Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon it’s bright and sunny here not achieved much just laundry and pottering around in the garden.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I've now got another 4 jars of raspberry jam. Even better, once it came to the boil, it set in 7 minutes.

I'm trying now to think of what to make next.

Comment

• Afternoon all,Bramble glad you been done all the best,GF sit behind the car wheel and see how you feel,also think how you feel about the hoops one has to jump through prior to the test,then you will be fine,as am sure you know your way around,that is half the battle,good luck to you,family here again,they putting up some purchased shelving,from amazon,and reorganizing the garage space,i have been waiting for 3 plus years for this,so will know roughly where to find things,and have room for things at present hanging around the home,just waiting for a resting place,at my previouse home i had a whole attic floor,this will be so much better,as it is all on one level,there is already a strong metal work bench built in from previous owners,i am so blessed with my turn around of family,and the help i am getting from from my 2 younger sons,there are so many things to be done,the main thing is do not give up,when down,look for the light at the top of the tunnel and start to climb,change of note,i made a loaf ,it rose up sank before baking,it is edable,picked some more brocollie for the freezer,so pleasing,have a lovely afternoon all,
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening all, what a beautiful sunny day.
          Pottered around in the garden but I have to stay out of the sun.

Lottie, its lovely to have family around to help, it makes such a difference.
          Sounds like you're having a busy time at the moment.

I have never made raspberry jam GF but I might just give it a try.

Have a good evening all, I cant believe it's the last day of August already.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, have had a busy day today, starting with taking one of the grandsons to Kilmarnock where he was a volunteering at a charity race day, then back to pick him up just dropped him of when oldest grandson asked for a lift to another local town, mum dad and older sister who all drive, were out, dropped him off came home, then went and collected some burn sand, just back in the house when granddaughter phoned to see if i would pick her up as she had walked for ten miles then caught the train back home, the train failed to stop at the local station, so she had to get out at the next stop, and with no hus service, she didnt fancy the five mile walk back home, especially with a busy road the only way home, I am now going to have a nice cup of tea, disconnect and switch off all phones and nust let OH pamper me🙄 wonder if there will be a blue moon in the sky 😁 enjoy your evening andkeep smiling 🙂🙂🙂
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• What's happening to your bread, LD? Are you perhaps leaving it too long before baking it? Or some other problem? Lots of home bakers here. If you don't mind us sticking our oars in, we might be able to come up with a solution.

Hope the wound heals quickly, Bramble, and that that's everything sorted.

Comment

• Evening all,poor Rary,feet up cuppa and chill,Snoop re bread,it was in the machine,apparently,putting warm water can make the yeast peek and collapse before the baking time starts,it is edable,will try another day,my word son and d inlaw have done wonders today,i am so happy and blessed,sweet dreams all
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening

It’s been a nice sunny day until around 6-ish when the temperature dropped I had to wear a coat for our evening stroll ​​​​​ Could have done with my gloves as well.

Comment

• ^^^^^gloves 🤣
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all
                      Well it's rather grey and breezy from the east. I think it will be another gloves morning.
                      Hoping it's stays dry as will go and cut the grass at mum's and do whatever is required. Nedd to call for her shopping on the way.
                      If time later I may sow more seeds.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning CG, morning all.

Cool here. Not glove weather cold, but long trousers and cardie cool. We actually had a bit of rain in the night. Not much, but enough to leave the surface of the ground damp. The first time in months. Trying not to get my hopes up, but Tuesday looks like we might get a bit more. Fingers crossed. The smiles were glad of an excuse to put on their newish sou'westers. Not needed them round our way for quite a while and they were flibberty-gibbeting about earlier.

On the cards for today, paid work and an attempt to get rid of ants. I've read that they like flour but can't digest it, so am thinking about trying that. But a bit worried that they will like the flour and can digest it, so I'll just be encouraging them. If you've got any views, I'd be glad to hear them. Hoping not to put down sprays and powders because of the cat and dog.

Right on with the show. First off, coffee if anyone fancies joining me.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

A cloudy dull day here it almost feels like autumn

Snoop I've heard of using cornflour to deter ants something about them not being able to digest it.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's very grey and cloudy here, 16°C, with about a 50% chance of rain later.

Snoop, years ago, I seem to remember buying a spray in Spain that you only needed to spray once a year. You just sprayed it outdoors in a solid line around all doors, windows, and other access points. I'm sure it was pet friendly. It definitely worked as you could see the ants approach it and turn away. The only other permanent solution I've ever found is boiling water poured onto nests.

I seem to have found a bit of my mojo the last few days. I went rooting in the back of a cupboard yesterday and found 16 more jam jars, all clean and ready for sterilising, sometimes I surprise myself!

I think croissant time is not far away as there's a part jar of the raspberry jam wants using and I think it will be a very suitable accompaniment.

Comment

• Good Morning All Very dull here. Have a lovely Sunday
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Pinch, punch, first day of the month 😁

Snoop, flour won't kill ants, nor will cornmeal or cornflour. Bicarbonate of soda will, but the trick is to get the ants to eat it. It needs to be mixed equal parts with icing sugar.

I must make some raspberry jam too, GF, it's my favourite jam after blackberry. I'll have to buy some rasps as my 4 bushes don't give me enough, probably because so few berries make it as far as the kitchen
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X