This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely to see you LD.

Rained pretty much all day so I've been busy in my sewing room.
    Northern England.

Comment

• Good evening, a very wet day today, decided to head to a GC for lunch and while there i happened to buy some seeds🙄 they were 50% off which of course shattered my resolve to buy from real seeds who sell them a lot cheaper, however the pictures are nice😕 son and grandson covered my roof with felt yesterday but unfortunately was unable to nail it down as the rain started but its well secured so can wait till we get a dry day again, which going with the forecast could be in three or four days however as long as there are no high winds wont be a problem. Nice to see you back LD, strang enough you were in my thoughts just yesterday, with janieB back i was wondering where everyone else was and how they were getting on, sadly we have lost so many from the Vine, in one way or another, but its,nice to know some are still here even if not on the forum,
      Nicos the only advice is that experts seem to think that you shouldnt be going up ladders when you are seventy, so Mr. Snoop once you turn seventy avoid any ladder work for a year, after that you should be ok, but dont let your OH see you doing any ladder work as they dont seem to grasp the advice was for people of seventy not to go up ladders, so i recon if you are over seventy it should be ok, and remember its not the falling that hurts, its when you stop🙄
      Enjoy your evening and find something to smile about🙂🙂🙂
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening

Its been a good day here, no cooking this evening just need to microwave yesterdays sausage casserole.

I hope MrSnoop isn't to sore, its easy to think your invincible like Rary says 'its not the falling that hurts, its when you stop'.

Enjoy your evening.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning
          Hope MrSnoop has recovered.
          Had more downpours overnight, alot of things battered down and an almost full bucket of water that was stood out.
          Forecast says sun although it seems to be playing hidey behind the thick grey cloud. Hopefully it will appear as I have jobs I want to get done
          Kettle is on.
          Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
            We have a cloudy day forecast but with a small shower mid afternoon- I’m trying to persuade it to head off to Snoop.
            Either way, another good day for gardening. More weeding methinks….well it’s that or ironing bedding
            Thank goodness we’ve mulched more this year! It’s certainly made a difference to the weeds in the potager.

Has anyone else noticed leaves starting to fall? My wild cherry is really starting to turn orange in parts. I always put that down to drought previously- but that’s certainly not the case this year.
            Which reminds me- I should check our well. I’m guessing it must be topped up to its maximum natural height. We never use it but keep intending to buy a submersable pump for it.

Have a great day peeps whatever you get up to

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Himself brought me my usual cup of tea this morning and I was quite settled with the Kindle when the ginger cat from a few doors down appeared and jumped on the bed miaowing! He must have climbed in through the kitchen window
              Sunny here and warm. Hope Me Snoop doesn't ache too much today. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Mr Snoop is not being his most sensible self. I've heard the ladder being moved about... If I go up and he's up it and falls, it'll be my fault for startling him, so I'm just going to leave him be. Might be time to think about taking out life insurance on him, mind.

On the cards for me today, a little bit of work, a little bit of lunch and another dentist's visit. Last one for a few weeks and no drills or jabs today, so I'll be OK. Phew. Mini grory hop afterwards, as I'll be going to the big shop (proper UK-sized supermarket) but not buying very much.

Hope your son's finger heals properly this time, JanieB. Not nice to have to have it rebroken. Ouch.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• good morning all,thank goodness is is a bit cooler,i am finding a bit of mojo so far today,suppose it will be 40 plus winks later on,Snoop hope he goes on alright,he will find his level,some of us can be very stuborn when called for,for me after the initial few baisic words,is squeek moan and carry on in some sort of fashion
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning, much brighter this morning but looks like it’s to be windy later.
                    Nothing much on the cards today so kettle’s on if anyone wants a brew.
                    Have a great day everyone. x
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hope son recovered well from surgery JanieB . My OH has a wonky little finger, broken years ago playing with our previous dog and a stick. Finger broke and set wonky.

Sun has appeared so I'm just waiting for the washer to finish.

I will join you in a brew Jay.
                      Last edited by Containergardener; 06-08-2024, 11:10 AM.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Good afternoon.
                        Forgot I had an appointment this morning so went out in a rush.
                        Going to visit my sister this afternoon so no time to garden.
                        Hope all those with bruises, broken fingers and dental apps improve.
                        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon.

Due to my brother in law not feeling too good yesterday we never got to look at wheelchairs. I also realised I really ought to book the car in for it's MOT. I rang up our friend who owns a local MOT station and he said he'd be able to fit us in this afternoon.

We've just got home. It passed .... eventually. The windscreen washers weren't working, which would have been a fail but after some investigation it was only a blocked tube, which he cleared. He's convinced me to use them more often, to keep the liquid moving. With all the rain this year and lack of insects I just haven't needed to. I must admit I neglect this car terribly. It's a useful car, a workhorse......but it's not exciting. Probably just as well, as I don't want points for speeding. I love a fast car, an open road and some loud music.

Tomorrow the delayed trip to Leeds.

Comment

• Good evening, its been a busy day for me today, took OH,for the messages then a visited our friend for a couple of hours, after which we we t up to our sons to make sure the boys were ok, don't think they were to happy with that as i got them out their bed, if i have to get out my bed so should they🙄 Once we got home we had lunch before i went out to do some work on the garage roof, though i will need to leave the nailing down for son as i cant kneel and bending over is too sore on me just now, but had a short break to take one of the grandsons over to the next town to one of his friends, and have jyst returned from picking up said grandson, thiswith no buses is a right pain, and they tell you you should try and leave the car , little chance of that with public transport being so pathetic. Right thats the moan for this evening over, well untill the next one🙄 now going to watch Vera so enjoy the rest of the evening and find something to smile about🙂🙂🙂
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning
                              Have been outside tying things in, it was windy yesterday and things are being battered again. (It's very open here).
                              Forecast is a mix of rain, sun and wind so i'm not sure what will be achieved out there today. Also there is much paperwork to do.
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

I'm sharing your weather today CG those gusty wind will give my little windsock a workout.

Grory hop at some point I'd have in at the library but its closed today.

enjoy your day.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X