Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all, the sun is shining and its 14 degs.
    Grory hop this morning and a trip to the post office.
    Looking after my grandson this afternoon.

Snoop, good to hear Mr Snoop is on the mend, fingers crossed you avoid it,
    Good to hear you're getting a good bit of rainfall,

Lottie, so much achieved in the last week, it's amazing what can be done with family support.

Jay, I hope your day goes well, enjoy your snooze, it will help pass the time.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, have had a mixed weather today,we were out earlier, for coffee at a GC then due to road works we took a detour which took us into heavy rain, almost brought us to a halt the wipers at top speed was having difficulty clearing the screen so just going to pull off the road when the rain stopped, and still folks speeding, I have driven all over Scotland for the hill walking, and at various times of the day, but I always drove at speeds suitable to the road conditions, evidently some folk think that they could stop on a sixpence (moan over) Hopefully you dont have covid Snoop possibly just a head cold, though even that can take the wind out you sails. Wishing you well for the check-up Jay, as for preparing for the end of December, the 24th. is time enough, actually managed to get my grass cut this afternoon, which I am happy about, and of course it was cut along with quite a bit of cardboard so gives a good mix of greens and browns, now going out to collect some veg to make a stir fry for tea this evening, enjoy the remainder of the day and keep the smiles close🙂🙂🙂
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon

Grory hop went of fine, hardly any other shoppers so a quick in and out. We've been out for a stroll because todays predicted rain didn't happen.

Hope it all went well for you at the Hospital Jay xx

enjoy your evening.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Hope you're feeling okay, Jay.

Snoop, I hope you're still avoiding the Covid germs.

It's felt on the chilly side today. I actually gave in and put the central heating for half an hour..... just to check it was still working. It's been drizzling on and off all day but in between I've nearly got my bedding dry.

I've just had a delivery of a dozen red pudding basins. I've put them "safe" until needed.

I also posted my brother in law's present. The queue in the post office was so, so slow and therefore I've just ordered some label sheets so that, in the future, I can, hopefully, print my own postage. The last time I bought some label sheets was about 20 years ago. After about 15 years they did start to lose their stickiness though and are now happily all gone.

Comment

• It has been glorious here today apart from an attempted shower which came to nothing , not even any wind.. At one point it was completely silent other than the sound of bees
            Enjoyed my time outside but I'm a tad stiff now.

Jay I hope your treatment went OK.
            Rary I don't know about you but I think the driving these days is shocking . What happened to folks driving?
            Northern England.

Comment

• Good evening all.
              Well it really was a day of two halves. A fine sunny morning. We went to the old cemetary to tidy up my grandparents grave. While there I got a bag of crab apples, about a kilo of blackberries and a bag of rose hips that were ripe...delighted and an unexpected bonus.
              This afternoon we had thunder, lightning and horrendously heavy rain.

Jay, I hope your day went well and your back home now.

Rary, I totally agree with you about the madness on the roads, I have come to hate driving.

GF, a dozen pudding bowls should keep you going for a while.

Have a good evening all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening, thanks everyone for the good wishes. All went well at the hospital and managed a wee snooze. That’s me for two weeks…yay! A bit tired tonight so off to bed early.
                Hope you don’t have Covid snoop!!! Keeping my fingers crossed.
                Enjoy the rest of your evening folks! x
                sigpic

Comment

• Morning all
                  Quite a breezy night in fact it still is and cloudy, no matter as I'm off to grory hop anyway. Need to bake a bread too.
                  Kettle has boiled.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Morning

Its wet and windy here so no gardening today, just some harvesting instead.

Good to hear things went well yesterday Jay take care xx

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, it’s a sunny 13° so far. Domestics for me this morning then a lazy afternoon
                      Enjoy your day folks x
                      sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Glad everything went well at the hospital, Jay. What a lovely thing to have all that family support, LD. Glad things are coming together for you.

Thanks for all the Covid well wishes. Got some symptoms, but nothing severe. So I'm getting off lightly, I reckon.

As for the driving, when we first arrived here, we were amazed at how close people drive. But last time I was back in the UK, we did a lot of driving about and I was shocked as to how things have changed in the UK. Everyone driving so close together with nowhere near enough breaking distance, even when the cars were being driven fast. Traffic injuries and fatalities are still generally going down (though on the rise in comparison with the Covid year). But given the change in people's driving habits, I'm guessing that's more because of safety improvements to cars rather than better driving.

Right, that's enough putting the world to rights. Time for a lie-down. I'm giving myself a lazy day today.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's a grey, wet one with a very Autumnal feel.

Every night before I go to bed I have a good look outside to see if I can see any hedgehogs. For a couple of months now .....nothing. Suddenly two nights in a row I've spotted a big hedgehog trundling around. I really love to see them.

I think a grory hop is in order today. I got an email from a local supermarket yesterday and one of their offers for this week is Mr Kipling mince pies. I was moaning to Mr GF about mince pies in September, his response was he wants some. I'll get him some, but maybe I should think about making some mincemeat as well. I made Delia's recipe last year, but in the slow cooker, and was really pleased with it.

Rary, I completely agree about the loony speed merchants. Some seem to completely lack common sense. As for the young idiots flying around on electric scooters with no regard for anybody, pedestrian, or driver, the sooner they are banned, the better.

Happy to say that the rain has now stopped, although there's no sign of the sun and the wind is strong.

Comment

• Morning all,yesterday was very busy,all the best Jay thinking of you,hope you ok to Snoop and glad mr is on the mend,some soup on the way with the not so wild smiles,baking gifts for the C season is a lovely idea,have done it myself in the past,hard work but worth the delight on the faces,insead of ohh not again, done a white loaf yesterday realy proud of it,maybe i can now say i can bake bread,never to late in life to get it right hehehe,also done several cakes,of to pick son up shortly,then get ready for my afternoon out,then hopfully ........start on the curtain transformation,the space is looking lovely now,even got twinkly lights up,had em for a couple of years,so better late than never,have a good all
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzling here. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all. Bright and sunny here after all the rain we had last evening.

Jay, glad your day went well for you, take it easy today.

Snoop, a rest day is good, recharge the batteries,

Off to visit my sister today so not much gardening will be done.
                                Have a good day all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...