This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.

Warm and sunny here already. My curtains are closed tightly.

I called round to see my brother in law yesterday and got his wheelchair unpacked and ready to go in a few minutes. He's really happy with it.

I hadn't realised that there are so many satellites in the sky. I remember in the early 90's, way before I saw one in a car, we had a satellite navigation system for our boat and it was forever telling us that there weren't enough satellites above the horizon.

I want to go blackberrying this week but it needs to be cooler so that I can cover up and, hopefully, get less scratches.

Comment

• Good morning all. A lovely bright sunshiney morning here.
      Snoop, enjoy your shopping trip.
      Nicod, that's a lovely poem.
      CG, a hest pad should help with your mams back.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Off out for a day by the seaside. Friends holidaying there and it's relatively nearby, so seems like a good opportunity to meet up.

Nice cool start to the day but going to get very hot again later. Rain forecast has of course fallen, but still enough for me to be pleased we got ourselves ready yesterday. In fact, I had quite a heartening walk with the dog last night. The spring at the end of the valley is still flowing, which absolutely amazed me. If we get a decent amount of rain, I'll get some plug plants in for winter veg and hope for the best rather than not bother because I'm expecting the worst.

Got up a few times in the night to spot Perseids but no luck. Supposedly due to peak tonight, so will try again. Hope you guys are having more joy than me.

Couple of jobs to do before we leave so better get me skates on.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning
          We are due a thunderstorm anytime. I can hear rumbling in the distance above the dog snoring, our dog sleeps 48hours a day I think
          Forecast sunshine laterso some gardening and reading hopefully. There is paperwork and ironing but I'm ignoring that
          Enjoy your seaside trip Snoop. Bucket & spade, windbreak, candyfloss
          Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning All Hot and cloudy here and storm brewing I think. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

Lots of overnight rain that's made the garden feel fresh.

We spent some time Perseids spotting late last night but only saw one its better than none at all.

enjoy our day
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.Another bright and breezy day,
                No perseids spotted here as we had thunder and lightening so the sky was totally overcast

Snoo0l have a lovely day out and be sure to make some sand castles

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning,
                  Thunder, lightning and torrential rain to start the day but it’s to brighten up later.
                  Son on his way from the Midlands to spend a week with us… he’s going to be disappointed in the weather methinks!!
                  Have a great day at the beach Snoop.
                  Hope you all have a lovely day. x
                  sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all;D
                    Very hot and muggy here - rain due tomorrow.
                    OH has decided to get the spuds up before blight hits them. Managed to dodge the bullet so far….good idea to wait till now when it’s 30C outside and in full sun Almost as ‘bonkers’ as Rary up the ladders

I’m definitely staying inside today. It’s due to hit 36C. OH picked up a windfall apple yesterday and pointed the pizza thermometer gun at it…46.3C …half way to being baked! No wonder some of the veggie plants are looking sorry for themselves.

I’m thinking of mirabelle and raspberry jam today before it gets too hot.
                    I need to collect up more mirabelle windfalls too. Never ending, but there are less falling each time, so just a few more days left….

A day by the beach should be delightful Snoop. Will you be going for a paddle/ swim?
                    Hopefully there will be sea breezes too.
                    Too many tourists up here for me to venture to ours. Having said that, we know a few quiet places by the river which would be nice to park up and read in the shade. Running water/ crashing waves are both so lovely to hear aren’t they?
                    Te he CG…candyfloss?

Right, these darned mirabelles aren’t going to shift themselves I keep giving them away but people just don’t seem to have the same commitment to trying to eat a kilo a day to help out!
                    At £10 a kilo I have to remind myself that these are a luxury!

Enjoy your day peeps,including those exciting storms!, and remember to try and get up to no good at some point!
                    Last edited by Nicos; 12-08-2024, 01:21 PM.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning. I've just heard a little rumble of thunder in the distance accompanied by five minutes of heavy rain. The sky is still black so maybe there will be more shortly.

Ooooh! The seaside. Cheese, tomato and sand sandwiches, followed by ice cream.😋

Croissant time. See you later.

Comment

• greenishfing I can still taste that sand now you mention it.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Mornin n’alln’all;D
                          Very hot and muggy here - rain due tomorrow.
                          OH has decided to get the spuds up before blight hits them. Managed to dodge the bullet so far….good idea to wait till now when it’s 30C outside and in full sun Almost as ‘bonkers’ as Rary up the ladders Enjoy your day peeps,including those exciting storms!, and remember to try and get up to no good at some point!
                          I can do without comments like that, I get enough of them from OH and yes if it dries up I will be up the ladders again, as I have said before the falling isnt the problem, its the sudden stop that hurts😁😁😁
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• You know your abilities Rary…
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon

We had rain and thunder this morning then by 1- ish we were back to sunshine. So a good day to be out and about back indoors now for a dish of fruit.

Nicos if you can't give your Mirabelle's away could you trade them for something else locally, people might feel better than just having them given.

Enjoy whats left of your afternoon.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                You know your abilities Rary…
                                Not necessarily, its great what you learn as you get older🤔😁
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X