Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitely entertaining GF. They are so skilled. I remember when a row of very old and massive trees were taken down outside our unit at the hospital. The female staff were in awe, and had lots of what they called "Diet Coke" breaks
    Last edited by Florence Fennel; Today, 10:48 AM.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Photo taken. More noticeable than the scratch are my bright red cheeks from running around trying to get cash. We're moving into a cashless society, so they say, but not today in our local market town. The internet was down and nobody could pay by card, withdraw cash from the machines, do just about any kind of transaction at the post office... Cash was definitely king. After running around from bank to bank to see if I could find a machine that was working, by chance I spotted Mr Snoop driving to another builders' merchants and stopped him to snaffle his cash. Turned up for the photos, with cash to pay, but looking like a very hot, bright red bonkers foreigner. Anyway, no putting them off, GF, as I've got an appointment with the immigration cops, for which I need said photos.

As for wildlife, on the way back, a sizeable deer crossed the track ahead of our car. Biggest one I've seen yet here. Lovely to see but we won't be sharing the info with anyone in town in case the hunters get to hear of it.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Exciting times there Snoop!

I’ve spent half the day in the kitchen and OH asked if I’d like to go with him to the farm supplies shop again, just to get out really. Never one to turn down a trip to anywhere which sells plants , I jumped at the opportunity.
        No new plants in from 2 days ago… so we came back with a brand new metal wheelbarrow instead…over £100 Bet he wishes he hadn’t invited me now! Some were almost £200 so I at least I showed some restraint!
        Having said that, we have three really old , UV bleached and fragile plastic B&Q ones which must be at least 10 years old. Totally abused by building work and neigh on impossible to use without a chunk breaking off. One can just about be rescued for another few years by buying a new pneumatic tyre next time we’re over.
        ”Is this our Xmas pressie then?”: says he…..nope……( as if )

I agree about cashless societies Snoop. We’ve had some electricity outages after storms where the local shops could only take cash.
        They have to write everything down and will only take credit from people they are on first name terms with.
        More storms predicted in the future due to climate change…should be interesting to see how that goes shopping- wise.
        Last edited by Nicos; Today, 01:38 PM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• My eldest GG budgets by drawing out enough cash to last her a month. It works for her too. She has a little spending spree every three months or so with the money she's saved in the process. Perhaps cash will make a comeback!
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• ^Good strategy, Flo.

By the way, thanks for the suggestion of radishes, Bren. I have more packets of radish seed than I can shake a carrot at. I might see if I can ferment some, see how that goes.

Comment

• Afternoon all,hope things go well for you Snoop regards the photo outcome,took some garden produce again to my thursday group,it apparently raised just over £14,it all goes into the charity funds,we all benefit from eventually,what a sensible girl FF,glad your car passed Bramble,is always a good feeling,i know that it will cost an an arm and a leg,but hay ho,it's my independance and get out the walls machine,i really have to get them cakes done tonight,the first drop off is 10 am start tomorrow,is all in a good cause
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Lottie, I agree with you about the car..lord being independent that matters.
                Lovely to hop in the car and get out when the walls are closing in on you.

Snoop let's hope we dont turn into a cashless society, lots of older folk cant cope with cards and machines.
                Hope your pic turned out well.

Nicos, I haven't priced a wheelbarrow in years but the price pulled me up short.

Flo, I have two adult ggirls, one is so careful with her money, the other one let's the money run through her fingers like water.

Jay, , enjoy your break away, we have hares in the grounds behind our house, but they never came up to our door.

Have a good night all, we are having gale force wind and driving rain at the moment.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X