X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd still have to have a brave pill Snoop Puss
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• ^Get Mr Fennel to use it, Flo. A stick blender is a lot more convenient than a jug blender. Especially for soup. Mr Snoop is so taken with the idea that he's asked if there's such a thing as a battery operated mixer for whipping cream. I'd give him an ordinary whisk, but once he's worked out how little effort it is, he'll be wanting whipped cream on his breakfast cereal.

Comment

• Apparently I may have Blenderphobia

Comment

• Looking through a list of phobias has been interesting - Arachibutyrophobia is one of the irrational fears!

Comment

• ^Given the number of hits for blenderphobia and blendaphobia, you're clearly not alone, Flo.

As for the other phobia, great name. I quite like peanut butter, but I do prefer the runny ones, not the ones that feel as if they've lined your mouth with claggy half-set cement.

Comment

• When I’ve eaten peanut butter it feels like it’s stuck to my teeth for the rest of the day. No matter how many times I cleaned them.
              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 11-09-2024, 08:00 PM.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning
                Not a fan of peanut butter, nor marmite

We have frost, cold and sunny but the wind is due to shift so warmer air will make things feel better gf will be able to continue with sandal wearing.

Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                  Brrrrr…brr…..
                  I’d set the heating to be on this morning….but brrrr….no heat!….turns out OH had turned all the radiators off earlier on in the year…oh well, they’re turned on again now so hopefully the heat will come through soon.
                  There was no way this morning that I was leaving the back door open for Hibou to wander in and out at will …must be autumn.

Peanut butter?…love it!…especially under squashed banana on thick cold toast! Mmmm….
                  ( I had to goooogle that Flo!)

On the cards for today?…finish off unpacking.
                  All the washing is done and the campervan up and ready for any impromptu days out….so I guess a grory hop is needed to buy in some vodka .( It’s for all the fruit I need to pull out of the freezer to make space for the Soreen, Jamaica ginger cake,bagels , tea cakes etc I brought back with me! )
                  I’ve already got quite a bit on the go but it’ll keep for years and I may never have another mirabelle glut. ( first one in 15 years!)
                  Don't really need anything else, so hopefully it’ll be a gardening day when it warms up a tad.

The heating engineer is due this afternoon to replace the temporary boiler pump so I need to save my pennies!
                  Enjoy your day peeps- I’m sure I saw the smiles earlier…well something flew past wearing bobble hats , so I guess it was them?
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornin CG!….didn't see you wandering around the kitchen, sorry - did you see I’d kept you a brew?

We are due frost tonight - hard to believe it was August less than 2weeks ago!
                    I best find that fleece for the garden. We pulled the last cucumber yesterday so at least that can be left uncovered.

Comment

• I was just looking through a list of phobias…..I feel quite boring!

https://www.verywellmind.com/list-of-phobias-2795453

This one made me chuckle, (not that it’s funny of course to any sufferers!)

Comment

• Morning all.

I'm not looking at that list. I have a horror of lists. Mind you, mostly because they detail a whole heap of jobs I don't want to be reminded of!

Glad the smiles were in a good mood when you spotted them, Nicos. Bobble hats... wonder who made those?

Cloudy and on the chilly side here. No chance of frost, I hope, but I reckon we'll be down to about 4 or 5 ºC on Sunday morning.

On the cards for me today: a big work day. No putting that off. Yesterday I got very distracted by kitchen planning. I had all my ideas in my head and it was making Mr Snoop anxious, not seeing it all on paper and measured up and little bits of cardboard for the kitchen appliances and big cupboards stuck down on squared paper. Anyway, I am pleased and proud to announce that my plans in my head work perfectly. However, Mr Snoop is putting his oar in this morning by saying he wants an area set aside for making tea and coffee (fair enough), but also cocktails. We've never made a cocktail in our lives! Unless you count a G&T as a cocktail.

On the downside, I didn't get around to making the soup. Promise I'll do it today.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Soup here tonight Snoop- made with lamb bones, garden veg and barley etc
                          I’m actually thinking of defrosting some beef to cook in a casserole tomorrow. If we are forecast a frost then that’ll be nice and warming.

Glad your kitchen plans worked out- how exciting!

Comment

• Morning

Bright sunny and chilly here, it was lovely and warm in my GH. Rain later though.

No phobias here I just don't like clowns, even as a kid I wouldn't go to the circus.

Snoop perhaps you could fit a shelf to the wall for MrSnoops cocktail bar.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.

I love peanut butter, but only the smooth variety. Peanut butter and rocket sandwiches or peanut butter and grated carrot sandwiches. I can't stand the satay sauce, which is mainly peanuts, that the Dutch seem to be addicted to, though....or their raw herrings.🤮🤮🤮

It's a cold and sunny 4°C here at the moment. It doesn't feel cold indoors, however. I haven't needed to turn the heating on, and I haven't got a jumper on. I'm barefoot, and my feet are sunbathing.

My new croc/clog type slippers arrived yesterday. All fleecy lined and with good grip, but just as comfortable as the ancient falling to pieces ones. I've just remembered that I brought my youngest sister a pair of bright red wooden Dutch clogs back from Holland years ago and she wore them for years. I wonder if she's still got them?

Snoop, maybe Mr Snoop is looking to the future.......a retirement of cocktails and 1920s style hedonism with lots of whipped cream on his cereal. My ordinary stick blender has an alternative whisk head. Very handy for small amounts of cream. I think the 1920s must gave been wonderfully........if you were rich.

Ooooh! The sun has just gone in and it suddenly feels COLD here. I'm thinking something hearty for our main meal. Yorkshire pudding? Dumplings? Mmmmmm.

Last edited by greenishfing; 12-09-2024, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All a cold one! Have a good day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X