This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Breezy and cloudy now and rain forecast later. From the bedroom window I can see the wood pigeons in the ivy in a nearby damson tree raising yet another brood. No wonder there are so many about.

Have a good day all.
    Last edited by mothhawk; 10-09-2024, 07:19 AM.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Windsocks doing a happy dance there's a cold wind here today so it was a bit fresh when I nipped out for breakfast raspberries.

enjoy your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Bit breezy here too, Bren. In fact, it's feeling very autumnal. Had a lovely walk with the dog this morning. She's enjoying the cooler temperatures too and is very bright and jolly. She and Frankie the Menace are soon to be joined by a kitten, a tabby with white bib and socks. She's already got a name, Mitsy. Fingers crossed Frankie isn't too rough with her.

Definitely feeling a lot better now, LD. Still got a bit of brain mist (wouldn't go so far as to call it brain fog, but definitely not quite right).

Mr Snoop has gone into the village on assorted missions, one to price up stainless steel chimney fittings so we can get the little range back into service. I'm holding the fort and pretending to work. Better get on with it...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Ginger Tom as come to visit and is asleep opposite me! Welcome Mitsy, hope Frankie takes to you. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning, cool and breezy with some heavy showers this morning, OH will be going out shortly with some of her old work mates, thankfully I wont be with her, imagine the noise of half a dozen women talking, it would probably burn out my hearing aid, anyway hope the rain stays off while she is out as I want to clear some gutters and it would just lead to some arguments if she saw me up the ladders, need to go as OH is heading out now, have a good day and pass on the smiles🙂🙂🙂
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Try not to come a cropper Rary!
              Last edited by Florence Fennel; 10-09-2024, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Rary, be careful up that ladder.

It's been raining here all morning so nothing done outdoors
                The weather looks set to pick up this afternoon so I hope to get out to the garden.

Snoop, I hope Frankie well be kind to Mitsy and play nicely.
                Enjoy your day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hi All,
                  Dull, overcast and a bit breezy at the moment in Leamington Spa, but last night about 12.30a.m. while walking the dog rather chilly again.

It seems that the weather is well on the turn for Autumn, the leaves have been coming off the trees in droves for the last few weeks giving the appearance of mid October never mind late August/ Early September.

Geoff.
                  Last edited by 1batfastard; 10-09-2024, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Watch out for slippery ladder rungs, Rary. No staying up there once it starts raining. No "I'll just finish this last little bit".

Comment

• Rary I hope you didn't get caught up that ladder by your OH
                      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 10-09-2024, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Morning
                        The sun is shining but there is quite a nip in the air.
                        Enjoy your day.
                        Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning All Nippy here too, but it's stopped raining. Frank sitting today. Have a good day

Comment

• Morning

Sunshine here as well but cool with it. My GH overnight low was 7c so I'm glad I closed the door, might have to start doing that from now on.

Grory Hop at some point today.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright here but a strong cold wind. Cold enough to shut all the doors and windows and take down the mozzie net. It's a relief for us when it goes up at the start of the season and a relief for us and the cat when it comes down at the end.

Lots of work today. Saving the grory hop for tomorrow, as it'll be cloudy so food won't get warm in the car - it's quite a trek back from the big shops. Might even manage some frozen food.

Our firewood supplier has crocked his back. Not sure what we'll do now. We have loads of snow-felled pines but not great wood. We could get someone else and pay through the nose, I guess.

Right, that's enough pondering. Better get on with the work and placing an order for yet another Kallax. Mr Snoop has bought into the idea that getting storage cabinets will somehow mean our lives are suddenly better and better organised. I only wish that were the case. He has rather a hoarding habit and I have a bit of a cookware and recipe book addiction...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.

I have slept so, so well and woke up all cosy and relaxed, without an ache or pain, ready to take on the world😀. A rare and wonderful event.

It's quite windy and overcast with rain forecast in the next hour, 88% chance, but the sun keeps trying to find gaps in the clouds.

It is Mr GF's birthday in less than a month. Yesterday, I was looking at heated throws as an idea. Well, actually, I was looking at thermal socks and sort of got distracted. Have any of you got one, had one, and if so, would you recommend them?

Snoop, good to hear that you're improving.

Rary, I'm surprised Mrs Rary doesn't tie you to the table leg to keep you out of trouble.

I ought to go to the supermarket today as the fridge is looking a bit bare.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X