Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all. We had some rain overnight but its cleared now.
    Grory hop this morning and then a visit to my sister this afternoon.
    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon all,been out and had walk back in the rain,when i take the car the sun comes out grrrrr,its either to hot cold or rain,shut up LD and get on with it,now for a nice drink of coffee,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• If the local shop had had strawberries in stock I wouldn't have ventured further afield, but they didn't. I then found some great quality, reduced raspberries, as well as strawberries.

OMG. I had forgotten how truly gorgeous raspberry jam can be. I made it and then had a taste, and was mentally taken straight back to my childhood. Evidently my paternal grandma must have made it as in my mind's eye I was eating her gorgeous raspberry buns. It was like a flashback. I could picture in detail her lounge and my grandparents, who unfortunately both died when I was still a child.

Comment

• Evening

Still raining here so we've spent most of the day indoors between domestics, reading, baking plus going through my seeds box. A few seeds for the charity shop so I'll be taking those tomorrow.
          Enjoy your evening
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Some heavy showers this afternoon but its cleared up now.
            The garden is looking fresher after the rain.

GF, raspberries, they are my favourite..my grandmothers jam.
            Some things remain in your memory forever.

Have a good evening all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Plum jam for me. My dad used to make loads every year with the plums from their tree. And blackcurrant jam, but for another reason. One year we went to one of those places where you pick your own fruit. The blackcurrants were quite pricey, but we picked enough for dad to make a big glass sweet jar (the only jar he had left). Unfortunately, he stood the jar in the sink while filling, as the opening was too high on the counter, and the cold steel and hot jam meant the jar cracked. Poor dad. A waste of time, money and effort, and a terrible job to clean up.

On the cards today, a bit of bramble clearing, a bit of domestics and that's probably all I'll have time for before yet another lunch out. All these meals out are getting a bit much. Anyway, a grory hop on the way back home afterwards.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Seedless Raspberry my favourite jam sometimes I add apples for a change it doesn't seem to alter the taste it just makes a firmer jam.
                No rain forecast for today so I'll be out and about.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                  I was up with the larks today. Couldn’t sleep so got up early, grabbed a quick brew and went and did a grory hop, bought cat and hen feed and treated us to a stick of french bread….to try out my latest batches of homemade jams!
                  Mirabelle and vanilla and mirabelle and raspberry. The latter was the winner! Always nice to eat your own preserves isn’t it?

We have drizzle at the moment. Glad OH cut the lawns yesterday!
                  A few domestics and maybe some gardening for me today.
                  Whatever you get up to peeps- enjoy yourselves- it’s nearly weekend!

Enjoy your lunch out Snoop….might be months before you next get the chance!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Cloudy again here. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all and it's a beautiful sunshiney day.
                      My day started rather abruptly with my neighbour knocking quite early to tell me there was a peregrine falcon sitting on the roof of her shed.
                      I was lucky to get a couple of pics.

My favourite jam is plum with cinnemon, I am also partial to gooseberry.

Snoop, enjoy all your days while they lastly winter is coming and you may be stuck indoors.

Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• All this talk of jam is making me jealous! At this time of year, the staff at work would bring me their plums, strawberries, gooseberries and damsons for me to make them a jar of jam, whilst I was allowed the rest of the yield.
                        I've just picked up 3 builder's buckets of small apples and one bucket big enough to peel and prepare for the freezer. There are still hundreds on the tree. I thought there should be a lean year? The tree has produced this number of apples for the last ten at least!
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Flo we have two apple trees same variety one is full of lovely apple the other tree has just 2 apples

Comment

• Good afternoon.

After my success making yesterday's raspberry jam, I decided to make more strawberry jam today. Aaaarrrrggghhhhh! Yesterday's raspberry jam got to setting point in 7 minutes. Today's strawberry jam did not want to set! I was ready to throw the bloody jam pan out of the window. I'm so glad that today was reasonably cool. This year all three batches of strawberry jam have been "slow" to set, and I really don't know why. I really should trust my sugar thermometer more, but I once inadvertently got some plum skin stuck behind the thermometer bulb and ended up with something that was only fit for possibly soling shoes.

Comment

• Good evening, fitted a gutter to the back end of the garage, then went for a game of,ten pin bowling with our youngest grandson, after which I showed him the notable points on the road he will need to walk if he plays like that again😕, he even told me with three ends to go that even if I got three strikes i wouldn't have enough to beat him😣 however just to show there were no hard feeling I did as said, show him how he can get home the next time😏 if there is a next time, unfortunately there were no bowls with large enough holes in them for me to get my fingers in. Once back home i was tidying up when the oldest grandson came in to clean the gutters which of course saves me going up ladders now going to try some exercising for my wrists and elbows along with some for my back, if I do all the exercises that i have to do it would take up the rest of the evening so might give some a miss🙄 Enjoy your evening and keep smiling🙂🙂🙂

​​

​​
                              Last edited by rary; 16-08-2024, 05:31 PM.
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                                Mrs Mop day for me.
                                Glad it’s raining so I’m not tempted to garden

Enjoy your day peeps
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X