X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all
    Lovely to be back home again….
    Not had a chance to read back sorry..just hope all is going well with everyone?

Did ya miss me?

Trip over to the uk to help the children with various tasks , so we’re back home again looking forward to a rest!
    The campervan went really well , but having driven up some very steep single track lanes we now realise we need the hand break checking out!

I’ve pigged out of so many yummy things I can’t get here- and brought a few things back too yummy yum! ( including the ‘Xm@s word
    ‘ things ….is it too early to mention that still?)
    I’ve done a quick tour of the garden/ potagers and it looks like there has been quite a bit of rain since we’ve been away.
    Loads of beans and courgettes and lettuce needing consuming or freezing and windfall apples needing attention.
    Thankfully the grass hasn’t grown as much as we were anticipating…but the weeds have more than made up for that
    Its lovely having a tour of your garden isn’t it when you get back from hols…..much more exciting than unpacking and washing etc

Have a great day peeps…do be grateful for what you have and as Rary reminds us…pass on a smile xx
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• The puddings associated with the word that is still supposedly not to be said have been mentioned, Nicos. And some seasonal gifts have already been wrapped, apparently. I shall mention no names but the guilty parties know who they are...

Comment

• Morning All,
        Wow! amazing myself today with being on line so early plus my two T-shirts arrived, one a Crimbo presi for the daughter, so a good start to the day.

The weather seems to be safe a light breeze but someone is messing about with the Sun switch again at the moment (Touch's wood). Last night (1a.m.) though it was that cold I could have sworn it was going to freeze and as I watched (live) the debate between Mr Trump and Mrs Harris I never walked the Dog but I'll extend that tonight.

Like many out in the garden after a cuppa while the rain is at bay in a bit, as Nicos - (Welcome home!) said plenty of windfall apples to pick up, Sun's out feeling good what could possibly go wrong ?...

Geoff.
        Last edited by 1batfastard; 11-09-2024, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• Nicos hasn't read back so lets pretend that she's the first to say the Xm@s word.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Hi Nicos and welcome back.
            Touring the garden is always the first thing I do when I get back from holidays.
            Everything seems to grow well once you take your eye off it.

It's a bright sunny and breezy morning here.
            The overnight trmp dropped to 6 degs.
            Out for lunch with my friends today so cant see much being done in the garden,
            Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Now you've said it too, Bren. You can't fool me with that @ symbol. Honestly, am I the only mod setting a good example here?
              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 11-09-2024, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Hi All,
                OOOHHH! Have I made a fauxpas ? am I the pudden ?.........

Geoff.

Comment

• Well I'm guilty as charged
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I know I'm a guilty party here. I'll go stand in the stocks and you can all throw soggy veg at me.

Welcome back Nicos!

Comment

• I'm hiding in the Glory Hole GF - they'll never find me in there, don't tell anyone where I am
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Oh well…in that case I can now say Xmas! ( funny having a C word beginning with X….)

I did buy some Cranberry Jelly for this Xmas…my homemade never quite matched up to the bought jars ( nor loganberry jelly either as a substitute)
                        Much as I generally prefer homemade ( no additives of course) just sometimes it’s nice to buy in the culinary memories

Great to be back peeps!…I missed your chirpy faces

Comment

• Oh no not the X/C word again🙈
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Had a lovely walk, admittedly a trek as its uphill all the way but the views today were stunning. Could see for miles. I could have sat for hours if I'd had a chair with me, although probably a blanket and flask too would be needed. My eyes were watering with the cold wind, refreshing

Welcome back Nicos, of course youve been missed.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• We nipped into Robin Hoods Bay whilst we were away…down to the beach to hunt for fossils etc.
                              I had to chuckle at all the resuscitation boxes dotted around whilst going down to the beach…but by heck…I was looking out for them back on the way up
                              Not sure if such loooong steep hills agree with me anymore!
                              I was pleased to see youngsters needing to stop too though…so it wasn’t too embarrassing

Yup…watery eyes from the wind for me too CG

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Welcome home, Nicos. I find that when I go away at this time of year, it seems that I leave in summer, and return to find everywhere has jumped into autumn while I've been gone.

GF, I've been looking at warm socks too, slipper socks for around the house, those nice fleecy lined ones that keep your feet toasty. I couldn't resist a "buy 3 get 1 free" offer, so I've 4 pairs ordered. My very favourite ones have been darned so many times that now I'm darning the darns! Time they were retired to the bin, methinks.

Did a grory hop this morning, and fortunately missed the rain which is now tipping down in a heavy shower. It was sunny a moment ago 🙄

I picked up some birthday cards too, and realised with a bit of a shock that it will be my sister's diamond wedding anniversary next month How did we get so old? They had a record made of the church marriage service and gave copies to the family. (Tape recorders were not commonplace back then). I still have the record in a cupboard, though sadly no record player to play it.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X