Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a cool start this morning, but sun came out about 11 and has just got warmer as the day progressed, strung up all my onions and cleared out some crocosmia, I intended to do some work on my replacement gate but decided to just enjoy the sunshine, though I have been planning changes in the greenhouse, instead of one large bed I am thinking of making 4 small beds 15in. wide by 30in. long that way I can play about with different feeds to see if there is any great difference in growth, taste and harvest, so working on that over the winter shoukd keep me busy and therfore might avoid housework๐Ÿ™„ OH is talking about getting all the cupboards and drawers cleaned out, this is to save the children any bother if/whenwe are not here, dont understand hat I recon I have another 40 years yet๐Ÿ˜ see how lucky some of you will be๐Ÿ˜ right off to make the tea. Keep smiling and pass them on๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚
    โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
      We had a lovely sunny day here and the temp went up to 22 degs.
      After I came back from the hairdressers I was asked to look after my grandson for the afternoon.
      We ended up going to the toy store...He has been asking for the junior monopoly game.
      So, spent the evening playing monopoly.
      Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• good evening all,oh dear Snoop,not funny is it take care,the weather here has been miserable and murky all day,and not long ago did not stop to rain,it hammered it down,son hung the last curtain up by 7 pm,it all looks realy cosy now,done shopping for the snacks and cake get together,so tommorrow morning it will be knock some food up then vacume,and clean the bathroom,then get me tarted up,i am realy gratefull for the help i am having,had 2 lots of bread fail today,it is the yeast fail,we put some into warm water and sugar,and not one sing bit of fiz,never mind,i got some in the freezer for me,but had to buy some for my 81 get together,sweet dreams all
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning

Rain and thunder here for today, plenty of indoor hobbies to keep me occupied.

Rary I like your greenhouse plan it'll be interesting to see what difference it makes to the harvest.

Enjoy your family and friends get together Lottie.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning Bren
            Enjoy your day LD.
            Are you crocheting still Bren?
            Rary, what are our going to grow in our beds?

Cloudy here, hope it doesn't rain yet. Better get out with the dog. Will go amd cut mums grass providing it doesn't rain and take her some shopping.
            Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzling here but quite warm. Have lovely Sunday
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• CG not crocheted anything recently, yesterday I did sew the ends in on a scarf I'd finished earlier looking at the drop in the weather I might need it soon. What are you working on just now I'm a bit stuck what to crochet next, I've only made small items up to yet.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• good morning all,i feel a lot happier now things are nearly back as i want,going to pick son and DL up now,its is my birthday to day,hence the get together,will look in later,when i have a feet up between things,have a lovely day all,there will be nibbles,cake,tiramisue coffee and tea later on so feel free to dive in
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• A truly dismal morning again, grey and rainy. The forecast for midweek is predicting night time temperatures of 6ยฐC. I'm sure it won't be long before my car starts giving me frost/ice warnings. Having to scrape the windscreen usually gives me a clue!

Yesterday I decided to take down and wash some ornaments that were well overdue for a clean. They look great now but unfortunately everything else now looks grubby, particularly as I also took down a glass lampshade and washed it. I am even contemplating doing some decorating this Winter. I really like wallpapering but can't stand the smell of gloss paint. I'm just wondering how long this phase is going to last.

I think I'm going to put the central heating on next.

Comment

• Happy birthday Littie, I hope you have a wonderful day with your family.

Good morning all, its dull but its dry.
                      Going to church and then out to lunch with some of the family.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Have a lovely day with your family Lottie, Happy Birthday x
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Happy Birthday LD. Have a great day.๐ŸŽ‚๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿพ

I'm still in this weird cleaning mode. Among other things I've got the window vac out and cleaned all my mirrors, including the full length wardrobe doors and the insides of all my windows.

Comment

• Happy Birthday, LD ๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿ™‚- queen for a day! Hope someone else is cooking today.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good afternoon, a nice warm sunny day here, just home from church and having a quick bite to eat before going out to sit in the sun for having a lazy day today, well thats the plan just now. Cg at present I have a large raised bed in my greenhouse where I grow my tomatoes, along with cucumbers, peppers basil lettuce and marigolds, I intend removing the bed and constructing an other four smaller beds in which I will grow different varieties of tomatoes, but more importantly I can try different soils and feeds, on thinking on this I was going to plant the different varieties in single beds but to get a more accurate assessment I think I need to grow three or four different varieties in each bed, I just need to have the same variety in the same position in each bed, well thats my plan just now๐Ÿ˜€ I dont understand why you didnt know that, I thought all OHs could read the minds of men, ere has been many times over the years where my OH has turned to me and said "Dont even think on doing that" and thats without me saying or doing anything๐Ÿค” women are funny and hard to fathom. With that I will wish Lotty a happy birthday, and everyone else a pleasant day and lots of smiles๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon all.

First off: best wishes for a very happy birthday, LD. Hope you're having a lovely time. And yes, I'd love a piece of cake and a cup of tea.

Rary, wives only know what their own OHs are thinking. It would be too much to know what other wives' OHs are thinking too. We'd never get anything done for worrying.

GF, make the most of the cleaning mode while it lasts. In my experience, it's very short-lived.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X