Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• morning all,sun trying,picking family up shortly,another few hours helping mum,have a nice day everyone,hope nicos has arrived safe
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Thanks, GF and MH. I thought the flour trick was too good to be true.

We bought that spray when we first moved in. Will get some more.

Thanks for that tip, MH. Will try that today.

Comment

• Good morning all. A very dull morning here.
        Snoop, I dont have any tips for getting rid of ants but hope Mothhawks tip works.
        Hope you get some more rain.

Lottie, great that your help is ongoing.

My daughter brought me a box of jam jars yesterday so I will have plenty when the time comes.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon, it’s dull, windy and feels much cooler than the 17° it’s meant to be!
          Domestics today and shopping tomorrow. We will be visiting our granddaughter soon and she has requested we bring her a doll much to her mother’s disgust. She has never liked dolls even as a youngster, gave her the creeps. With that in mind we are going doll shopping
          Enjoy the rest of your day folks. x
          sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, dull and cool here, was over the fields earlier and still no brambles for picking, definitely the worst summer😕 now just sitting having a coffee and pondering what has surprised GF, was it the finding of 16 jam jars or the fact that they were clean🤔 I'm leaning toward the finding, though I suppose even I could be wrong😏 was at church this morning and once back home we had a plate of porridge for lunch, then out to the garden where I have decided ti cover the veg beds with enviromesh, not so much to keep pests off my crops, more to see if it will build up some heat, I have had leeks in since mid July and they are not moving and am convinced its due to lack of heat so dont have that much time to build up some heat and get them growing, coffee is finished so will get back out to the garden and try and finish off my work, keep smiling and remember topass them on🙂🙂🙂
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Oh Rary ,you are so wrong. I actually knew the jam jar stash was there. There is still one more stash that I hope I don't need as it would need major disruption to reach it. I also knew I'd promised myself several years ago that I wouldn't store any jars until they were in reusable condition, even if they sat in my kitchen until they drove me to distraction.

I couldn't actually remember if I had stuck to my promises........evidently I had this time..

Comment

• Well done gf. I got rid of a load a few years ago as I stopped making anything. Women have their ways and men have no idea
                Northern England.

Comment

• Jay, I had to smile when I read your post. My niece, sister's little girl, took delight in tearfully telling her aunties that her mummy wouldn't let her have a dolly when she was two or three years old. Obviously she was inundated with dolls, dolls clothes, prams, cribs, etc that Christmas. My sister, no doubt rebelling against our own upbringing only bought her unisex toys and clothes.

Never has a case of nature versus nurture come out stronger in favour of nature.....or was it just rebellion?? For years, everything had to be pink. Pretty dresses were all that she would wear, and she was the most girly girl imaginable.

Comment

• Morning all.

I had a Sindy. Pulled her head off to see how it fitted, but it was soon put back on by my dad before my mum saw. She came with lots of clothes knitted by my grandmother, including a wedding dress. I was fascinated by the pair of little plastic high-heeled shoes. Not sure what became of her.

The rain is being very Spanish. Mañana, apparently. Amount is dropping too. But so are night-time temperatures. Going to be in single digits before long. Very cool in my basement, but Mr Snoop is still trying to busy himself with some work in the kitchen, so it will be a while before I can move back upstairs. I say 'trying to busy himself', as he's tested positive for Covid. He's not doing very well. Fingers crossed I don't get it, as it wasn't much fun first time around and it looks like Mr Snoop is worse this time.

Right, on with the show. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning
                      I still have my alot of my toys, Sindy's (cut their hair, coloured it, gave them punk looks and make up at times), even have the horse, fisher price toys , books too. Alot have been played with by next generations as they're at my mum's house. My truck that you learn to walk and push with wood blocks in is still in use.
                      Alot of toys now just don't last.

Anyway
                      It's grey here, rain later. Will I get some seeds sown ?
                      Hope Mr S improves and you can avoid it Snoop.

Already raining
                      Last edited by Containergardener; 02-09-2024, 07:00 AM.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

A misty damp day here.

I've got the doll I had for my 5th birthday, she's rubber with moulded hair and stiff arms/legs not very appealing so neither our children or grandkids bothered playing with her.

Snoop fingers crossed you don't catch Covid and a speedy recovery for Mr S.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Cloudy here and rain expected. I have the company of a ginger Tom from a few doors away at the moment. He's very aloof, but today has chosen to sit opposite me at the kitchen table! Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.

I hope Mr Snoop recovers quickly and isn't generous with his germs, Snoop.

It's very grey and murky here this morning. It says 17°C, but doesn't feel anything like it.

I've got the Christmas pudding recipe out and put half a block of butter to freeze, ready for grating. It's one of my brother in law's birthdays on Friday and they are his favourite food.....it doesn't matter what time of year it is. They are easy to make, apart from grating the butter. I don't know which is worse .....grating it by hand or using the food processor and having to clean it afterwards.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              Its pouring rain here so it looks like a domestics day.

Snoop, Sorry to hear Mr Snoop is unwell and hopefully you can avoid it,

I bought my two granddaughters dolls when they were small and I still have them here
                              When you joined their hands they spoke.
                              Now that she's grown up she tells me she was spooked by the doll speaking.

Have a good day and enjoy the sunshine if you have it.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• After much searching, I've now found 4 half pint pudding basins and discovered I have everything I need, even a new jar of mixed spice.

However, being in ultra organised mode😇 I decided to order some new basins online ready for the festive season when I'll need more. This time I've ordered red ones. I also discovered they're quite a bit cheaper to buy direct than from a certain big online company.

I had to break off then. My neighbour was at the door with a bottle of prosecco, apologising that she is still "pinching" my internet, as she is still not reconnected. Her terrible company is "ta*kt*lk and unfortunately she is trapped in a contract.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X