This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
    His brother has asked us to take him to look at lightweight wheelchairs in Leeds on Monday as I cannot lift his heavy NHS one into our car.
    My mum had a lightweight one that she bought herself. Much easier to deal with in the car, but she found it monumentally uncomfortable after any length of time. The seat was quite small and the edge really cut into her legs, and the chair arms were too close in, but also quite high and poorly padded. Make sure he tries whatever you look at for a little while, just to see whether it really will suit him. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

My mum had a lightweight one that she bought herself. Much easier to deal with in the car, but she found it monumentally uncomfortable after any length of time. The seat was quite small and the edge really cut into her legs, and the chair arms were too close in, but also quite high and poorly padded. Make sure he tries whatever you look at for a little while, just to see whether it really will suit him. Good luck.
      Thanks for the advice, Snoop. He was originally going to order one out of a catalogue, but I insisted that he must try them out and it doesn't matter if we have to visit different places until he finds one he likes.

Comment

• Afternoon I agree with trying out the chair before hand, I used to help take a friends Aunt out and some chairs were much comfier than others.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon
          Thought it was going to rain earlier but nope , not yet.
          Think we should walk the dog sooner rather than later just incase
          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning
            Another glorious start to the day it's cool but pleasant . The garden was showered so I am spared the watering other than the greenhouse.
            Laundry being done and what else?
            I need to deal with the ton of parsley and then I shall play outside.
            Kettle is on and i'm off with the dog. Skipperty skip.
            Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
              Much cooler start here too- still lovely and warm though - perfect tbh!

Mrs Mop day for me…so it’s a Skippety skip with a smile day for me as well

Enjoy your day folks…anyone up to anything exciting this weekend?

We had a great time at the bbq yesterday-:it was lovely sitting outside in the dark without feeling cold and damp.
              Tomorrow is a vide grenier where they also display vintage cars - so that should be interesting. I used to help my brother renovate vintage cars many years ago so I’m just as interested in seeing them as my OH.
              Might take a picnic

Right, well, skipperty skip time now then!….
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Had early morning rain here, I'd just finished watering my beans as the downpour started so I hid in the GH. Of out to pick up the newspaper.

Enjoy your day.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Warm but cloudy here. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.Its dull but dry.
                    Nothing on the cards for today so I will make it up as I go along.
                    Enjoy your day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

A bit cooler today with sunshine and cloud. My youngest sister is entering lots of her baking and preserves at a local village show as she does every year. She says that today will be the first time ever that she has not had to struggle through pouring rain or gale force winds to get there. Unfortunately, however, she says that her pastry has stuck to her tins for some reason and so she doesn't expect to do well. She really is the most competitive person I know. The sort who would say "Nobody remembers who came second."

I spotted a few ripe blackberries at the edge of the doctor's car park yesterday. I might take a trip out and scout out some of my favourite blackberrying spots this weekend and root out my jelly bag.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

A cooler night, so a pleasant night's sleep and even a bit of lie-in, but still managed to walk the dog before it got too hot. Good start to the day. Though I have to admit, I haven't done much since. No idea where the morning has gone.

Anyway, have a great rest of the day everyone.

Comment

• Te he GF…I just strive to produce anything edible!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all. Sun’s been in and out like a peep of gas this morning but it’s not cold. Domestics for us today, bathroom badly needing done!!!!
                            Enjoy your day whatever you’re up to!! Slippery skip!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Te he GF…I just strive to produce anything edible!
                              One year, when "Come Dine With Me" was quite new, the super-competitive sister decided we'd have our own version. Four of us cooking meals: One brother and us three sisters. Other extended family invited to the meals. Unfortunately, or not, it all descended into chaos before the end of the competition, due to unexpected events. At least there were no arguments!

Comment

• Good evening, i have had a busy day covering my garage roof with plywood, have still got some to cut but will get that tomorrow, if its dry, of course OH thinks i have been overdoing it, but told her I'm fine, but thank goodness i have done it now ad didnt wait till i was old, I think i would struggle if i was an old person, going to have a hot shower to try and ease the pains in my back, wonder if OH would wash my back for me which of course would help ease the pain😏 have a good evening an think in something nice to smile about🙂🙂🙂

​​​​​
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X