Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• morning,Snoop i cannot see smoke it's what the weather experts have said,i have noticed the skies are different,white grey,yet with sun having bursts of brightness ,more like you expect in winter,exept it's not cold,perhaps that what is causing the effect,there was a lady on here who gave us insights into the weather,cannot rember who,wonder if they still look in,any way not long got up,so better try and get the old body and brain moving whilst it still daylight,have a good day all
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning all.

Very breezy here, and quite cloudy. My second lot of washing is ready to go out so I'm hoping that the rain will stay away today. Yesterday we had some showers that were not forecast.

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
        there was a lady on here who gave us insights into the weather,cannot rember who
        You're thinking of Penellype, LD. Yes, she's still doing a detailed analysis of the weather for us. Most recent posts here:

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...39#post2583894

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Really sorry to hear there will be more delay, Rary. Have they moved you up the list given all the time you've been waiting? Or is that the standard waiting time? Could she suggest anything that might help in the meantime?
          Actually Snoop the young lady has cut corners for me, I should be moving on to another department to get referred for the tests, but she decided to bypass them and put me straight onto the test list, and if i let them know I am willing to take a cancellation I might get taken earlier, I just have to be patient, fortunately being married for a number of years I know how to be patient🙄😁
          Last edited by rary; 20-08-2024, 12:58 PM.
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon was out shopping this morning then a vist to our friend before heading home where I need to prepare for members of the garden club paying a visit tonight and no sooner back home and the heavens open and now have heavy rain, however not to be downharted it gives me an excuse for the garden not to be tidy, see theres always a silver lining😁 need to move and get some work done, I wish you all a good day and remember to pass on the smiles 🙂🙂🙂
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Bit late on parade today - sorry.

We’ve had a tremendous thunderstorm just now…rain bouncing off the road.
              We also had a prearranged cut in our electricity for a few hours this morning. OH had at least 6 text messages over the past couple of months from them- one info/warning when it would happen , reminders and then again yesterday as a final reminder…plus a letter!
              Reàlly good service!

I missed the massive super moon last night - just saw it during the night where I guess it was still a good size- just not very colourful.

Right…the ironing is staring into the back of my head so I guess I at least better make a start with it before it starts creeping across the room

Enjoy your day peeps…
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good news, Rary. Hope you don't have to wait long.

Comment

• All the best for your garden club visit Rary, will there be tea and cake.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    Looks like the wind has blown away the rain!
                    More work for me on the patio today, then weeding.

That should keep me occupied and out of mischief all day

Enjoy your day peeps whatever you get up to.

The smiles have just passed overhead….it looks like they had a rather large picnic basket crammed full , presumably to share en route to Rary….I’m fancying malt loaf or Jamaica ginger cake- I wonder if they’ve left some on the patio table?….* nips off to check
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.

No sunshine yet, but it does keep trying. Yesterday I had just brought my completely dry washing indoors when the heavens opened for a non-forecast heavy shower.

Today is haircut day for both of us. It seems to come around so quickly (every 7 weeks).

Comment

• Morning all.

No idea what the smiles had with them, Nicos. Certainly nothing from here. My kitchen is still pretty well packed away. I haven't made any bread or cakes for a couple of months and more.

I'm giving up reporting on the weather here. Yesterday, they were forecasting a decent probability of a decent amount of rain for tomorrow. Today they're saying next to no probability of a whole 0.3 mm of rain.

Mr Snoop and M are fitting windows this morning. Me, I'm back on paid work duty today. I've rather enjoyed doing lots of pottering about these last three weeks. But needs must.

Have a great day, everyone.

Have a

Comment

• Morning

A dull breezy day here no real plans just domestics and a Grory hop at some point.

Nicos i don't have malt loaf or Jamaica ginger cake but I do have carrot cake.

enjoy your day.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• If the sun doesn't appear and warm things up (we're having another non-forecast shower), I may resort to flicking the central heating on later. Is it really August?

I'm expecting a delivery from A**zon today. Something I ordered at 4am yesterday when I couldn't sleep. (Shopping from bed....A naughty new habit?).Depending on what time it decides it's going to arrive, and what time they deign to tell me, I might fit a grory hop in today too.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all. A dull and breezy day.
                                Snoop, the smiles wont be coming for a picnic here as we're forecast heavy rain.

Ginger cake Nicos, haven't had it in years, must go looking for it now..one of my favourites.

Looking at the forecast, I think it's going to be a domestics day.
                                Looking after my grandson later, he has just lost his second tooth so another €6 from the tooth fairy.

Have a good day whatever you're up to.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...