Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck, Bramble. Hope it all goes well.

Sorry about the car, Jay. We did ours yesterday. Got home just as covered in mud dust off the dirt tracks as it had been before we bothered.

Comment

• All the best for your hospital visit Bramble xx
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Hope all goes well for you Bramble.
        Big decision to make about whether to sell the car in September when the insurance and test is due. Our youngest son has had it since March. Himself doesn't want to drive any more (I think he's agoraphobic). I don't drive, my family take me wherever I want to go. It's my biggest regret that I gave up lessons when the children were little.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
          Hope all goes well for you Bramble.
          Big decision to make about whether to sell the car in September when the insurance and test is due. Our youngest son has had it since March. Himself doesn't want to drive any more (I think he's agoraphobic). I don't drive, my family take me wherever I want to go. It's my biggest regret that I gave up lessons when the children were little.
          It's never too late to learn, Flo. One of my grandma's only learned after her husband died and passed her test.

Comment

• Hope your hospital visit goes well, Bramble.

Comment

• You could have a lesson or two Flo you never know you until you’ve tried. Then if that doesn’t work out you can then sell the car without any regrets or may have beens.

It’s been a lovely day here after some early morning domestics we’ve been walking then spent the rest of the time in the garden.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                It's been a beautiful sunny day here.

Thank you all for your kind wishes.
                I am back home, but it's off my mind now.

Flo, maybe give the driving a try, you might actually take to it.
                It's a useful skill to have under your belt,
                It also gives you some independence

have a good evening all.
                Good to hear everybody had a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening
                  The sun appeared and it was so so lovely to feel it.

Flo I say have a go with some lessons, may seem daunting but you will have independence without needing taken around.

Seems cooler tonight.

Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Another sunny dry day here a bit of a stroll then I'll be gardening.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Morning

A nip in the air and very dewy, greenhouse was showing it had been 5.8deg last night and was just 6 outside when I got up.
                      Full sun forecast , the bedding is in the washer and I intend to be outside all day. Could do with splitting some sedum and a million other jobs on my list and the grass needs a cut later too.
                      Kettle is on.
                      Off to walk and will take my gloves.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here. Thanks for your thoughts on the driving. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all. Looks as though it’s to be a lovely day today. Hope it’s the same where you are. Enjoy. x
                          sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Sorry to hear your mum's still in a lot of pain, MH. Hope the new medication and exercises help.

As for here, about five minutes ago, I checked the weather report and went up to tell Mr Snoop the good news, 100 mm forecast over the next week or so, with likelihoods in the 80 and 90%, so something should fall. Just got back to find the page has refreshed itself... Looks like we'll be lucky to have 5 mm. Fingers crossed it re-refreshes itself upward. I walk the dog and see every day how the woodland is dying. But now even the newspapers are reporting on it.

On the cards for today, a dog walk (very late today), bit of work, late lunch with a bottle of wine as it's the weekend. Maybe an afternoon film. Not a bad day, all in all.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all, the sun is shining and its 16 degs.
                              Its being a busy week so taking it easy today.
                              out for a walk this morning and a trip to the library this afternoon.

Snoop, enjoy your day, it's the weekend.
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

I've already been out to get a few things I needed as I got an email last night from a local shop saying they had raspberries on offer. They did. I will be making more raspberry jam, my new favourite jam, later today. Mr GF was moaning that it was cold when I dragged him out. Car heater on in August.....ridiculous!

I bought some new sundae glasses a few weeks ago. I got 4 and they have now all sadly broken. We've used them most days for strawberries and cream but none of the breakages were due to anything other than my clumsiness and their crap quality. I've got new ones arriving from A**zon later today. I'm now thinking I ought to look for some decent quality unbreakable ones though..... to join the unbreakable wine glasses.

I can now smell croissants so I'll go make coffee.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X