Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning a sunny 14° but rain on the way this afternoon!
    Nothing On the cards today had treatment yesterday so next day is usually a rest day.
    Hope you are ok lottie. We are always telling my mother in law to carry her phone with her. She is 84 and likes a potter in her attic…why I’ve no idea!!
    Enjoy your day everyone. x
    sigpic

Comment

• Nicos you can buy the clips and webbing, all different sizes at haberdashers, or Amazon. I used some to make sail covers for a boat. They are brilliant.

Comment

• Morning

My walking clothes all have multiple pockets otherwise I've got a couple of shoulder bags just big enough for my phone and keys handy on the rare days I feel like wearing a dress
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• My handbags are now all cross body so I can be hands free. My GGs try on bags like clothes and "wear" them!
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
            A light drizzle falling at the moment but it's due to clear up.
            Out with my friends for lunch and a trip down the coast.

Lottie, get a personal alarm, worn on your wrist or around your neck.My mother had one and it put our minds at ease.

I use a small back pack when I'm walking, leaving my hands free.

Snoop, hope the heat is not too overwhelming where you are,
            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• For most of my life I've lugged heavy shoulder bags around. And I mean heavy. I used to find secateurs, the odd spanner (usually 10mm), and screwdrivers, etc hiding in there as well as all Mr GF's crap. I have now dumped them. I usually go out now with just my phone with a bank card and some emergency cash tucked into the case. It feels so wonderful. I have bought a couple of tiny bags, just big enough for keys and a phone for the odd time in Summer when I have no pockets.

Comment

• I've just received an unexpected email from the company my brother in law ordered his wheelchair from yesterday. It is a little video, showing how to assemble the wheelchair when it arrives. The guy on the video took about 2 minutes. So far I'm really impressed with the company.

Comment

• Good afternoon,was at the church coffee morning earlier, then upto daughter for a wee while, once back home a quick lunch before going out to put some creoseal onto some fresh wood that i am using on the garage which hopefully save it from rotting , had just started painting it on when the rain started, soin the house with the hearing aid to save it getting wet, as any water in it stops it working, Oh oh need to go and collect one of the grandsons as he is looking for a lift, hes soaked through and bus isnt due for about half an hour then it takes about three quarters of an hour before he is home catch you later and smile it will change you outlook😀🙂🙂🙂
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning
                    More downpours and gusty winds overnight, what's with this wind?
                    Forecast says sunshine this afternoon ready for the heatwave weekend, I shall write my list of jobs
                    Having looked at the forecast we have 45mph gusts again later

Brew anyone? Croissant?
                    Last edited by Containergardener; 09-08-2024, 06:42 AM.
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Morning CG, morning all.

Death and destruction here yesterday. A mouse in a trap and a wolf spider in the basement. I don't like killing spiders, but I don't fancy putting my hand on a wolf spider as I'm reaching for a bun tray. The destruction was the search for a small(ish) tarantula in the packed-up kitchen dumping room next to the bedroom. I saw it but it scuttled off in among the boxes and I couldn't find it thereafter, despite shifting lots of stuff about. When I say smallish, it was big enough to make a noise as it rummaged around in there. A tarantula sounds bad, but in fact a wolf spider is worse in terms of bite. So I console myself with that. First time we've had either in the house (that I know of). Never had a hedgehog indoors either.

Off out for lunch with M today. Miles away... Not looking forward to sitting in the car for hours on end. The car has air-conditioning but it struggles in these temperatures.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Warm and cloudy here. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

An eventful day Snoop I usually don't mind spiders but just now we're getting a lot of cellar spiders with long legs and tiny bodies. They can build a web in the time you nip upstairs to the loo on the way back down you have face full of webs

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.
                            Very windy today, I must tie up the top of the climbing rose before the wind knocks it down.

My bro visited yesterday and brought some flowers for my mum. I put them in a vase and carried them upstairs to put in her room, only to drop the lot on the top stair. After upending itself on the top step, the sturdy glass vase bounced its way unbroken down to the bottom, leaving the flowers behind, while the water cascaded in a waterfall over every carpeted step as far as the turn midway down. It was a good litre of water at least, and took 4 bath towels to get the carpet back to a semblance of merely damp instead of soaking wet. The flowers, fortunately were undamaged, the vase having kindly deposited them in a bunch across the step.

I had to call the doctor out to my mum as she has developed an abcess on her foot. I was not impressed that all she did was prescribe antibiotics for it, and one that meant my mum couldn't use paracetamol for the pain. As it happens, the abcess burst today anyway, and drained out. I had been tempted to burst it myself, but because of her age I called the doctor instead. Have you noticed that doctors don't come with a doctor's bag any more? Just a tablet or laptop. They never intend to do anything but look, then write a prescription.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all.

I've just ordered a new non-slip bath mat for inside the bathonline at Argos. The one I've got is a pain to clean (old tooth brush job). Supposedly the new one can go in the washer. It will get delivered to the mini Sainsbury's up the road later today. If I actually had to go to the Argos store, I wouldn't order off them, ever. It's in the vast Sainsbury's in the centre of the city with the awful car park. There used to be a handy Argos in an out of the centre shopping place, alongside Dunelm and B&Q etc, but it closed down.

I've just had a text from the delivery firm. My brother in law's wheelchair is due to be delivered late this afternoon. I'll go and sort it out for him in the morning .

I must go collect our prescriptions from the pharmacy today as I've got a text to say they are ready.

No sign of any sun today yet, but it was far too hot last night, despite some showers.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                                Very fine drizzle at the moment so I’ll be out there weeding again later when it stops. It’s so easy to pull them - otherwise the ground sets like concrete for the rest of the summer.

Those spiders sound awful Snoop That really makes me creep * shudders

European house spiders are about my limit( up to 2.5” leg span) . We don’t ( yet,) have scorpions - and the most dangerous snakes we have are vipers, but I’ve only ever spotted one of those in the garden in all the time we’ve been here.
                                I was just reading about the huntsman..sounds like they get pretty big!
                                * shudders again.

so…onto a more ‘pretty flowers, pretty pretty flowers’ subject ( positive distraction therapy!)
                                I was wondering after MH’s vase of flowers episode ( thank goodness the vase didn’t shatter!!!)…do most people have vases of flowers in their houses throughout the year?
                                I always try and have a vase of something from the garden. At the moment it’s a vase of hydrangea which came from next door.
                                Sometimes it just a few nasturtium.Sometimes just a selection of wild grasses. Always lovely to have outdoor colour inside the house!

End of brew time- sorry - how rude of me- do please help yourself.

Enjoy your day peeps !
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X