Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure but didn't Nicos mention Christmas 3 or 4 weeks ago🤔 I seem to remember being so shocked at a Mod using the word so early
    Anyway good morning, managed to get all my necessary work with the ladders done before OH returned yesterday, so what she doesn't know, doesn't harm her😁. Have been out for a few messages this morning, dont need very much as we will be heading off to the lake district at the weekend, it has turned very cold now it was showing a temperature of 8c while out in the car and there's a cold wind blowing so wont be doing too much in the garden today, plus I will be attending the funeral of our previous minister, who sadly died due to cancer, however he is the very person who would tell you to live your life.
    I hope you all have a good day,nice to see youback Nicos and those feeling guilty about using the Christmas word, dont, with using or seeing the word it gives you a good reminder to start saving for something nice for me😀 so be happy and smile🙂🙂🙂
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Te he…anything in mind Rary?
      Sorry to hear about your previous minister x

Enjoy your hols- whatever the weather
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Walked that hill many times Nicos and Whitby steps
        Lost a camera at Robins Hoods Bay once
        Northern England.

Comment

• good afternoon all,Rary she will have known what you up to,am sure,my word how the weather has changed,i was cold all day yesterday,but have relented and had the heating on for a couple of hours this morning,made such a difference,car booked in for the MOT & service for 25th,i have been nominated by a friend to make a cake for a macmillan event,guess the weight off,have a lovely afternoon all
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Think we’ll light the fire tonight too lottie- I ended up with a hottie in bed last night!
            We have a very chill and blustery wind at the moment.
            Loads of leaves have fallen since we went away…looking forward to composting them

Comment

• I've been and done a grory hop. I actually put a jacket on before I went outside, the first time for weeks....Still wearing sandals however. I went to Aldi and the centre aisle did lure me in a little. I noticed last week that their baking shelves seemed a bit empty. They're full now of dried fruit, glacé cherries, ground almonds and jars of mincemeat, etc. I wonder why?

Hard to believe but the forecast for tonight is 6°C and tomorrow night, 3°C. I think I'll root out the hot water bottles later.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                I picked up some birthday cards too, and realised with a bit of a shock that it will be my sister's diamond wedding anniversary next month How did we get so old? They had a record made of the church marriage service and gave copies to the family. (Tape recorders were not commonplace back then). I still have the record in a cupboard, though sadly no record player to play it.
                I'm sure there are services that will record it onto a CD or pen drive for you. I remember my dad bought a cheap record player, the sole purpose of which was to transfer recordings on records onto USB devices. In fact, that might make a nice gift for them if they don't have a record player either.

Comment

• I give up. It looks like we're all bandying the C/X word about with gay abandon. We're as bad as the supermarkets. Crackers, the lot of us!

Comment

• I refuse to play with that word until December
                    Just had a hail shower.
                    Sandals gf? My feet would be frozen.
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Snoop, to change the subject, have you tried your cordless stick blender yet? Do you rate it? Is it rechargeable or does it take batteries? If they're good, I do quite fancy one.

My main problem with blenders is forgetting I've put things into the pan that should be recovered before blending. This last week I've accidently blended both bay leaves and chunks of lemon peel on separate occasions. I was thinking of buying little muslin bags to put herbs/spices in but then I had a vision of blended muslin bag or burnt out blender.

Comment

• It feels like its time get out the winter duvet and Wynette bedding, it didn't seem that long back they were on the bed.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I'm scared of stick blenders, it's the vibration that worries me. Daft I know!
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I find the stick blender gets used more than my large Kenwood jug blender.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                              Snoop, to change the subject, have you tried your cordless stick blender yet? Do you rate it? Is it rechargeable or does it take batteries? If they're good, I do quite fancy one.
                              Not yet. We ended up with beans on toast. But tonight looks like it's on the cards.

It's rechargeable. Came with a charger and USB C cable. Looks like that's true of most of them. I wouldn't have bothered with it if it was run by AA batteries, for example. It was 46 euros, so more expensive than mains versions but still the cheapest of all the ones I looked at that had decent customer ratings. I've just looked at Amazon UK site to see if I can spot it, but it looks like it's not being sold in the UK. The other brands I've spotted are much cheaper in the UK than in Spain.

For the big American brands Kitchenaid and Cuisineart, it's worth having a look at the reviews (especially the negative reviews) on Amazon dot com to see what they make of them in the States.

Flo, the model I bought is extremely quiet and doesn't vibrate very much at all, as it's relatively low powered in comparison with most stick blenders. I hate feeling like my brain's being jiggled about, so this seems about my kind of device. I'm amazed how quiet it is, though.

Comment

• That sound super cool Snoop!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X