Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today was my turn for a cancellation....the hairdresser. She's rebooked us for next week however.

I've been and done a grory hop as A**zon are evidently delivering between 2.30 and 5.30. The middle aisle in Aldi lured me in with an electric scrubber. Usually I'm relatively immune to the middle aisle, but for £4.99 I had to give it a try. The last three gimmicky things I bought cheaply from there, a spray mop, a window vac, and a glass sided toaster I still use regularly. I particularly love to watch my toast turning brown.

Just trying to decide what I am going to cook this evening....there's nothing that I fancy.

Comment

• I'm the same GF, plus I'm having trouble chewing with a loose tooth! The dentist this morning booked me in to have it out, but not until the 16th of September, so it looks like a soft diet until then. It's a new dentist and she looked about 12. Very windy here at the moment and feels quite chilly.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good afternoon cold and wet today, have put the central heating on as outside temperature of 14c and constant rain gives a feeling of late autumn, definitely not a great summer this year. Last night went very well even with heavy showers, I have a home made outdoor fire made with a stainless steel tank 2ft. diameter by 3ft. high(61c x 91c) which means it can take a good charge of wood and with a 9ft chimney ensures any smoke is well out the way and once going gives a great heat and with two large sun shades to keep the rain off you it creates a very comfortable siting area, so everyone was quite happy to sit outside, unfortunately this meant i had to act as waiter with the tea/coffee and biscuits and cakes, and to crown it all I forgot to put out a box for tips😥 but very pleased about the comments about my garden, and all found my tomatoes very tasty and so different from shop bought toms, now off tomake the tea, so have a good evening no matter the weather and 🙂🙂🙂
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evenin ‘n’alln’all

Really chuffed you visit went well Rary.
          Absolutely love your description of your outdoor fire…any poss of piccies please?

Today didn’t quite go according to plan ( does it ever?)
          We finished off the pointing on the patio and decided to get another tin of surface sealant for tomorrow. No more in the shop- so we had to buy a different brand…needed 4 tins, but they only had two…ended up in town buying the other two from a different shop. Then ended up doing a large grory hop seeing as we were there.
          So no gardening done, but now ahead on shopping etc, so hopefully that’s saved a couple of trips out next week!…making more time for gardening!
          Win win!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening all. Well we didnt get the rain that was forecast, it just missed us and went northwards.
            So I am still carrying watering cans up and down the garden.

Flo, that's a long time to wait for an extraction, hope you're able to eat properly...maybe a few magnums. 😏

Nicos, at least you got what you wanted..more time to spend in the garden tomorrow.

Rary, it sounds like a great set up you have going there, they should be serving you.

Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Pre-mornin n’alln’all
              * tiptoes around…..

Guess who’s been wide awake for nearly 3hrs?
              Decided to get up and do some basic domestics as the house is a bit of a tip….probably because I’ve spent so long in the garden!

Well…I’m sort of glad as I’ve been looking at the really bright, almost full moon - we have no street lights here so the fields have been beautifully illuminated by it- so pretty.
              The birds haven’t started to sing yet as it’s not really dawn. So much later than only a few weeks ago.More nippy/ damp too….only 8C …yikes…Autumn is clearly on its way!

Flo…ouch…does it hurt?…can you wibblywobbly it and see if it will come out on its own?…that’s a long time to wait
              * wonders how much the tooth fairy leaves an adult?

Have a great day peeps whatever you get up to.
              No smiles yet…I guess they’re still snoozing?
              Last edited by Nicos; 22-08-2024, 04:53 AM.

Comment

• Morning Nicos, morning all.

Been up a while, as M made an early departure this morning, but nowhere near as early as you, Nicos. And I've not been very active since. Was hoping to take the dog out, but there are hunters about. She might have to wait till later.

Still looks like we've got fire smoke in the sky here. Was supposed to be moving on yesterday, but clearly it's not been as windy as forecast.

Good luck with your tooth, Flo. That is a while to wait. Love your suggestion of Magnums, Bramble. Will have to remember that for when it's my turn.

Sounds like your visit went very well, Rary. Yes, pictures of the fire would be interesting. As for tomatoes, I'm not convinced I'll pick any this year. Unheard of. Tiny fruit seem to start and then they just drop off despite reasonable watering. There's always next year...

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All It's a Frank day as I'm sure you can tell! I did have a magnum last night. The ice cream is easy, but the first bite was a challenge. No pain, just awkward Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's very windy and distinctly chilly here this morning. I've just realised we haven't used a fan this Summer at all and the way things are going the heating will be going on sooner rather than later.

I bought a couple of kilos of strawberries to make jam with yesterday, so that is one of today's jobs. If I make another batch at least Mr GF won't get quite as upset when I give the odd jar away. He can be very generous with some things ...... but definitely not with homemade jam. He had a mini panic yesterday when Aldi had none of their frozen uncooked croissants in store. He did calm down somewhat when I told him we already had 3 bags (8 in each) in the freezer.

Nicos, did you not get any sleep at all? Things must be dire to actually get up and do housework. Curl up with a book, do a crossword, browse Amazon, annoy Mr GF .....all normal to me ....but not housework!!! Did the ironing pile reach out and grab you?

I think I'll go and search for some jam jars. My main stash is empty. I'll have to find my reserve hoard. I just hope that I scrubbed and de-labelled them before putting them away.

Comment

• YehGF… I slept from 11ish until about 3.30
                      …tossed and turned for over half an hour- too tired to read- looked out of the window for a while listening to the owls, then made a brew hoping it would send me back off to sleep…tried reading again and suduko , but nothing was going in….lay there a bit longer then gave up and picked up the iPad…big mistake….( sleep wise) realised that we’d been recommended the wrong sealant for the patio …had to go to two different supply shops yesterday - miles apart - to get 4 tubs..so they’ll need to go back.
                      Having paid almost £200 for them I was fuming. Good product but not for our sandstone. Best alternative I found is in the UK….and we’ll be over there anyway next week.
                      Needless to say by that time Hibou was bouncing around so I let her out and just got on with domestics. And nope, no ironing yet, it’s due to rain tomorrow so I’ll attack it then.
                      Feeling shattered now- hopefully I’ll manage a siesta later.
                      No point in getting worked up about it at the time, but I hate being semi zombie- like during the day afterwards
                      Wish I knew the trick ….

Comment

• Morning
                        Still coughing here , what a wild night and so much rain. Not been out to check things yet but a heavy glazed pot blew off the step, hope it's ok.
                        OH has an online meeting so I will keep out of the way, not sure what I can do outside. Maybe sow seeds in the gh?

Would be better to say you would take a cancellation Rary, hopefully you'll get seen soon, you've gone way long enough now.
                        Last edited by Containergardener; 22-08-2024, 08:28 AM.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

It's wet with gusty winds here so won't be doing much outdoors today.

Rary its good to hear your garden club visit went well, I'm another who likes the sound of your outdoor burner.

You'll have to stock up on soups Flo nice and easy to eat especially pureed ones.

I'm jam making today GF blackberry and apple we're down to only one jar left. Plenty of raspberry and rhubarb though.

enjoy your day
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all. Dull and very breezy here.
                            Laundry is out and greenhouse plants are watered.
                            Some domestics and then a visit to my sister this afternoon.

Flo, the soup and the magnums should keep you going.
                            Maybe wiggle it out like Nicos said.

Lots of frozen fruit in the freezer to make jam but I will wait until the end of the growing season.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning its lovely and sunny this morning but just 14°
                              Gas Engineer coming to service boiler, visit from brother in law after that who knows.
                              Hope you all have a lovely day x
                              sigpic

Comment

• My dad used to tie a bit of cotton to our loose teeth to pull em out
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X