• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Sunny here. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all. Its dry, grey and breezy,
      Several errand to run this morning so I will get those out of the way first,

Snoop, dont envy you eith so the dustbut I'm sure you'll get it sorted.

Bren, do you make jam or jelly from the blackberries?
      I feel a jam making dsy coming up soon.
      I just need to make sure I have enough jars.
      enjoy you're bank holiday Monday.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        Up and out with the larks this morning

Out again later to collect my sink for the garden…so excited!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
          Morning all.

Rary, I'll try and take a picture of the washing machine carcass and post it. Love the idea of your thread. Do you fancy starting one with your photos and a bit of a description of the things you've made
          It would be nice to see what you are referring to re the machine Snoop and posting photos of alternative use for things🤔 , well that would be NO😁😁
          Last edited by rary; 26-08-2024, 10:43 AM.
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
            Bren, do you make jam or jelly from the blackberries?
            I feel a jam making day coming up soon.
            I just need to make sure I have enough jars.
            enjoy you're bank holiday Monday.
            Bramble I don't eat any type of jelly including sweets so instead I make jam then run it through the Kenwood chef colander and sieve to remove all the seeds. Sometimes I add apples because this time of your we have lots.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yes Bren, I sieve out the pips as well, there are so many of them.
              It's a bit time consuming to be honest..but worth it.
              Must try adding some apple, thanks for that. 😃

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all,realy late in today,been a busy day,picked up son and daughtering law,they been doing things to help me,i now got the bread machine,and a soup maker is on order,need to eat different as i got into some bad ways the last several months,i even got some windows cleaned outside,so much better,i only hope my mojo is going to stick around,it realy helps when some of my family that genuinly care about me,night night all sweet dreams
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                  Yes Bren, I sieve out the pips as well, there are so many of them.
                  It's a bit time consuming to be honest..but worth it.
                  Must try adding some apple, thanks for that. 😃
                  Bramble it's messy cleaning up after sieving but like you say its worth it.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I’ve got my sink! …..I’ve got my sink !
                    So chuffed.
                    Now it’s a matter of designing a base support ( it was originally wall hung) using bits of old oak beams we have stored away. Then getting the tap height raised higher than the level of the sink.
                    So chuffed

For blackberry ‘jam’ I cook them in the microwave then mash them with the potato masher and run through a sieve. I find more juice comes out when they are hot/warm. Freeze in icecube trays until I have enough…
                    Then I make the jelly. Never thought about adding apples Bren.
                    I do have a juicer but it’s such a mess to clean up with such small amounts. Maybe I should just freeze the berries until I have enough…never dawned on me before!

Today is a domestics and weeding day - apart from that, probably making a brew for OH as he and his friend finish varnishing the shutters. One needs repairing so that will be good to have sorted out before the winter sets in.

Looks like we might be returning to painting windows and doors on the SW side of the house . The shutters are putting them to shame! Never ending is it?

Enjoy your day peeps whatever you get up to!
                    The smiles got here early to check out my sink…most impressed from their reactions! I’ve never seen a Smile do a backflip before
                    Last edited by Nicos; 27-08-2024, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

Backflip, eh? Those smiles must have been watching the Olympics.

Getting a bit hot here already, so won't dally. The dog has not been walked yet today and she's champing at the bit. Need to do a bit of watering as well and if I don't get on with it, the wasps will be out and about and after the water too.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Cloudy here with a bit of a breeze. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning.

I'm another who has a juicer, but it lives at the back of a big cupboard as it is awful to clean after use. I boil my blackberries up and let them drip through a jelly bag for a couple of hours, or overnight, before adding the sugar. I really ought to give the juicer away as I'll never use it again.

Hopefully, the (mobile) hairdresser who cancelled our appointment last week, will be here at 11am today.

We're still getting various telephone/internet companies appearing with cherry pickers and reconnecting their clients. Yesterday BT Openreach was lurking.

I think I'll delay a grory hop until tomorrow when the supermarket should have fully restocked all their shelves after the Bank Holiday.

Comment

• Morning, hope you are all well. We’re in Ayrshire at the minute it’s blowing a hoolie, autumn has arrived early I think!
                            My granddaughter (3yrs) has informed me she can’t come to Scotland to visit us until the winter as it’s her little friends birthday party in autumn. Fair enough I say!
                            Enjoy your day x
                            sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all,bit chilly here,glad you got your sink Nicos,that sounds like a real mess using juicers,tis bad enough when the jam splaters everywhere,same with the old way with beetroot,i have long since done any i want in the microwave,quicker and no mess,smiles with back flips eh not something i want to try,i do have a vauge recollection of hands on the floor and feet up the wall as a kid,navy knicker and all,them were the days,am off to pick up mojo and get the home goddess into action,have a lovely day all
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• So sweet Jay
                                I was chatting yesterday to my 3 yr old granddaughter who was munching Soreen at the time.
                                Ohhh says I…I love that!

We’ll buy you three Granny when you next come to visit.

Aww….

Hot here today so we’re busy in the garden.
                                I’ve given up on the ironing. It’ll be here when we get back no doubt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X