all
                Sorry to hear you pain woes Rary, definitely keep moving though (not swinging hammers)
                Can't beat a spend Bramble

Lovely morning here although variations of forecasts show a chance of rain later. Will do what I can outside beforehand.

Kettle has boiled, brew anyone?
                Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Good to hear you're getting help managing your pain Rary keep up with the physio it really does help.

Hair cut this morning then the usual mix of gardening and domestics, with anything else that comes up.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Special hello to Rary. Don't make it worse by doing daft things... And now I've said that, lots of sympathy. Not a good thing to have, especially when you're so young.

As for the dentist, yes. I'm on a roll. I even asked two questions yesterday which, if I had been right, would have meant I was volunteering for more treatment. As it is, I have sensitive gums, apparently. I never even knew such a thing was possible. Sensitive teeth, yes. But sensitive gums?

I got quite excited yesterday, as a reputed weatherforecasting service said storms were going to be hitting the north and north-east of Spain today. The simulation of clouds looked extremely promising. AEMET (Spanish version of the Met Office) says 90% probability of a storm today (they never predict rainfall). My other forecaster that's usually quite good says no storms and no rain. And Meteoblue says 43% chance of a storm, total rainfall 4.2 mm. 42 would have been helpful, but for 4.2 mm, it might as well not bother. I'll be more terrified of lightning starting a fire than optimistic of rain.

Anyway, not much on the cards for today. A little bit of work, followed by tidying and napping after lunch. Could be worse.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.

I thought about putting the grory hop off again yesterday, but in the end, I just went and did it. I just don't enjoy shopping anymore, but I want to see what I'm buying, so I'm not generally prepared to shop online for food. At least the car and supermarket are air-conditioned. I came home with 5 bags full. However, one was full of wine and another full of strawberries.....jam time again.

One of the problems around here at the moment is roadworks. They seem to be everywhere. Due to where we are in relation to the M1 and the local river there are limited options for routes and there are now temporary traffic lights just about everywhere. The ones close to the M1 junction are causing havoc. Of course there rarely appears to be any actual "work" happening.

I thought I was going to be tied to the house today as I'd a parcel due but it has already arrived. Nothing exciting unfortunately, just spare machine washable mop heads for my spray mop. I bought the mop in Aldi, but nowhere local sells the bits and I seem to live with Mr Messy.

We're forecast to head into the high 20s here again today with a 50% chance of rain showers tonight.

Rary, I hope the physiotherapy helps your pain and mobility. It is so frustrating when old age catches up with you, or so my husband says. His brother has asked us to take him to look at lightweight wheelchairs in Leeds on Monday as I cannot lift his heavy NHS one into our car.

Off to make more coffee now.

Comment

• Good Morning All Your hair looks nice Bren Sunny and hot again. I'm out to lunch today with my GGs, don't know where, they want to surprise me. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, another lovely morning but rain expected later. Not much news here which is how we like it!
                          Hope you are feeling better rary, keep up with these exercises.
                          Have a great day all and CG if that brew is still going I’d love to join you! x
                          sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            Bright and breezy here.
                            No demands on me today so I will take it as it comes.
                            A bit of domestics, a walk and then a potted iin the garden.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                              We’ve got sun and a lovely breeze here! No complaints from me

Grory hop at mega superstore , then on for a coffee to meet up with a couple of lasses from our preCovid book club. Then get ready to go out to a friends for supper!

Not complaining at all

Comment

• morning all.

we had a tremendous storm yesterday evening, lots of rumbling thunder but not much lightning that I saw, and battering winds. Early today when I looked out I couldn't see the fields beyond the houses across the road, there was thick white mist all around. That disappeared very quickly though.

Rary, sorry you are all aches and pains, it's called getting old, my love.

GF, I agree with you about shopping. I mostly compromise by having click and collect for household stuff, dairy, and packaged goods, then pop into the store for fresh fruit and veg, which is all at the checkout end of the store so I can be in and out in a jiffy.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X