Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very light Frost here too last night- not noticed any plants struggling apart from the basil.
    Just enough frost to put a layer on the bbq
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Ah Rary….there was I all excited for a minute too…

Comment

• hi all,late in today,not done a sight,i lost my mojo again,i think is because i got a lot going on around me,my head just wants to switch of and sleep, things i cannot talk about on here,to with family,and something i have to sort out,and cannot ignore,why is life throwing **** at me again,and why 1 of my offsprings is being a night mare about it all,1 son & DL doing things again,they are good to me,my word this silly weather,the other day freezing,cold this morning heating on for a couple of hours,now its to flippin hot it warmed up outside,hope you feel both feel ok now Snoop,also CG,you all sound busy again,Rary you sound like a good grandpa,have a good evening all
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening all.
          It was quite a nice day here although it got dull in the afternoon.
          Tidied up the flowers in the garden, cutting off any dead or faded leaves.
          Took seed heads from dahlias, sweetpeas, coreopsis, blue cornflowers and nasturtiums and laid them out to dry.
          I have also been drying sometonat9 seeds.

Nicos, I thought we were the only country paying for the shingles vaccine...just under €500 for the two.
          I guess health and peace of mind comes before cash..

Lottie, hope things work out for you, there is only so much you can control.

Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Yep bramble….and times that by two for us both!

Cant take it with you..quality of life etc etc.
            Not fair though is it?

Lottie…so sorry you are going through personal stresses - we’re here for you if you need us xxx

Early night for me…absolutely aching like crazy and want to feel fresh for the fair tomorrow.
            OH exhausted too…he managed to seal the patio sandstone paving slabs twice today. Yippeee…we can get the furniture onto it tomorrow. Still lots of things needing to finish with the area but it really feels like it’s coming together I guess it’s the small fiddly things now which take the time.

Hibou is exhausted too…she’s been following us both around all day purring. Clearly still chuffed we’re back home
            Last edited by Nicos; 14-09-2024, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• thanks girls,will have to try that bit harder tomorrow,picking son and DL up again just before lunch,there has been so many things need doing,some big some small,i am just gratefull for what i have,a roof over my ,head enough for me to live on for now,no major health issues,and debt free,plus a son and DL for support,1 does not want to know me,the other 1 has to find himself,times like this i really miss Billy and my late partner,i am on a bit of a downer,but WILL rise again,night night all,sweet dreams x
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Not surprised you're feeling down, LD. Family members know us so well they can push all our buttons so easily, sometimes without meaning to. Hope it all works out. But I agree with Bramble, it's not possible to control everything, especially not adult children.

Big hug.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Lovely chill and sunny morning….no idea if we had a frost but everywhere is really damp.

Opening the bedroom window to the sound of apples thudding to the ground even though there’s been no wind. I guess I need to be cooking them for freezing. Steamed apple sponge pudding comes to mind….

Lottie….so sorry you are going through all this. You are clearly still grieving
                  Your kindness and warmth exude from your posts. Be kind to yourself- other people often need to reflect on their lives and will surely recognise your warmth again given time xxx

Right…..Anyone for a brew? Kettle’s on!
                  Enjoy your day peeps….

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright out there and another very chilly night. Lovely to see the sun now, but very definitely autumnal. As for the rain forecast, well they haven't just halved it. They haven't even decimated it so much as twentimated it.

Otherwise all good. Another day of cooking and washing-up, but always good when we have friends visiting.

The blender did an outstanding job on the hummus for breakfast, by the way. Unsurprisingly, the battery doesn't last anything like as long as the manufacturer says, but I'm sure the big brand ones would be better in that respect. I just have to keep it topped up. Am very pleased with the purchase. It'll get a lot of use this autumn and winter for soups.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Cafe is closed so rethinking breakfast. Hugs to Lottie. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all,thank you for the very kind comments,the sun is shinning shining for now,am trying to make an effort to do things today,trying to drag the home godess back into play,i know to others it looks fine,but me,no,is mainly put things BACK in their place,and a bit of ironing,also have to do another loaf,i got some new yeast,glad you like the blander Snoop,they do a brilliant job with ease,and so easy to clean and put away,anothe thing i found is,mashing potatoes for a few,use a strong hand held whisk,it is so much easier than the regular mashers,start by a few crushes,then go for it,oh dear FF,are they on Sunday strike,have a lovely day all

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Its brightening up now but we have just had a drizzly shower.
                          Off to the church shortly and then grandson is coming for lunch,
                          Lottie, it sounds your on top of that bread making now.
                          Nicos you really are on a roll there, dont overdo it.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon.

We've just had a visit from my step daughter, who is on a flying visit to England, for the first time for a few years due to Covid and then a hip replacement. It was really nice to see her looking so well.

I was thinking of clearing out a cupboard this afternoon but my get up and go seems to have got up and gone.

Mr GF has just started watching a Western on TV, so I might have a quick browse on Am**on for something I don't yet know that I need. Retail therapy!

Comment

• What a good idea GF, I think I'll join you
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                Opening the bedroom window to the sound of apples thudding to the ground even though there’s been no wind. I guess I need to be cooking them for freezing. Steamed apple sponge pudding comes to mind….
                                Its rained here all day so we've had an apple day as well Nicos.
                                During a lull we picked lots of apples then spend most of the day juicing, dehydrating, freezing sliced cooked apples and puree.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X