This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rary View Post
    Good evening, i have had a busy day covering my garage roof with plywood, have still got some to cut but will get that tomorrow, if its dry, of course OH thinks i have been overdoing it, but told her I'm fine, but thank goodness i have done it now ad didnt wait till i was old, I think i would struggle if i was an old person, going to have a hot shower to try and ease the pains in my back, wonder if OH would wash my back for me which of course would help ease the pain😏 have a good evening an think in something nice to smile about🙂🙂🙂

​​​​​
    Just be careful. My husband decided that it was reroofing one of our sheds that froze my shoulder. He told our doctor this.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, I'm remembering the doctor's reaction.

Comment

• Morning
      A bit grey and depending on forecasts it could be a rainy day or a dry day.
      Slept rubbish so I still feel half asleep. Cuppa anyone?
      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

A warm cloudy day for us, so good for gardening and being out and about.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.

Another with a rubbish night's sleep....and no full moon to blame.

It'a a grey and overcast morning with a 50% chance of rain in the next couple of hours.

Even my coffee tastes wishy-washy and I've only got myself to blame as Mr GF is still sending out the Zs😴😴 so I can't blame him.

Comment

• Morning all.

A cooler start to the day but due to get back into the mid to top thirties again. Nice to be able to sleep properly, though.

Today's job: try and tidy the bedroom a bit. A lot of the kitchen stuff we packed away in boxes is in there, but all rather higgledy-piggledy. Getting a bit fed up with it all, to be honest, but it looks like it'll have to stay there for a bit. So I shall try and sort it all a bit and with any luck reduce the number of boxes. Just have to keep telling myself it'll be good when it's done.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Warm here but it's just started raining. Makes a change. Have a lovely Sunday
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Sunny and calm here at the moment - nice day for gardening.
                I really want to get some more cutting back and shredding done today , so not so sure about going to the vide grenier- I’ll leave that decision up to OH

I need to go through boxes in our barn Snoop- the ones we brought when we moved here 16 years ago! The last box I opened was full of lovely crockery which I’d forgotten about

I hope you manage to finish your garage roof Rary…just watch out fir pesky ladders!

Enjoy your day peeps- and remember to take photos for our gardening show!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all. It's a wet morning here.
                  IT seems to have rained overnight so no need to water the garden.
                  Enjoy the dun those who have it.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon, its just started raining here so I'm glad to be back indoors. Hopefully it'll be enough to give the garden a soaking.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                      It rained on and off for most of the day.
                      Got nothing done in the garden.
                      Had grandson in for lunch as usual.
                      Watched some of the Olympics and read my book.
                      Such a grey day for our bank holiday weekend.
                      Hopefully a better day tomorrow.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning
                        It's raining here and set for the day. Indoorsy jobs for me.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Sunshine and highs of 24c so a shorts and t-shirt day here with the usual gardening, domestics, visits and a stroll.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Morning all ,sky looks dull here,but is still warm,have a good day everyone
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Sunny with a breeze . Perfect!
                              Off out to do some cutting back in a sec…there’s tea in the pot if anyone fancies helping themselves?

Have a great day peeps.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. Special good morning to LD. So good to see you back here.

Well, I was actually cold in bed in the night. Kept fighting with Mr Snoop for the quilt. But another hot day ahead, with a 50% probability of a whopping half a millimetre of rain early afternoon. Goodness but the clouds are being mighty generous today. Our fig tree is giving up the ghost. The only water we have to spare is our washing-up water, so we're going to give it that. Not much each day, but anything is better than nothing, even if it is going to be soapy.

Having said I was fighting with Mr Snoop for the quilt, I should just have let him have it. He deserved it for his aches, pains and impressive bruises after a lucky escape in an accident involving a ladder yesterday. I really feel like I'm channelling Mrs Rary here... I told him he should use scaffolding, but he stubbornly insisted on using a ladder. The brass rail along the front of our cast-iron range is no longer horizontal. He was lucky he didn't hit the cast-iron part, otherwise he would have been a goner. His fear afterwards (fortunately unfounded) of being spiked somewhere no gentleman wishes to be spiked will be enough to make him more cautious of ladders in future. At least I hope it will.

Right, better get on with the day. A bit of work, then brunch and then a nap. What a good day! Just need more rain and it would be perfect.

Have a great day, everyone.
                                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 05-08-2024, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X