Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four more builder's buckets of small apples! Wish I liked cider. I've stewed and frozen16lbs already, but I'm running out of room in the freezer. Looks like an awful lot are destined for the green bin
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• That does seem a shame Flo, what about leaving some at your gate or contacting the local food bank, then here’s always Freecycle.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Flo, we have a community centre just up the road from us. They were always more than happy to take spare fruit and veg off me. They cook lunches for local elderly people as well as run playgroups, excessive classes, etc. I always knew that even courgettes would find a home somehow......exercise, not excessive!!
        Last edited by greenishfing; 29-08-2024, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Late on parade as I had a dentist's appointment this morning. Got there, had to wait ages and then the bridge hadn't arrived from the lab... Oh well, we got a lot of shopping in. First shop in three weeks. Both fridges empty pretty well apart from the jars of Chinese sauces and Indian condiments. Goodness knows how long they've been in there. Anyway, the fridges are now full and so is the freezer. So my primitive joy at having plenty of resources to hand is now on a high.

Might have a little doze now and then got on with some work.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Florence Fennel gin? Apple or Apple and Berry gin is nice.
            Northern England.

Comment

• Afternoon

A visit to the dentist here as well Snoop with a bit of shopping on the way home, not much else achieved today apart from dog walking and a bit of gardening.
              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 29-08-2024, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Good evening, had to take youngest grandson to the orthodontist this morning, we were doing quite well till he mentioned that he wants to get fit and possibly take up boxing, he said he would do a lot of exercising and take some protein drink, to which I replied that when I was boxing I exercised but just ate normal food and never took any protein drinks, his answer to that was "well I don't suppose there would be any protein drinks in those days" I don don't think he realises that his jacket is hanging on a shoogly peg😣 once i droppedhim off at school, back home to collec OH then up to the ch for the coffee morning, after that home for lu nch then went out to the garage to prepair some lights, while in the garage there was torential rain which lasted about twenty minutes, I later had to go and collect a prescription from the chemist for granddaughter before heading over to pick up oldest grand son , now relaxing for a short time before going to a church meeting, have a good evening folks and pass on some smiles 🙂🙂🙂
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning
                  Rather cool and misty today. The elusive sunshine forecast still hasn't got to us yet. We are forecast dry though, that's a start
                  I've loads of laundry and loads to do outside so hopefully a productive day ahead.
                  Dog walk to do, might need my gloves this morning otherwise it's my hands stuffed up my sleeves again until they warm up.
                  Hope to bbq later, optimistic
                  Brew anyone?
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

The suns and slowly moving across the garden, so it looks like being a good day here.

I'm already on my second mug of tea so just a top up please CG.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Morning all.

Rary, if your grandson took up cycling and running as part of his exercise plan, it might save some of your petrol costs!

Not much on the cards for me today. A bit of watering and paid work, plus domestics. Possibly a little nap, thirty winks, say.

I'll pass on the brew, but thanks for the offer, CG. I made myself a fruit tea early on and Mr Snoop has just made me a coffee. Even in the morning I have ice in it at this time of year. Won't be long before I go back to 'proper' tea and a milky coffee, as the temperatures at night are starting to drop now.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

I was awoken by yet another pair of Openreach engineers and their cherry picker. It was the yelling that woke me as they'd just managed to accidently disconnect somebody at the top of the pole.

I'm waiting for a text to say an item I've ordered has arrived in my local Screwfix. I used to shop there regularly and get constant advertising e-mails from them, but I haven't had any for ages. Their ordering system has changed now. I just hope they're still as efficient.

Conveniently, just around the corner from Screwfix is a favourite clothes shop of mine. I don't "really" need anything, but I might just have to investigate and see if they have a sale on.

Rary, I've never heard of a shoogly peg (and neither has my predictive text!)

CG, gloves already! It will be hats, coats and scarves next. I'm still clinging on to my sandals, although I did get my favourite pair of boots out from the back of a cupboard this week, to check they were ready for action.

Comment

• Gf cold fingers and toes. Often sit on my hands to warm them.
                            Wore gloves, much better .
                            Day has changed, mums Dr has prescribed stronger pain relief and printed off exercises for her so I need to drive over there to collect and take to mum.
                            ​​Will put washing out first.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning all, its bright and sunny.
                              Changed the bedding so sheets and pillowcases now blowing in the breeze,
                              Plants in the greenhouse all watered.
                              I am still wearing my sandles and haven't even thought about gloves yet.
                              I never heard of a shooley peg either.

Well this afternoon I have to go to the hospital to have a melanoma removed from my face.
                              I hope it's nothing more serious.
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, best of luck at the hospital bramble!
                                Shoogly peg must be a Scottish saying as I understand it.
                                It’s a dull 15° this morning but no rain forecast. OH and I decided to wash the car ourselves yesterday. Washed it all, dried it off with a chamois, looked lovely. Went indoors for a cuppa and down came the rain!!! Ah well at least it was a bit of exercise.
                                Enjoy your day folks! x
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X