This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Another lovely cool night. Even Mr Snoop is sleeping better.

Off to do a bit more bramble clearance before it gets much too hot. Fortunately, the area I'm clearing is in the shade, but it still gets a bit warm to be out there, all covered up against scratches.

Might lawn bowls suit you better, Rary? Can't be easy doing ten-pin bowling with tingly fingers. And that strategic aspect might give you an edge, as well. As the saying goes, no point getting old if you don't get wise.

And with that, I'm high tailing it out of here!

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull here with rain on the way. I'm off to pick up apples again. Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all
        Bright and breezy here.
        Off out for a walk in the park and then a bit of gardening.
        Enjoy your day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

A dry day here with gusty winds and some sunshine so I'll be gardening and going for a stroll later.

enjoy your day
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

A dry start tothe day so we’re heading off out to a vide grenier. Only a small one, but it will be a nice change.
            Not really on the look out for anything, but there’s bound to be something I had no idea I desperately needed

Enjoy your day peeps! Anyone fancy a brew?
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all
              Have I sent my wind your way Bren
              Cool and cloudy here, out today but may be able to sort the gh later, couple of plants are not looking happy. Some warmth would help.
              Enjoy your day whatever you do.
              Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Not sure what's up with the weather forecasters, but it's supposed to be bright sun at the moment, but instead it's lovely and cloudy. Perfect for a bit more bramble clearance in a bit.

After that, I do need to settle to a bit of paid work. Definitely a nap this afternoon, though. Really enjoying those this summer.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here. Have a lovely Sunday

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    Another bright and breezy day.
                    Off to the church.
                    Have a good dayl

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• good morning all,sun just showing it's face,i had a giggle about the jam making,i once had a batch that refused to set i froze it in small bits to use as a syrup with what ever,the over boiled very stiff set,you cannot win them all,have a lovely day
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon all. Weather doesn’t know what to do today. One minute cool and cloudy the next sunny and warm!
                        washing machine went on the blink on Monday, new one arrived on Friday so spent yesterday catching up with laundry. Amazing what you gather in just a few days.
                        I’m guessing tumble drier will be next as it was bought at the same time!
                        Anyhoo hope you all have a lovely day. x
                        sigpic

Comment

• Two points for you Snoop, you dont need to be old to be wise, also that unfortunately, age doesn't necessarily bring wisdom, which i am sure my OH would be only too happy to point out to you🙄😕
                          Good afternoon, dry but cold today showing a temperature of 16c just now, with the possibility of rain shortly. Had a bad night last night, woke four times with pains in my hands, it has gone beyond pins and needles now and becoming quite a problem, I can no longer put my hand in my pocket and differentiate between the coins, it used to be that I could tell the vale of the coins in my pocket and pull out a ten pence coin when OH wanted the likes of a 50p to save her bursting a fiver, now i might pull out a pound which of course means she will use it and not give me the change😥 how does she expect me to buy her presents if I dont have money, not that Iwould make a habit of such things🙄 I dont think its a good thing to spoil a wife, it just builds up their expectations of you, better to keep the expectations low as normal😁, just going to get ready to go up to our sons for a coffee. Enjoy your day and find some smiles to pass on to others🙂🙂🙂
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all.

Nice cool start to the day. Bit breezy for bramble clearing - they're whipping about a bit in the wind and I don't fancy a load of scratches (or worse). Well, that's my excuse.

Plenty of other nonsense I can be getting on with instead.

Comment

• Good Morning Snoop and All. But breezy here, but fine. I was supposed to be at the Dentist this morning but they've rescheduled my appointment this morning to Wednesday, their mistake! I'd psyched myself up for it so a bit miffed Have a good day

Comment

• Good morning all.

Quite windy here, but no rain forecast, so I think I'll go strip the bed next and set the washer off.

Yesterday I decided to try and rescue an old favourite oversized shirt. It's white with a gold thread in it. It was hiding in the bottom of the laundry basket and had a selection of what looked like red wine stains and tomato seed stains all down the front. It ended up being washed with stain remover, then being bleached in the sink and then another quick wash in the washer but it now appears like new. (It'll probably fall to pieces tomorrow now.)

I was just wondering, Snoop, if you actually get any blackberries on your brambles with the heat and dryness or if they just grow simply to annoy you?

Ooooh! The sun has just unexpectedly appeared.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X