Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon, we have rain here and it looks like it’s not stopping. So no gardening today.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon, heavy rain here at present,hope it will be off by this evening as I will be out at meeting with the Burns Club, I am hoping that the speaker will be available in a few months time to give a talk at the garden club, as its a talk about the old miners raws (rows) and how life was staying in them, some people consider it a history talk, where I think it was just yesterday when I was delivering milk to the doors before going to school😕
      I am shocked by your statement gf, here was me thinking no one else would just rinse out jam jars and hide them out of site🙄 and Flo it must be nice to have someone of the opposite sex and to sit and listen to you, even if its a cat😏 and befw any one asks no I never played with dolls. No off to check the programme for the Gairdin Club tomorrow, enjoy the rest of the day, keep safe and keep smiling🙂🙂🙂
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• afternoon all,poor MR Snoop hope you manage to dodge it MRS Snoop,i got lots of jam jars,now i got some storage shelves in the store it place,i can put em in a container till wanted,then i got room for other things in the kitchen cupboard,that sounds brill,son and DL still busy,will be here most days,now having an make over in in the conservatory,took the curtains down for a wash,my word,1 0f 4 90x90,just fit in the machine,they are a heavy nightmare to get dry,next time they can go to be dry cleaned,gosh they are heavy,it has been fairly warm all day here,now we got rain,we do need a drop,but has stapped a bit of outdoor work for son
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• evening

The rain stopped and we have sunshine

I spent sometime in the garden then collected lots of tomatoes and they're now roasting in the oven along with some garlic and oregano. They do smell good.

enjoy your evening

Comment

• Good evening all..Well nothing done in the garden. It rained the whole day and it's still drizzling now.
            Domestics done but it wasnt a very uplifting day.

Lottie, delighted to hear you're getting help and those curtains sound heavy, hope you can get them dry.

Bren, I can almost smell those roasting tomatoes from here, one of my favourite dishes.

Rary, enjoy your Burns club tonight,..

Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
              Good evening all..Well nothing done in the garden. It rained the whole day and it's still drizzling now.
              Domestics done but it wasnt a very uplifting day.

Bren, I can almost smell those roasting tomatoes from here, one of my favourite dishes.

Have a good evening all.
              They're one of my favourites as well Bramble, thinking about it I prefer them roasted better than fresh.

Comment

• ^They're better for you roasted than fresh too, as cooking them results in more lycopene.

Comment

• ^^^I didn't.know that.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• evening did another wholemeal loaf ,it is great,must have been the warm waterthat made it peak to early before,so from now on it is cold,tomorrow will do a white one,and curtains,done the other 2 today,and they came out much drier,so what went wrong with the first two ask another,for the first time in months i have felt more my old self,even got the paint cans out,some are no good,will look at the others in the morning,it's only one end and a bit at the oposite,then the carpet that was in the lounge and dinning room when i moved in,can be put down,it will be a nicer place to sit and see the garden from,going try for an earler bed time,sweet dreams all
                    Last edited by lottie dolly; 02-09-2024, 08:24 PM.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all
                      Sounds like you are all planned LD, I need to do some painting too.
                      A misty 6 degrees, isn't it quick how that nip appears. Mixed forecast but trying for a laundry session first, office work and outside to slot in hopefully.
                      Enjoy your day.
                      Last edited by Containergardener; 03-09-2024, 06:03 AM.
                      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Rain here until lunchtime so domestics this morning.

Congrats on your loaf LD I've never used a bread maker but heard good results from them. How's your soup maker working out ?

enjoy your day

Comment

• Good morning all.

Grey and drizzly here. I awoke in a very good mood. In my dream Mr GF had built me a rather impressive swimming pool, although I was the one putting together a ladder to get in and out.

I steamed the four birthday puddings last night. I'll wrap them later today.

Being in super organised, got my mojo back, mode and remembering that when I saw my little brother at the beginning of the year and he was moaning about how much he misses "proper" Christmas pudding, I, in a weak moment, told him I'd send him Christmas pudding this year. Last night I decided to investigate postage options to ........ Australia. Shock! Horror! Maybe I should have told him I'd email him the recipe. I doubt he'll be getting four of them.

I'm just deciding whether to do a grory hop today or tomorrow. I'm hoping Aldi have got their uncooked frozen croissants back in stock.

Glad you've got the breadmaker sorted, LD.

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzling here. You all sound busy, makes me feel a bit guilty - I've been languishing in bed until now, reading Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all. Dull here but its dry.

Have a chill out morning Flo, we all earn one now and again.

Container garden, sounds like you have a busy day ahead.

GF, I would be thinking of mailing him a slice of pudding with recipe attached,

Off out to my line dancing, have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Glad everything is going well, LD. Good to hear about the breadmaker. And glad you're in full mojo mode, GF.

I've done next to nothing so far today. Like a kid at school looking out the window at snow, except in my case it's rain! Proper rain. The ground is so hard and dry that it's all running off straight down the valley. But more is due this afternoon and tomorrow (fingers crossed), so with any luck it'll start to soak in. Very late now, but I'm tempted after all to get some plug plants for winter veg.

Right, better get a move on. It'll be lunch time here before I've even looked at any work let alone done some.

Have a great day, everyone.

Edited to add:

Thanks for the best wishes for Mr Snoop. So far no Covid for me. Fingers crossed about that too.

GF, how about telling your brother you'll make the puds if he pays the postage? That'll test his commitment to proper Christmases!
                                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 03-09-2024, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X