Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy belated birthdays to Bramble and Snadger. I was going to ignore telling you about mine, but with others telling their ages I’ll own up. I’m 75 today. Rary, as I live on my own the only one to go up ladders etc is me. Fortunately I have no one to tell me I’m too old.

I’ve already been told by my daughter that I’m too old for Glastonbury and a Morgan. When I said I was planning a car trip to Scotland as I’ve never been there, she advised me to go on a guided coach tour instead. Totalling missing the point that I intend to visit friends and relatives I haven’t seen fo years. I can’t see a tour company taking too kindly to being asked to stop off at random places.

I’ve just got back from picking a friend up from seeing her children. Her aunt turned up unexpectedly from 300 miles away. I might have to take her back again if her ex doesn’t turn up before school finishes.

Right, I have work to do and I’m only putting it off. Laters.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Afternoon all,happy belated birthdays to bramble and snadger,and happy birthday to Janie,as for being advised NOT to do things,i used to say,more chance of an accident you standing there and talking ext,as it takes away my concentration,i do understand they mean well ,apparently i missed some the rain,maybe i was asleep ,you can have my share of the bacon,not long got back from the DRS,my cist has been cut out,back in 2 weeks for stitches out,it was a big one,and deep,he said 5 stitches and about 1.5 inch cut,it is just under the bra line,a nuisance place,i could have gone to sleep after the initial injection,they kept asking if i was ok,DIL was on duty,she watched it being done,got to be care full for a few days,the nurse sent shivers down my spine just before i left,with the words,if it gets infected,i may need antibiotics,no way hosay after last time ,have a good afternoon all,and Bgood2yourselves
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Belated Happy Birthdays to everyone who has celebrated in the last week

Lottie dolly, take care of yourself - not too much bending over in the garden for a while

Who is hogging all the rain, please? I haven't had any, and I feel left out. Everything in the garden is beginning to look druthy, the honesty and oriental poppies have flopped over each other, the peonies look as if they may abandon trying to grow flower buds. I need RAIN!
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Happy birthday Janie and anyone else I've forgotten. I did the grory hop today as the rain started again this morning. Not too heavy......just annoying and muddy underfoot. Honestly I haven't got your share ..... yet .... Mothawk. We can stand a bit more, preferably at night.

Just looking through Al*i's offer sheet. It looks as if I'll have to call in on Thursday. They are getting electric kettles in and paella pans. My kettle is trying to self destruct. It is ancient and all the plastic bits on it are going brittle and slowly falling off.

Next job that I can't put off any longer is cleaning the kitchen floor ..... I'd rather be gardenning.

Comment

• Hapy birthday to the late April and early May peeps who have birthdays. I celebrated by being the only one at boot camp who could spin a weighted hoola hoop! I was videoed as well but ya'ii aint seeing it!

Fishing today provided a nice brown trout for my lunch tomorrow. Had to come away from the water early as I have Boxing/Core work at 5.30 this evening followed by Rockfit!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
              Ah Janie!…belated birthday greetings lass!
              And Lottie….​​​​​​…..promise us you’ll take things easy at least until those stitches are out….That’s a common area to get an infection if it can easily rub and get sweaty ( sorry - )I forgot, we ladies don’t sweat do we- we gently ‘glow’ )

Yesterday I did my fair share of ‘glowing’…..it took me 3 hrs -with a break in the middle- just to mow our field. Thank goodness half is put over to patches of long grass and wildflowers!
              We desperately need more rain.
              I noticed the day before when we were driving that the roadsides were as dusty as we usually get in August - with cars leaving a dust cloud behind them on the country lanes.

Too early for a cuppa? Yeh - I guess it is.
              Now Hibou is out I’ll try and catch ‘40 winks’ as my grandpa used to say.

* tiptoes quietly away….
              Last edited by Nicos; 04-05-2022, 04:21 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. It is absolutely persisting it down here and 10°C. We've definitely got our fair share now. Enough is enough.

I'm sitting here thinking: another half hour in bed or a cup of coffee...... I think bed has won......for now. See you all later.

Comment

• ‘Morning all. Prince has been out and done his business, I’ve taken my pills and I’m now sitting down with a cuppa tea and the crossword. I have to clean my kitchen floor too GF, a job I’m not keen on but it always looks so worth it when it’s done.

Today is the day I have to make room for the jukebox. I know where it’s going but I have 3 pieces of furniture that need some work doing to them before 2 of them go upstairs and 1 is hung on the wall. I’ve decided to put them where they’re meant to be and work on them in situ. There’s a small chest of drawers that needs painting, a corner cupboard that needs painting inside, and a spoon back chair missing a caster.

"I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

• Morning all.

Cloudy and a bit chilly at the moment. A bit more rain due today but not much. Still got puddles of water that hasn't sunk in, so even the land is saying enough is enough.

Counted the asparagus plants yesterday. 19 of my good ones and 16 of the grass type up so far. That might be it, I guess. But not bad going. Now I've just got to keep them alive till we can start eating them.

The smiles were quite jolly this morning, despite the grey skies. I reckon they'll be round to see you, Janie. Sounds like you've got a nice day ahead of you.

Outside isn't very inviting, so a bit of gardening later, maybe. Meanwhile, I'd better get down to some paid work to keep the bank manager happy.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all.

Thank you to whoever passed on the rain. I've got some. It isn't top quality, grade A, premium rain, but rather an economy, plain wrapper, can't really be bothered drizzle. But hey, anything is better than nothing

The bluetits are very busy back and forth to the box with tiny caterpillars, so I guess all the eggs must have hatched now. I wonder how many chicks there are. The blackbird is still sitting, though I've noticed two separate males are feeding babies somewhere. They load up with mealworms out of the fatballs and fly off towards the playing fields. The resident male chases them whenever he sees them.

Well done on the mowing, Nicos. That must be quite an acreage if it took 3 hours - hope you weren't using a push mower!
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

We've had a fair bit of overnight rain so butts are topped up and the gardens looking nice and fresh. I've done my morning plant shuffle toms, cucs and courgettes are in the GH for the day.

Enjoy your day.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                          Morning

We've had a fair bit of overnight rain so butts are topped up and the gardens looking nice and fresh. I've done my morning plant shuffle toms, cucs and courgettes are in the GH for the day.

Enjoy your day.
                          Bren, just wondering if you're considering leaving your tomatoes overnight in the greenhouse yet.
                          I dont seem to have anyone to compare with this year?

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            Dull and overcast but its dry.
                            Going to the park for my walk before the weather changes its mind although no rain forecast.

Nicos, like Mothhawk said, hope it wasnt a push mower.

Janie, you must be so excited to be getting your juke box today.
                            I will be interested to hear what mix of records come with it.

Take it easy Lottie, you dont want to do yourself any harm.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all,was raining now sun trying,Nicos that sounds a lot of grass,nevermind about the push mower,hope it's not sheep,hand cutters ,Snoop your rain sounds bad,hope the bonus is your well filling up,for when it stops,all go eh Janie,enjoy when it is set up,thanks girls,no need to worry about me,i got this sussed,had a really good night,1 position,it is no bother when am settled in the chair,but go to move ,certainty better than the effects of antibiotics ,i can be good,if really must be,i can always make cake,no strain in that,got an egg build up, GF the bed would won me over as well,off for a coffee and nibbles,have a good afternoon.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

petrol mower…but too heavy for me tbh…lots of turns and things to mow around and it’s the turning sharp angles which gets my wrists and back…still - can’t complain! We are lucky to have it in reality.
                                Cant have sheep at the moment but I guess that will be something for future years.
                                The area is a communal area for our guests so sheep droppings isn’t really an option.

Anyway…whoever passed on the rain - many thanks

I should have thought about it earlier….I’d just hung out 2 washer loads of clothes ! I hardly ever hang out washing either as the birds like to decorate it
                                I think I’m wetter than the clothes now as we got the real , bounce off the road sort of rain MH ! I guess tomorrow will be a weeding day…yippee - so much easier!

Time to think about food - we’ll, in reality I’m thinking about it most of the day…so much for hunger pangs eh?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X