Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fingers crossed all OK for Mr GF. Sounds like more soup for the next few days, then! And judging by the cooking tonight thread, he won't be sorry. I love home-made soup. Looking forward to the cold weather just to have more of it. Good for the soul, soup is.

Wow! You had a busy day, Flo. That's a lot of pastry.

The Lidl 'hobnobs' are very sweet, Nicos. Not sure if that's because I haven't eaten biscuits for quite some time or if they really are sweet. I looked at their Jaffa cakes, but I know we'd eat a packet in one sitting so resisted... Wish I'd bought them now. And I beg to differ: cream biscuits are the absolute pits, as far as I'm concerned. If it was a cream biscuit, especially a custard cream, or no biscuit, I'd go for no biscuit every time. On a positive note, the Lidl liquorice pieces are quite soft but extremely tasty. I've had two so far and I'll be polishing my badge for willpower if it stays at two for the rest of the day.

Glad you had a nice time with family, Jay.

Comment

• Mr GF has obviously suffered no serious after effects from his surgery as he has just decided he's going to have a croissant and strawberry jam for supper as he missed his elevenses today.

Does it fall into the category of soft food........Yes, according to him.

Comment

• Glad yr hubby is sorted gf….its been a really long day for you both.
        The taxi was clearly a brill call.
        Speedy recovery xx

You've got me fancying soup now soon. Pity we have tomorrow nights supper already sorted.

Talking of biscuits, when we were in the uk I had a sudden urge to buy some garibaldi biscuits …so I did. Not eaten them yet, but I just fancied having some in stock.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good night all.
          GF, so pleased to hear Mr GF is home safe and sound k I bet you are relieved.

Snoop, looking at your forecast, it's looking like rain is going your way.

Browsing through seed today in hardware shop I came across a packet of Cape Gooseberry seed
          I am going to grow these in th greenhouse next year in place of the peppers.
          Just looking to try something different, also contemplating one of the short season melons.

Not a lot else on the agenda so have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
            Snoop, looking at your forecast, it's looking like rain is going your way.

Browsing through seed today in hardware shop I came across a packet of Cape Gooseberry seed
            I am going to grow these in th greenhouse next year in place of the peppers.
            Just looking to try something different, also contemplating one of the short season melons.
            Really hope the rain reaches us here, Bramble. Yes. Some places relatively close to us have had very heavy rains, more in a very short space of time than anyone would want. At the moment, the forecast for us is 3 cm over two days.

Big thumbs up from me for Emir and Arava melons. If you search for them on here, you might find a few other people have liked them too. Penellype, do you have any views? I remember Baldy grew Emir and had good success with them. ameno, have you grown either of these? For some reason I remember you mentioning at least one of these.

Comment

• evening ,pleased MR is ok GF,does he need to be mindfull of the seeds getting stuck in the wound,owch,not looking forwards to a lot of rain,son has some outdoor jobs that he wants to do,good night every one sleep tight
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X