This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Cloudyish today. Apparently we might get a teeny-tiny storm early afternoon. A bit like last night then. 10 seconds of rain and hail. Didn't even join the dots on the ground.

Enjoying not working very much. A bit to do this morning, then brunch, then a bit of telly and a nap. Sooner or later I'll get beyond the first 30 pages of my book that I've now read three times...

Rary, might an electric bike help your grandsons get about? No idea what your roads are like, plus they're not cheap to buy. But might be worth considering.

Right, I'd better own up: I think I'll be hogging the smiles a bit today. No more visits to the dentist till the end of August. All the big bills are paid. There's food and water in the house. And plenty of other blessings to count.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning.

Much cooler here today, max 19°C. I slept like a log last night, it was marvellous. Over 7 hours of uninterrupted shuteye.

We had quite a serious conversation about changing the car last night. We've had it nearly 3 years and it was 3 years old when we bought it. It has, touch wood, been very reliable and cost us very little to run. It is very intelligent but also non user friendly. I discovered yesterday that if we'd had to change a fuse for the windscreen washer, we would have had to dismantle the dashboard to get at the fuse box. How ridiculous. We've eventually decided that in the Autumn we'll have a non urgent look around. Mr GF wants comfier seats, but still high. I'd like a bit more oomph. We need a decent size boot or the interior will end up looking like a shed.

Brother in law has a visit from the podiatrist this morning but after he's had his lunch, which he has delivered hot, we're off to look at lightweight wheelchairs.
      Last edited by greenishfing; 07-08-2024, 08:03 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull and breezy here. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Yesterday afternoon’s light rain ended up with literally one drop landing on me Just as well as I got to do a lot of driveway gravel weeding.
          It arrived in the evening….several hours of heavy rain ( sorry if we pinched it Snoop) , and today is a lovely sunny and warm start to the day. More weeding whilst the soil is damp- so much easier/ quicker !

I still have a large ironing pile waving at me every time I walk past it…might just do an hour or so first to at least make some impact on it.

Apart from that - freezing of blackberry juice and bullace juice. I may make some bullace cheese/ leathers but the amount of sugar needing adding is rather off putting.

New car GF?…how exciting!
          I understand about the speed/ acceleration aspect - I had an Audi TT for 20 years ….even out here for a while - although it was a bit hairy going around a bend in the middle of nowhere to come face to face with a tractor hogging the narrow lane and a 3ft ditch on either side.yep…I was quick to learn …drive safely peeps!
          Sports version of something else maybe?

And so - to all those speed merchants and non- speed merchants out there…… enjoy your day!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Dull and breezy here and just 16 degs.

Snoop, you deserve your break from the dentist and I'm sure it's a weight off your shoulders now that it's done.

Driving, it's not my favourite thing to do anymore. So many new apartments have been built closer to us now that its chaos on the roads. With so much traffic.I only use the car now when I really need to.

Out for a walk to the library this morning and then I have some seeds to sow
            On Rarys recommendation I will sow all the half packets and see how they go.
            Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Well, I took the bull by the horns and finished off all the ironing. Just over 3 hrs worth of it.
              Feels so much better not seeing it there!

Not done any gardening yet but will have a brew ( help yourselves!) and then do half an hour or so.

Comment

• happy tea time all,dentist is a bad word,LD gulps,well done on the ironing Nicos,mine can wait for now,had an altercation in the garden this morning,with a hydranger bush,and some rhubarb,what a game trying to get up again,said a few words and went out as planed,i am sore and limpy,i would have expected to have bounced up again,given i have packed some timber on since my partner passed away,nothing broken,triped on some wood hidden by the overgrowth,i am thinking,i should carry my mobile with me,and get the keysafe up and running,just in case,as i will not be heard when i squeel,youngest son is on his way by train as i type,staying for a few days again,and help with some jobs,so that will be nice,slowly surely getting back on the track of life again,
                Last edited by lottie dolly; 07-08-2024, 04:12 PM.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening

Had a good day here, gardening, Grory hop then out for a stroll. No rain today but its been gusty at times.

Enjoy your evening.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Oh gosh lottie!
                    Sounds like a nasty fall - glad to hear nothing seems to have broken but I guess you’re going to have some big bruises by tomorrow?
                    Speedy recovery xx

Comment

• Morning
                      Oh LD do be careful. I keep telling my mum to keep her mobile on her outside as she fell one time, does she though? No.
                      Not raining at the moment but due anytime, another wet day ahead so grory hopping will be done. Off to walk the doggy.
                      Last edited by Containergardener; 08-08-2024, 06:00 AM.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny so far. Take greater care Lottie, hope you're ok today. Have a good day All
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

LD, you've got to be more careful and keep your phone in uour pocket for emergencies. I hope that you're not too shaken up and bruised.

We went wheelchair shopping with my brother in law yesterday. He has ordered a very lightweight chair, which he says is comfortable. He tried it for a while, both inside and outside. It is really manoeuvrable and nippy. It will be delivered in about 5 days.

As I'd no idea where I was going I programmed the car's SatNav. I think I've only used it about half a dozen times in 3 years. It did the job however and got us straight there and back without arguing with me.

When I was cleaning out the car at the beginning of the week I actually found 5 christmas pudding basins with lids lurking in the depths. How and when they got there I have no idea. I'll probably still need extra as when I saw my brother who lives in Australia I promised him a couple this year. One of my other sisters evidently used to send him one every year, until they had a big argument over our youngest brother's ashes. Families!

Coffee time now!

I think a grory hop today.
                          Last edited by greenishfing; 08-08-2024, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                            Dull, calm and warm so another good day for gardening

No other plans really but I feel the need to be outdoors!
                            Hope you’re not too sore today lottie x

I’ve just remembered that there is a Medieval Fair in Falaise this weekend ( where Willian the Conqueror was born) . It’s a massive event so we’ll be heading over to that on Sunday. Very much looking forward to that as it takes over the town and castle!

Enjoy your day peeps whatever you get up to.

Comment

• Morning all.

A few minor jobs out the way and I'm now ensconced in my basement cave. Will emerge to make brunch, but we're into our next bout of high temperatures, so will probably spend most of the day down here or having a long forty winks, maybe even as many as sixty winks. Had a restless night for some reason (that would be the cheap red wine, says my conscience).

Take care, LD. Maybe consider one of those phone assistance pendant or bracelet services? Press the button and if you don't answer the phone, they call a designated person to come and help you. A bit less cumbersome than carrying your phone round with you everywhere, but another expense.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Funnily enough just the other day I was looking at this from IKEA…
                                https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/dajlien...reen-80552667/

..with a view to cutting off the straps and reusing them with a similar sized bag which I would crochet/ sew in cotton or something more breathable. None of my clothes have pockets so it’d be easier to wear it at the back rather than lug my handbag everywhere when we go out.
                                At that price it’s more than worth chopping up and adapting.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X