This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Toes crossed for a speedy recovery for your mum, mothhawk. Sounds very nasty.

Rather warm here and due to get much hotter. However, I heard two tractors out today, meaning the farmers think rain is on its way. And it might be, though whether it's worth the farmers' while ploughing is moot. The forecast is for not much, but even if it doesn't do the land much good, it'll cool everything down a bit.

Mr Snoop and M have gone out for a drive to look at a dried-up reservoir. It's depressing enough looking at all the dying woodland without me needing to see that, so I'm staying at home with the dog. Got a few computer-related jobs to do, so it'll be good to have no interruptions and no-one else using the internet connection.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning everyone...Hope everyone is all well today.
      Last edited by Strawberry patch; 10-08-2024, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Patio duly pointed- yup, I helped with that…and now the ironing pile is staring at the back of my head…drilling into my subconscious
        Do I care?
        Nope!
        Its a really lovely day here - so much so that OH has suggested we sit out with a fire pit this evening and watch out for the Perseus meteor shower which is supposed to be at its greatest over the next few nights.
        Well…that’s if I can stay awake
        Hope you do get a decent downpour Snoop- it been a long time coming.
        And yes, I agree with Snoop Rary…sorry, but I do x
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Snoop, Nicos, water off a ducks back, anyway with all the female neighbours about I doubt if me being on the roof wouldn't go unnoticed🙄😁 and bramble OH knows when she can't trust me in regardes to things like that, she can hear or see me breathing😇
          Good evening, started off with heavy rain this morning, so decided to to and have a look at some cars, at the price of them that's all i will be doing, having a look, for all the driving thaet i do nowadays looking will be sufficient😕 anyway after thinking it was going to be a wet day itturned out quite nice though not as warm as it should be for this time of year, another week and the children will be back in school, to think when i was at school we got ten week summer holidays, though not as many days off throughout the year, i still think the ten weeks holiday was better as you learned more throughout the year without the interruptions of holidays, though if we did have all those holidays that would have meant i could have went some weeks without getting the strap, naaa my mother would have belted my ear for something during thise holidays, right as there is nothing on the telly that i want to watch I'm off to read a book, have a pleasant evening and smile🙂🙂🙂
          ​​​​​

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening and thanks for the heads up about the Perseus meteor shower Nicos
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

We have a hot couple of days ahead - mid 30s - so OH is already outside watering pots and veggies in preparation.
              Not so sure if we’ll go out in that heat. We’ll see.

Last night we sat out for almost 2 hrs with the firepit watching out for shooting stars.
              Between us we spotted 7 , which, given the northern aspect was cloudy, was ok. We had expected more tbh, so will have another go tonight. Four of them were spectacular - trailing maybe 4 seconds and ending with light bursts. Well worth waiting for. And yes, wishes were made!
              Have to say though…what a vast number of satellites there were- almost non-stop somewhere in the sky.It prompted me to check online how many active satellites there are…..9,900 No wonder we saw so many!

It looks like the grouting has set on the patio. Thank goodness we did it yesterday- far too hot today! Next step is sealing it.

I’m going to need to do something with all these mirabelles today.I’ve been cooking and destoning them , then freezing them in muffin trays to have with our porridge later in the year. Still loads to prepare.

Enjoy your day peeps whatever you get up to!
              Last edited by Nicos; 11-08-2024, 06:05 AM.

Comment

• Morning
                We often used to walk the forests at night up to a higher spot and watch the sky. Haven't done it for ages.

Cool and cloudy so far but the sun is trying. Not an ounce of wind which is lovely. When I was outside yesterday the wind was annoying but it calmed a bit and all of a sudden I heard the birds singing , I hadn't realised I hadn't heard any. Then a butterfly appeared (and one in our bedroom) , then the bees all came out. I guess they were pleased the wind had calmed too
                Today I need to go and see mum, she lifted a pot last week and pulled her back, sciatic I think. She should know better rather like rary. I shall take her some shopping and do whatever needs done and OH is going to cut her grass.
                It's to be 24 today and full sun
                Bbq later.
                Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all, and Happy Sunday

Originally posted by Containergardener View Post
                  I love sweetpeas too mothhawk . I plan to grow more next year. Do you have a favourite?
                  No favourites, CG, I buy seeds when they are half price, and only buy ones that say they are highly scented. I don't fuss about flower size or number of flowers per stalk. I do always seem to end up with at least one packet of Old Fashioned Mixed - either they are not so popular or stores over-stock on them, so they end up in the sale.
                  Hope your Mum's back improves quickly, CG, perhaps a heat pad would help to ease the pain?
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Mornin n’alln’all
                    Have to say though…what a vast number of satellites there were- almost non-stop somewhere in the sky.It prompted me to check online how many active satellites there are…..9,900 No wonder we saw so many!
                    And that's just the active ones. There are many, many more obsolete satellites still circling the planet. America alone owns more than 11,000!

https://www.keeptrack.space/deep-div...and%20programs.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

A sunny day here with highs of 25c later I don't like it much hotter than that.
                      The meteor showers supposed to be at its peek tonight and tomorrow so hopefully I'll have better luck then, it was a bit cloudy last night.

Enjoy your day.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All. Warm and sunny here too. My son is not bringing breakfast today so the pan will be going on soon. Have a lovely Sunday
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post

And that's just the active ones. There are many, many more obsolete satellites still circling the planet. America alone owns more than 11,000!

https://www.keeptrack.space/deep-div...and%20programs.
                          Good grief!!! I had no idea

Comment

• Well….I was just watching the smiles doing back flips ( clearly influenced by the Olympic activities ​​​​​​) when I suddenly remembered this poem by Spike Milligan…

Smile..

Smiling is infectious,
                            you catch it like the flu,

When someone smiled at me today,
                            I started smiling too.

I passed around the corner
                            and someone saw my grin.

When he smiled I realized
                            I'd passed it on to him.

I thought about that smile,
                            then I realized its worth.

A single smile, just like mine
                            could travel round the earth.

So, if you feel a smile begin,
                            don't leave it undetected.

Let's start an epidemic quick,
                            and get the world infected!

Hope that brought a smile to your face too.

As Rary says…pass one on!
                            Last edited by Nicos; 11-08-2024, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

Already very hot, but at least I've done all my outdoor jobs. Watering, walking the dog, helping Mr Snoop to dismantle scaffolding (though my contribution was next to nil) and heave-hoing 250 litre barrels up from the valley. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but rain is forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday. Enough to make it worthwhile bringing up barrels to collect rainwater off the new roofs. Temps are due to drop to the top twenties then, as well. It'll be bliss.

Also on the cards for today: topping up water in the solar batteries, charging other batteries. Visit to a nearby town with friends to see the sights. A bit of shopping while we're there. Possibly lunch out. Nap this afternoon for sure. Planning to see if I can find a comfy chair to plonk out somewhere in the cool for a bit of Perseid watching later on.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• mothhawk Funny enough some of mine are old fashioned mix and smell lovely .
                                She has a heat pad brother bought her so I will suggest that today, she isn't good on listening to advice though
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X