Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes, I surprise myself. I found a second stash of jars hidden away and apart from a few cobwebs, they were clean and de-labelled ready for use.

Now heading for the kitchen......

Comment

• The above are photos showing onions that I lifted today along with some in The greenhouse to dry, I have also posted a photo of my home made fire, which even if it doesn't look like it is made of stainless steel, I have had it in the garden for more than 25years and if I decide to cook on it, once the fire is good, a quick rub with a course or wire brush, water poured onto the top to sterilize the surface with boiling water and it's good for burgers😁
      I had fitted a door tn to it and the marking around the door is from the glue material I had used to stick a seal around the opening, also just to add it was moved into that space to allow OH space to hang a washing as the heat that comes off the fire would melt any plastic and burn the wood🙄😊
      Last edited by rary; 22-08-2024, 02:36 PM.
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
        The above are photos showing onions that I lifted today along with some in The greenhouse to dry, I have also posted a photo of my home made fire, which even if it doesn't look like it is made of stainless steel, I have had it in the garden for more than 25years and if I decide to cook on it, once the fire is good, a quick rub with a course or wire brush, water poured onto the top to sterilize the surface with boiling water and it's good for burgers😁
        I had fitted a door tn to it and the marking around the door is from the glue material I had used to stick a seal around the opening, also just to add it was moved into that space to allow OH space to hang a washing as the heat that comes off the fire would melt any plastic and burn the wood🙄😊
        No photos here, Rary.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

No photos here, Rary.
          The mouse pointer does turn to a hand in the top left corner of Rary's "empty" post, but clicking on it I get "invalid file specified". is that a file format thing, or a site permission thing?
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Rary we can't see your photos they are JSON files instead you need to upload your photos as a .jpeg otherwise we can't see them.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Its 2 different posts I had added the photos on a post but couldn't add any comments without getting problems so the post number for the photos is #12857 which I can see on my tablet,please let me know if you have that post number and showing the photos, or not as for changing the format? I havent a clue how to do that

​​​​​​
              Last edited by rary; 22-08-2024, 05:04 PM.
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Sorry Rary. Nothing to see, and I'd really like to see them.

Comment

• Maybe you could start by telling us what your device is, Rary.

Have you managed to post pictures from this device before?

Comment

• Morning all.

A relatively productive day yesterday. At long last I managed to get a computer I bought early April to update. Disabled the auto-update and clicked the update button myself. A last resort after multiple attempts. Now just have to install Office...

Quite a bit of work to get through before then, though. Clients will be back at work next week, so better be ready for them.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                      Its 2 different posts I had added the photos on a post but couldn't add any comments without getting problems so the post number for the photos is #12857 which I can see on my tablet, please let me know if you have that post number and showing the photos, or not as for changing the format? I havent a clue how to do that

​​​​​​
                      Rary I can't see your photos on my PC, iPhone or on my Kindle fire.

Post #12857 is one of my posts

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...62#post2583962

You have a blank post #12877

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...15#post2584015

Could one of your grandsons help you with this? because we would like to see your photos

Comment

• Morning

Gusty winds here from storm Lilian so the little wind socks getting bashed around so is our Silver birch tree not a nice day to be out and about.

Good news about your PC update Snoop, these things are so frustrating when they don't work how they're supposed to.

Stay safe and enjoy your day

Comment

• Good morning Bren your last post number on my kindle is #12866, which makes me wonder what am I missing🤔 reminds me of when I was a wee boy and my sisters would be looking at something but would keep it hidden from me with the words of "dont let him see it, he will break it" just think how that must have effected me when growing up😥😁 that aside I used an old kindle which is the one I have always used to post photos in the past ,I dont understand how the photo format has changed as it has not been used since I last posted a photo, so this shows just how confusing technology is, if I'm confused just think how it will be for an old person🙄😀😀
                          just to add you sneaked in with another post #12867😊
                          Last edited by rary; 23-08-2024, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Good morning from gale ridden Yorkshire. The howling wind and a crash woke me up at about 6am. I got out of bed and had a quick look through the windows (without my glasses). Nothing seemed amiss so I snuggled back into my lovely warm, cosy bed, thinking that Winter doesn't feel far away. A while later the sound of chainsaws woke me. I really should have put my glasses on earlier. Half a big tree had broken away and fallen about 50 yards away. It had also managed to take a lot of telephone lines with it, fortunately not mine though, which comes in by a different route. There are also assorted tree branches from other trees on the ground. I don't know if any cars were damaged by the big tree falling, but I didn't hear any alarms going off.

I don't think we'll be going out until the wind abates later, too dangerous! I can only remember 2 storms with as much wind as this, neither of them in England. During one of them I was aboard a boat🤢.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny but very windy here. I have a sea of apples on the garden and lots of tubs blown over. Better go clear up. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Late starting today. Slept better thankfully.
                                Thankfully theStorm just passed through briefly this morning…sorry to hear of damage etc… No doubt it’s going to add to the stress/ delays on the road for the bank holiday weekend travellers.
                                In a boat gf?I feel queezy just thinking about that. Especially as I’ll be on a Channel ferry myself in a week. Just missed it!…phew.

Not sure what today will bring- so many things on the list and my mojo seems to have taken the bank holiday weekend off
                                Anyone got exciting plans for the next few days?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X